Thread: bad gm attitude

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    you really wanted him to wait to kick you offf....lol
    get over yourself, you really think that they did you wrong in some way dont you.....lol
    grow up, you came here for sympathy.....guess what, we dont care....wow, kids these days really are a joke
    i came to get peoples opinions not sympathy

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This. If a GM had to sit around and wait to hand out punishments when it's convenient for the player, each GM would be covered in about 100 sticky notes. Just trying to manage every player's schedule is ridiculous.
    Basically that.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    So a bad name (i.e. F[P]rostitute) can't bring up bad memories or emotions which can easily offend or, yes, even remind someone about a bad past and lead them to doing something stupid? I personally don't care, but I know the world doesn't revolve around me.
    One third of characters in WoW should become a subject for a name change then, because they can bring up some bad memories or emotions in other players ("Murder" for example). Frostitute isn't even an offensive name. Although I can see why they wanted it changed, because of the under 18 players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragzy View Post
    so a few short minutes ago i was happily raiding doing attempts on heroic Ji Kun when a gm contacted me that i had a inappropriate name on the account i asked him which character it was and in respone all i got was 'a e-mail was sent your your registed e-mail address this account is being banned and a name change is required'

so i answer him asking if i could have 30mins untill he kicked me since we were still in the middle of a raid, all i got bak was a paragraph of repose which i couldnt read in time because i was kicked straight away.

does anyone find this unfair mid raid i get kicked and banned?
    When you're flagged for a rename, you're kicked offline and forced to rename the flagged character when you log back on. You should consider yourself lucky a GM gave you advance notice by contacting you. My monk alt was kicked offline in the middle of an LFR without notice in order to rename and I logged back in to be removed from LFR and rocking the 30 min. deserter debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    One third of characters in WoW should become a subject for a name change then, because they can bring up some bad memories or emotions in other players ("Murder" for example). Frostitute isn't even an offensive name. Although I can see why they wanted it changed, because of the under 18 players.
    Anything can bring up bad memories/emotions; you have to remember that, at least with your example of "Murder", that killing things is pretty much the main focus of the game and prostitution isn't.

I'm not going to go through every word but there are rules for a reason, and putting it simply, Blizzard can do anything they want to 'your' account without reason because you are simply borrowing it from them. If you break a rule, then don't expect someone who is doing their job to wait 30mins for you to finish a raid or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I report everyone with a potentially bad character/guild name. No real reason. If you ever got kicked for it, it was someone like me having a laugh at your expense.
    And you're the reason why there are days/week long wait times for actual tickets.

Seriously... wasting time on Frostitute? There's so many other violations they could be addressing.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Oh hey, another "I broke the rules, and then I got treated unfairly" thread. Haven't seen one of these in a couple of days.

Here's a protip: Don't break the rules if you don't want to risk having action taken against you. You really think the GM is going to wait 30 minutes while you finish your raid, or come back to that case later? He has other things to do, he's not going to waste any more time with you than he already did. Can't blame him at all.

I know why he wanted it removed ASAP. They let vulgar names slide sometimes if they're clever, but Frosttitute is neither appropriate nor clever. It was probably the ump-teenth hundredth time he'd seen such a name and he got tired of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you on an RP server?

I'd report your name on an RP server, but I'd let your name slide on a normal server. Because this is rated Teen, and I don't really care enough to inconvenience you.

(That said, I think the name is unoriginal and downright stupid anyway.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    I wish they would properly enfore the RP-naming policy on all realms at all times. I'm sick of seeing names like "OMGLOLTROLLDKWTFPWNSHARD" or something. I don't understand how people can invest time in characters with such dumb names ...

Edit: As for you OP, be happy you got a free name change so you could get rid of that retarded name for free. It would be much more fun if they'd charge the €10 for that though! Also, I don't think you've got treated unfairly or harsh. Don't give your characters such names and these problems won't happen. Purely your own fault!.. What I think is the worst about the situation is that your naming behavior has inconvenienced the 9/24 other people you were raiding with...
    Last edited by Ethes; 2013-07-12 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    I wish they would properly enfore the RP-naming policy on all realms at all times. I'm sick of seeing names like "OMGLOLTROLLDKWTFPWNSHARD" or something. I don't understand how people can invest time in characters with such dumb names ...
    I don't, either. I can't get into characters with stupid names.

