Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I'm expecting great looking transmog stuff in the store and bad looking gear from raid instances.
    that is exactly what I thought when I first heard of transmog gear in blizz store. you may not notice it now, and try to defend Blizzard by saying "we already have awesome transmog gear in-game." but you should take note that the changes will be more noticable in the future. perhaps in the next expansion when all the new tier gear looks crappy and there's this awesome transmog gear that'll make you look like a Warden (pretty badass for Night Elves I say) but the Warden transmog gear is 10$ and you can't obtain it in-game.

smart move by blizz? maybe. but these sort of cash shops are good for a free-to-play game not WoW that is still using a subscription system (and has a strong subscription base = strong income)

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    that is exactly what I thought when I first heard of transmog gear in blizz store. you may not notice it now, and try to defend Blizzard by saying "we already have awesome transmog gear in-game." but you should take note that the changes will be more noticable in the future. perhaps in the next expansion when all the new tier gear looks crappy and there's this awesome transmog gear that'll make you look like a Warden (pretty badass for Night Elves I say) but the Warden transmog gear is 10$ and you can't obtain it in-game.
    You are saying it's going to happen with transmog gear, but why didn't it happen with mounts? It's been three expansions now and we only have 5 mounts in the store and we still got good mounts in WoTLK, Cata and MoP.

Five Stages Of Grief
    1. Denial.
    2. Anger.
    3. Bargaining.
    4. Depression.
    5. Acceptance.

i like those who are in denial and say that the helms are not good looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the reason mounts and pets are Cross account are cause of this shop, BOA are still limited to realm "due to technical difficulties" so you have to spend money on realm changes and what not. Just goes to show you how greedy blizzard have really become. All the best combat pets come from the blizz store. If people want to throw money at an increasing pile of filth is sad. "A fool and his money are soon parted" comes to mind. Heres me looking at the sparkling pony if people just said No we wouldn't be having this issue. Blizzard will keep pushing this cash shop + Sub for as long as possible and I don't want to be part of it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    You are saying it's going to happen with transmog gear, but why didn't it happen with mounts? It's been three expansions now and we only have 5 mounts in the store and we still got good mounts in WoTLK, Cata and MoP.
    because we are still in a subscription based game.

This is how it begins.

Why add things to the game when you can add things to the store? You're now paying $15 a month for the esteemed privilege of buying things they should be adding to the game from the revenue they generate from subscriptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    greedy shit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    good point. let's hope it stays that way.

but I'm still concerned about the expansion of this cash shop (there shouldn't be any in the first place, cash shops are for free-to-play games.) you are already paying to access their product, why pay extra? are they working overtime to create these mounts and gear? are they buying these mounts of transmog gear from a different company? no, they are making these products in their business hours, by their own staff. I don't see any reason for having a cash shop at all.

it all depends on the business strategy of the company.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-07-13 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    This game is now about hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    greedy shit
    That's really the only way to put it. Blizzard has decided to douple dip and milk what's left of their playerbase, and sadly a lot will thank them for the opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    Why add things to the game when you can add things to the store? You're now paying $15 a month for the esteemed privilege of buying things they should be adding to the game from the revenue they generate from subscriptions.
    Yes, that's why all the mounts and pets released since the introduction of store have been cash exclusives. Oh wait, they aren't.

If this is how it begins, then they are taking ages with it considering the store has been around since WoTLK.

More aesthetic items from the store. Like the mounts weren't aesthetic things.
    Honestly, why are people still bitching. This shit doesn't affect your gameplay in the slightest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Honestly, why are people still bitching. This shit doesn't affect your gameplay in the slightest.
    It does affect mine. You're not the one to dictate what affects who. So shut up and go troll elsewhere.

Some people just remind me that EA used to pay forum posters to praise their games.

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    It does affect mine. You're not the one to dictate what affects who. So shut up and go troll elsewhere.

Some people just remind me that EA used to pay forum posters to praise their games.
    Calling me a troll? A cheap shot.

So, please explain yourself.. how does it affect your gameplay? Some aesthetic shit to make you feel pretty affects your content.. yeah, I'm interested to read this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Maybe you see it differently, but I can't like an item everyone else around me has. It feels devalued and pointless.
    Then you must really hate the ICC drakes etc. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    if you don't care about cosmetic stuff, don't post about it. some people (myself included) actually like transmog gear and mounts, there's no "premium" content in a subscription based game, because a subscriber IS the premium user. why should the subscriber pay EXTRA to have something that he already paid for???

Deleted
    Well, one more indicator who to not invite in your guild/group. Like TRH and its successors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjuFpQ3EeA

Deleted
    Calling me a troll? A cheap shot.

So, please explain yourself.. how does it affect your gameplay? Some aesthetic shit to make you feel pretty affects your content.. yeah, I'm interested to read this.
    Yes you really are a troll and if I was paranoid I'd say someone pays you to write such horrible bullshit non-stop.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-07-13 at 02:37 PM.

if you don't care about cosmetic stuff, don't post about it. some people (myself included) actually like transmog gear and mounts, there's no "premium" content in a subscription based game, because a subscriber IS the premium user. why should the subscriber pay EXTRA to have something that he already paid for???
    They should totally stop charging for expansions too! Isn't paying for the game enough? Absolutely ridiculous! I'm entitled to everything for free!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Yes you really are a troll and if I was paranoid I'd say someone pays you to write such horrible bullshit non-stop.
    I wish.

but I'm still concerned about the expansion of this cash shop (there shouldn't be any in the first place, cash shops are for free-to-play games.) you are already paying to access their product, why pay extra? are they working overtime to create these mounts and gear? are they buying these mounts of transmog gear from a different company? no, they are making these products in their business hours, by their own staff. I don't see any reason for having a cash shop at all.
    As part of a publicly traded company they have an obligation to make money. WoW has been losing subs over the years and making less money. They are trying to soften the blow by adding some cash items here and there.

Also, keep in mind that there is a lot of "lost" development time. There is a ton of lore, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, artwork that is made for WoW that is never used. Take for example the GDC presentation from D3 where they talked about the design of Diablo. They had like a dozen of concept art made before they had the final one. They never ended up using the rest. It's possible that those 3 head items are parts of sets for mobs or bosses that never made it into the game and Blizzard is simply salvaging that "lost" development time.