Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry White Females part of Assault, Kill Black Man in Hate Crime, Sentenced 5-8 Years.

Edit: Since people wish to argue the source of the story rather than the story itself, here are some other links so you can shut up about it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-21-y...acist-attacks/

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...e-pm/25527831/

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news...black_man.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...black-man.html

Female gang-members who dubbed Jacksonville 'Jafrica', 'hunted' black people and took part in random murder of innocent man plead for forgiveness as they're jailed

Sarah Graves, 22, and Shelbie Richards, 21, pleaded guilty to conspiring to commit the 2011 hate crime - Graves got five years, Richards received eight

The women were among 10 white teens who left a party in Rankin County to find black men to assault in Jackson, which they called 'Jafrica'
    Both women were in Deryl Dedmon's truck when he fatally ran over James Craig Anderson, 47, in June 2011

Two women who were part of a group that repeatedly searched Mississippi's capital city for black people to assault were sentenced Thursday to multiple years in federal prison for their role in the 2011 hate killing of 47-year-old James Craig Anderson.

U.S. District Judge Henry T. Wingate on Thursday sentenced Shelbie Brooke Richards, 21, of Pearl to eight years in prison on one count each of conspiracy to commit a hate crime and concealing the crime by lying to police.

In a separate hearing earlier Thursday, Wingate also sentenced Sarah Adelia Graves, 22, of Crystal Springs to five years in prison for one count of conspiracy to commit a hate crime.

Both women were riding in a truck that fatally ran over Anderson in June 2011. Anderson died after being beaten and run over.

Both women read letters of apology to Anderson's bereaved family, writes the Clarion-Ledger.

'It was the worst decision of my life,' Richards said as she wept. 'I followed a lot of people with hate in their hearts...and I'm sorry for the actions I didn't take to save Mr. Anderson's life.'

Graves told the court she's haunted every day by Anderson's face.

'I was a teenager who partied too much and wanted to fit in with the crowd, and I've asked myself so many times, 'Why was I so afraid?' Graves said. 'I pray that not only God and Mr. Anderson can forgive me, but that his family can one day forgive me.'

Their day of sentencing was not that day. Anderson's sister told the girls:

'You sat, watched, encouraged and rallied around as my brother was beaten...your thirst for the blood of an innocent African American caused you to pour more fuel on the fire.'

Anderson's partner James Bradfield was similarly unforgiving.

The days are never the same. Holidays, birthdays, anniversaries...On a sunny day, all I can see is Craig out there working in the yard, trying to do everything he could for his family, and you took his life for no reason,' he said. 'And you didn't want to turn yourself in. You thought you'd get away with it.'

Six white men, sentenced earlier by a different judge, received prison terms ranging from four to 50 years for Anderson's death. Two more men await sentencing after Thursday's hearings.

Both Richards and Graves have acknowledged that they helped recruit people at a birthday party to take part in the venture that eventually led to Anderson's death in Jackson, which they called 'Jafrica.'

Richards admitted that she encouraged Deryl Paul Dedmon to assault Anderson when they arrived in a hotel parking lot, and then yelled a racial slur and encouraged Dedmon to run over Anderson when Dedmon returned to the truck.

Hotel surveillance video obtained by The Associated Press and other media outlets shows a Ford truck back up and then lunge forward at 5:05 a.m. Anderson's shirt is illuminated in the headlights before he disappears under the vehicle next to the curb.

Richards also acknowledged that later that month she lied to Jackson police detectives about the incident and her participation.

The 10 defendants have pleaded guilty to other racially motivated attacks, including the beating of a black man near a Jackson golf course, the beating of another man who tried to sell the suburbanites drugs, attacks on pedestrians using beer bottles and a slingshot, and an attempt to run down another black man.

Prosecutors said the suspects usually sought out people who were homeless or drunk. Other than Anderson, the black people who were assaulted have not been identified.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

This was done in Mississippi by the way, NOT in Florida or Texas. Just to clear that up and hopefully prevent people from derailing by posting against particular states off the get-go.

What do I think? Racism is still alive and well. It's just sick that the females of the group, who one admitted encouraging to run the man over while in the truck, is getting a slap on the wrist. I don't believe in the Death Penalty, but life in prison is too lenient of a deserving crime. That is, if any of them had even gotten it.

