Deleted

Graphics Card Upgrade?

Hey all,

First of all my pc specs are:

GPU: GeForce GT 610
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 Cpu, 860 @ 2.80Ghz
    Mem: 5.96GB RAM
    and my current resolution is 1920x1080 at 60.

Recently, the default GPU died after a couple of years so I had to buy my current one since that is what I could afford at the time. My question is would buying a better GPU have a decent impact on my machine? A lot of games I play I can only really run at medium and less settings. (For example, in wow I hit 11-15fps) :P

I don't really want to buy another pc all together since in around a year or so I'm going to be moving to Uni, so I'm just looking at what parts I could upgrade to make things run better.

Cheers in advice, if I've missed any info, just let me know!

Deleted
    A new gpu will def help you.
    Looking at the gpu and ram you have now, Im assuming you have a pre-build system.

If that is so, what is it?
    If it has a normal form factor, what kind of psu do you have? Chances are you will also have to buy a new PSU for the new gpu. There should be a label on the psu, showing its specs.
    And what is your budget?

Deleted
    I've used many graphics cards with my i7 processor (Although mines a 2600k OC'd to 4.5ghz, not sure how yours compares), so I can suggest a few.

If you're looking for future proof then I suggest a GTX 770 which will play 99% of the latest games on ultra settings and costs around £300~ or you can go for a mid range card in the GTX 660/ti which can easily play WoW on Ultra settings and costs around £200~ and then you can go as far back as the GTX 560ti which can also run the game on high/ultra and if you're lucky to find one on eBay you can get them for about as cheap as £90~ which is what I sold mine for.

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    For the price of 160 £, the 7870 XT is the best price/performance card. Also 3 awesome games.
    http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/...roductId=55140
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Moved to sub-forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    A new gpu will def help you.
    Looking at the gpu and ram you have now, Im assuming you have a pre-build system.

If that is so, what is it?
    If it has a normal form factor, what kind of psu do you have? Chances are you will also have to buy a new PSU for the new gpu. There should be a label on the psu, showing its specs.
    And what is your budget?
    Yeah, the GPU was what I could afford since the other broke :P But everything else is standard. It's a dell studio xps 8100. (http://www.dell.com/uk/dfh/p/studio-xps-8100/pd)

My budget at the moment is likely to be around £120~ maybe a bit more if it is really worth it. Though would it be worth also upgrading the ram too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    I've used many graphics cards with my i7 processor (Although mines a 2600k OC'd to 4.5ghz, not sure how yours compares), so I can suggest a few.

If you're looking for future proof then I suggest a GTX 770 which will play 99% of the latest games on ultra settings and costs around £300~ or you can go for a mid range card in the GTX 660/ti which can easily play WoW on Ultra settings and costs around £200~ and then you can go as far back as the GTX 560ti which can also run the game on high/ultra and if you're lucky to find one on eBay you can get them for about as cheap as £90~ which is what I sold mine for.

Good luck!
    I don't think I would stretch up to £200~ for a new GPU, but I did a quick Ebay search and there seems to be quite a bit of GTX 560ti 's. Though, will I to make sure I get any cables or are the current cables I have my with current GPU the same? I doubt i'll need to make sure I get the CD as well?

Deleted
    A 650TI boost is just above your budget (by 10 pounds). But I think its the best you can get for that budget.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/giga...65tboc2gdboost

Things is, im not sure about your PSU. If you could save up some more you could also get

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-...ply-p1450sx2b9

Looking at the link you provided, the case looks like a regular ATX case. But im not to sure on that.

Your RAM is fine.