What are these Steam Trading Cards for?

I've recently gained some 'trading cards' I was surprised to see they can be sold and some are worth a small amount. Are they useful for anything else? I'm talking about a Bioshock Infinte (foil) card, it seems like it can sell for a little, but what else is it for?

Apologies, steam trading cards*
    Last edited by -Skye; 2013-07-13 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I've recently gained some 'trading cards' I was surprised to see they can be sold and some are worth a small amount. Are they useful for anything else? I'm talking about a Bioshock Infinte (foil) card, it seems like it can sell for a little, but what else is it for?

Apologies, steam trading cards*
    That's just it. They're trading cards. Nothing more, nothing less. Aka useless pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    That's just it. They're trading cards. Nothing more, nothing less. Aka useless pixels.
    If by useless pixels you mean pixels that are valuable to others who will pay real money for them, then yes. I've made about $20 off of selling some of the cards I've got.

Beyond that, once you complete decks, you get things like custom backgrounds, more cards, emotes for steam chat and some other goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    If by useless pixels you mean pixels that are valuable to others who will pay real money for them, then yes. I've made about $20 off of selling some of the cards I've got.

Beyond that, once you complete decks, you get things like custom backgrounds, more cards, emotes for steam chat and some other goodies.
    So if I'm not interested in that stuff selling the cards can net you a bit of money back over time? Sounds awesome tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Actually once you complete the set you get 3 things, an emoticon, a background, and a discount on a (random game) you get roughly half the cards you need from the game, others you have to trade for/buy if you are that way inclined. Although i've not got any discounts that ive wanted to use yet but some of them can be pretty hefty, up to 75% ---- badges also reward your profile with exp, allowing you to gain levels (which in itself have little purpose apart from giving you the chance of getting booster packs of three trading cards)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    Paladin chat and whispers now appear with sparkles.
    We have officially changed the name of the "rogue" class to “rouge.”
    All dungeon & raid bosses now have legs. If they already had legs, they got more legs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've just been selling mine. Only gotten about 7$ but I used it to buy tomb raider for $5. So I'm EVERY happy they are around.