Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    The only thing I'm concerned with, is them making awesome transmog gear available for real money and continuing to make lackluster tier sets so people are encouraged to go buy said awesome transmog gear.
    People keep saying that. Some tier sets look bad, some look good. This is how tier sets have been for the last... forever.

Moreover, you don't have to use "new" tier armor anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    And by selling the items that they are on the cash shop, which could have been rewards for actually participating in the game, they're also indirectly harming gameplay. Granted, this doesn't affect folks who dislike the look of these particular items (as they wouldn't have pursued them in-game), but that's at least my take on why this particular trend isn't too healthy.

It's not always a case of "who cares, it's just pixels"
    So you're saying "if they did something different than what they're doing, it'd be different"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

And by selling the items that they are on the cash shop, which could have been rewards for actually participating in the game, they're also indirectly harming gameplay. Granted, this doesn't affect folks who dislike the look of these particular items (as they wouldn't have pursued them in-game), but that's at least my take on why this particular trend isn't too healthy.

One could just as easily say that in implementing items to the game which could have been on the cash shop, they're indirectly harming both their own profitability and those who want to buy such things on the side. Thankfully, we have nice things in-game, and nice things on the store; no one loses.

Yes, it effects people who aren't willing to put out the required amount to purchase these models for their characters. You are right, and I know people will never do that so long as there is a subscription tied to it. Blizzard might add a way to obtain something on the item shop once it's introduced through in-game. But as is these items do not add anything or take away much at all from the base game people are paying for.

Since when did it become the customer's sense of duty to suck the dick of the companies that actively and openly take advantage of them? The fuck is wrong with some of you. What exactly is it that makes it feel like it's YOUR job to champion THEIR greed at your own expense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Since when did it become the customer's sense of duty to suck the dick of the companies that actively and openly take advantage of them? The fuck is wrong with some of you. What exactly is it that makes it feel like it's YOUR job to champion THEIR greed at your own expense?
    How is it at our expense? If they didn't have the store, they would have just never made these items.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    Can't see the problem. If you don't want it, don't buy it.
    THIS

/10char

Infracted: A note to all who see this that simply saying THIS^ is not allowed. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-14 at 02:27 AM.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    NO, I'M SORRY PEOPLE BUT TOUTING 'ITS GOT NO STATS, YOU DON'T NEED IT' DOES NOT NEGATE THE FACT THAT SOME PLAYERS REGARD AESTHETIC PORTIONS OF THE GAME TO BE OF EQUAL IF NOT LARGER IMPORTANCE THAN STATS.

The STORE and indeed ALL mounts and items that have come from it that are ONLY available in store, are continued symptoms of a design lead that is more interested in offering parts of the game to everyone on a platter, than providing a hierarchical skill based differentiation system that rewards effort and ability. The store is double dipping, it is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanis View Post
    NO, I'M SORRY PEOPLE BUT TOUTING 'ITS GOT NO STATS, YOU DON'T NEED IT' DOES NOT NEGATE THE FACT THAT SOME PLAYERS REGARD AESTHETIC PORTIONS OF THE GAME TO BE OF EQUAL IF NOT LARGER IMPORTANCE THAN STATS.

The STORE and indeed ALL mounts and items that have come from it that are ONLY available in store, are continued symptoms of a design lead that is more interested in offering parts of the game to everyone on a platter, than providing a hierarchical skill based differentiation system that rewards effort and ability. The store is double dipping, it is wrong.
    So then you were outraged when they started TCG mounts too, right?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So then you were outraged when they started TCG mounts too, right?
    Yes, i goddamn was.
    I ganked every player i saw on one.

Those beautiful models the artists make, DENIED TO ALL WHO WOULD WISH TO PURSUE THEM WITH ACTUAL EFFORT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanis View Post
    Yes, i goddamn was.
    I ganked every player i saw on one.
    Did you vehemently complain about Blizzard's inevitable spiral into oblivion and greed back in Burning Crusade, then?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Sorry if you didn't see this coming when they put in transmogg, well don't know what to say...

Deleted
    Did you vehemently complain about Blizzard's inevitable spiral into oblivion and greed back in Burning Crusade, then?
    Yes, but just like in real life when Americans fail to riot over the NSA, people failed to vehemently join me in my complaint during Burning Crusade

Deleted
    From my PoV the problem is that the best looking mounts and gear will be available from the shop, while there is no reward in-game that comes even close to them. I certainly understand why casual players prefer this approach but for more hardcore players like myself these items need some sense of accomplishment before I would wear them.
    One solution would be to make a recolored version of items in the cash shop obtainable in game. For example a blue or red heart of the aspects mount should of dropped from HC Deathwing, but instead they chose to make him drop the ugliest mount I have ever seen. Same with the helms now, Garrosh HC should drop the recolored version of these, that way both casual and hardcore players would be satisfied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolori View Post
    From my PoV the problem is that the best looking mounts and gear will be available from the shop, while there is no reward in-game that comes even close to them. I certainly understand why casual players prefer this approach but for more hardcore players like myself these items need some sense of accomplishment before I would wear them.
    There have been numerous great looking mounts and armor sets since the store came out.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    One solution would be to make a recolored version of items in the cash shop obtainable in game. For example a blue or red heart of the aspects mount should of dropped from HC Deathwing, but instead they chose to make him drop the ugliest mount I have ever seen. Same with the helms now, Garrosh HC should drop the recolored version of these, that way both casual and hardcore players would be satisfied.
    God it shouldnt even be a recoloured, it should be whole new models. HC content should be entirely 'one up' in visual aesthetic to DEMONSTRATE and award the effort and ability of the players that partook.

Deleted
    There have been numerous great looking mounts and armor sets since the store came out.
    Well the only one i can think of is the Elegon mount, and in terms of gear noting comes close to those helms IMO.

The thing is, all of the store items are not available through any other means in the game, and they therefore do not diminish the work players put in to get stuff in game. Now if something like Mimiron's Head became available in the store, I would be a little more upset, since that mount took/takes time and effort to get in the game.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Generally I don't see an issue with being able to buy cosmetics from the store. However I do have a problem when they clearly have received considerably more time and art designing than anything else. None of the Tier 16 sets look particularly amazing, and then a week later these helms make an appearance. Could have timed that a bit better to be at least slightly more discreet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the only one i can think of is the Elegon mount, and in terms of gear noting comes close to those helms IMO.
    Have you seen the heavenly serpent mounts? Or the pterrorwings? Invincible? The firehawks? How about the new engineering mount coming out in 5.4? It's probably the most insanely awesome mount I've seen.

And as for armor sets, there have been a smattering of fantastic sets since the shop came out.

The PvP sets this tier look great too. Why aren't people complaining "blizzard is making bad raiding tier sets to make me do PvP?"
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvy View Post
    Generally I don't see an issue with being able to buy cosmetics from the store. However I do have a problem when they clearly have received considerably more time and art designing than anything else. None of the Tier 16 sets look particularly amazing, and then a week later these helms make an appearance. Could have timed that a bit better to be at least slightly more discreet.
    I literally feel nauseated that these shop $ items took up 3 of the artists 'annual model allowance' when they couldve been working on stuff that players who actually play the game will be able to consume.