Oh, this is not the first time they committed assault or potential murders. Read in the story, he is the only one named that they can document.
    Last edited by Mrbleedinggums; 2015-06-19 at 09:03 PM.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Of course Racism is alive, I see it ever day against all races

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Of course Racism is alive, I see it ever day against all races
    Yet if it were a group of any other race killing a white man, you would probably think it would have received far more national attention than this story or update on the sentencing did.

The main problem is that many stories are either swept under the rug or people will try to justify the deaths, assault, brutality, etc. How many unarmed people need to die or be assaulted due to racism before we do something about it?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Yet if it were a group of any other race killing a white man, you would probably think it would have received far more national attention than this story or update on the sentencing did.

The main problem is that many stories are either swept under the rug or people will try to justify the deaths, assault, brutality, etc. How many unarmed people need to die or be assaulted due to racism before we do something about it?
    Don't be silly, you can't do anything about racism to make it not exist. It will always exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    Don't be silly, you can't do anything about racism. It will always exist.
    We can never get rid of it completely, no. But we can give ACTUAL sentences to hate-related crimes, no? How can having a bag of marijuana gets me more jail time than killing a person via racism/hate crime?

7+ Year Old Account
    i cant open the link its blocked here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    i cant open the link its blocked here
    My apologies. I will update it so that it'll show in the original post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What a stupid question - of course it's still alive and well. Did you think there was a time when it didn't?
    People will generally ask "so what is OP's take on it" if they do not post their opinion. Ergo, my opinion. The only stupid question is the ones not asked.

So these people will get a slap on the wrist and sent back out to do more dmg after 5 to 8 years??

This is why I'm for the death penalty, that mans family will never have the justice they deserve!

5 years? You get that for having an ounce of weed on you

Look at all these lone wolfs that are all crazy and definitely not racist.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Same for murder, rape and theft, but we still punish those people.
    Racism isn't a crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    Racism isn't a crime.
    It is not, but acting upon a crime that denotes a motivation due to said hatred is. Much worse so than if it were non-racially motivated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    It is not, but acting upon a crime that denotes a motivation due to said hatred is. Much worse so than if it were non-racially motivated.
    That's your opinion. It doesn't get worse just because of the motivation behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Look at all these lone wolfs that are all crazy and definitely not racist.
    I think you are trying to coonect these horriable people with the shitbag Mr. Roof. do you have any evidence to back this connection? Or are you just angry and venting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stopped the instant I saw a dailymail link. You should look up a term from the late 80s/early 90s called 'sensationalism'. Glad to see its still in heavy practice in the UK.

are we going to fill the forum with incidents of the rare cases of white on black violence while the same forum will silence any one that dares to even mention the more common occurrence of black on white violent crimes

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised by the lenient sentencing.

We've always known that being a racial minority guarantees heavier sentencing.
    We've always known that being a man guarantees a heavier sentencing.

So essentially being a white woman guarantees the most lenient sentencing possible.

We've also known that attractive and "repentant" women get further lenient sentencing.

These two just won the lottery basically.

If you are a dude, you are shit out of luck.

If you are a black or Latino dude... I have no words to express how shit out of luck you are!

15+ Year Old Account
    2011 news messed up yes but old news.
    *Edit* Sentencing just happened so... still messed up though.
    Last edited by sharpy; 2015-06-19 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    are we going to fill the forum with incidents of the rare cases of white on black violence while the same forum will silence any one that dares to even mention the more common occurrence of black on white violent crimes
    Post it... You have the same ability to post anyone else and I have seen you start threads, so it's not like you don't know how. Just say this is awful and go start a thread... Otherwise, you are just excusing this behavior as a forum trend...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    What's the point of having mod privileges if you don't get to use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    That's your opinion. It doesn't get worse just because of the motivation behind it.
    It's my opinion? How about it's what the law dictates in many states. It's similar to how first-degree murder sentences are different than second-degree murder sentences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Stopped the instant I saw a dailymail link. You should look up a term from the late 80s/early 90s called 'sensationalism'. Glad to see its still in heavy practice in the UK.
    How is this at all sensationalism? Because you don't agree with the story? I am sorry nobody asked if someone dying is worthwhile of a story for you before they published it.