That said, I've had both a Bricktonian and Qqimatroll because they were throwaway characters that only existed to get guild class/race achievements. :P
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

that gm was having a bad day

Quote Originally Posted by morph757 View Post
    that gm was having a bad day
    Actually, the OP got reported by someone who's not the GM and the GM had to act on it. Don't think it had much to do with the GM being moody! If you're aiming at the fact he got instantly kicked off, it is unreasonable to get your temp. ban at your convenience. OTherwise I'd ask a GM to give me my 3h ban when I've just gone to bed ....

The whole idea of a temp. ban IS that it inconveniences you

If the ban is at your leisure it is not really much of a punishment now is it. I am yet to see one of these "bad GM" posts where the OP is not a little kid with their head squarely jammed in their rectum. YOU are the problem OP.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I lol'd at this. Finish the raid? lol. Words cannot describe how much this entitled attitude disgusts me.
    "Entitled Attitude". He has a right to feel "Entitled", he is PAYING to PLAY the GAME. How much of an idiot do you have to be to not realize that this person is paying money to play, this isn't a F2P game where you can have your game completely disrupted whenever the makers wish because you aren't PAYING them anything. I find it funny how the GM wasn't able to just instruct him that his character would require a name change the next time he logs in, because it violated TOS (even though it's so arbitrary and subjective to begin with).

Now that you're off your high horse, crawl away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    There was that one quest where Garrosh calls Sylvanas a Bitch, and some guy says "thralls balls". ERMEGHERD BAN BLIZZARD!

Cant roll my eyes back further or else they might lodge in my skull.

Also theres whole instance wings dedicated to prostitutes and concubines, I mean come on. The double standards are killing me here.
    Pretty much. Not to mention if he was raiding it took them a very long time to actually do something about it.

Regardless, an inappropriate name is a minor misdemeanor that isn't actually hurting anyone. At most it should warrant issuing a warning to change within the next 24 hours. Some GM's are also bad at their jobs, not having a proper communication technique with customers (most are better).

Comparing it to a real crime is just being silly. Stop being silly if you want people to take you seriously.

I find in stupid for the simple reason that ANYONE that gets offended by a name like Frostitute needs to seriously reconsider their place amongst the living individuals of this world.

My god people are too fucking sensitive these days.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    "Entitled Attitude". He has a right to feel "Entitled", he is PAYING to PLAY the GAME. How much of an idiot do you have to be to not realize that this person is paying money to play, this isn't a F2P game where you can have your game completely disrupted whenever the makers wish because you aren't PAYING them anything. I find it funny how the GM wasn't able to just instruct him that his character would require a name change the next time he logs in, because it violated TOS (even though it's so arbitrary and subjective to begin with).

So if I pay people I can break the rules they put in place? That's interesting, good to know. Next time I go to a convenient store I'll buy something and then rob them at gunpoint, since I can break rules as long as I pay them first. Pretty unique philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I find in stupid for the simple reason that ANYONE that gets offended by a name like Frostitute needs to seriously reconsider their place amongst the living individuals of this world.

My god people are too fucking sensitive these days.
    I *highly* doubt that anyone was genuinely offended. Someone probably reported it just for a laugh, or he did something that pissed someone off so they reported him. I've done that, if someone annoys me without actually violating the ToS I'll report their name if it's against the ToS, so at least I can accomplish something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    The whole idea of a temp. ban IS that it inconveniences you
    The punishment is only effective when its used correctly in accordance with the rules. Banning someone on the stop for requiring a name change isn't in accorance with the rules.

Since people here are comparing this to a real law, it would be like a Police Officer executing a criminal on the spot instead of arrested them for a trial. Do you like hyperbole in line with your own?

Thought not, now stop being so foolish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    So if I pay people I can break the rules they put in place? That's interesting, good to know. Next time I go to a convenient store I'll buy something and then rob them at gunpoint, since I can break rules as long as I pay them first. Pretty unique philosophy.
    And this post proves my point at the silliness of this line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Implying a real world crime is in anyway related to a VIDEO GAME NAME. A subjective one at that tied to several double standards within the game itself, as noted above the NPCs "Concubines" and an entire wing dedicated to them in The Black Temple.

You need some real work on that analogy.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post

Although he is paying to play the game, he also accepted the terms stated in the ToS and EUA. He violated the terms and is butthurt that a GM wouldn't wait around for him to finish his raid (still laughing at this) before enforcing repercussions. Perhaps it it you who should get off your high horse and maybe take a closer look at what you agreed to before logging in.