Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Loving the show, wish i could somehow forget about it though for a year or two and then watch a shit load of episodes in a row xD Hate having to wait.

Latest episode was pretty awesome, next will be even better from the looks of it.
    I don't have issues with waiting, mostly since the anime has been 1-2 good episodes - 1-2 shit episodes - repeat from start...

They try to force the viewer to like the characters by showing a 5 min flashback about some bitchy talking that they can trust eachother even though they only know eachother for a day. This anime could use some extra episodes to go around those flashbacks and actually showing us why they can trust eachother for example.

"let's all bite our hand so we can be best friends forever" what a load of crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must say, the anime is really following the manga pretty darn well. I realize there are a few changes but damn! A lot of the scenes line up with the manga perfectly.

...My favorite arc isn't coming 'til next season I guess. Siiigh. I hope they pick it up again with the same quality and animation woven into this first season.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I don't have issues with waiting, mostly since the anime has been 1-2 good episodes - 1-2 shit episodes - repeat from start...

They try to force the viewer to like the characters by showing a 5 min flashback about some bitchy talking that they can trust eachother even though they only know eachother for a day. This anime could use some extra episodes to go around those flashbacks and actually showing us why they can trust eachother for example.

"let's all bite our hand so we can be best friends forever" what a load of crap.
    The biggest issue with the show is that they tried to fit so little content into 25 episodes. Because of this, a lot of things in this show is dragged out or even added to stretch it to 25 episodes. So we get conversations which last way longer than they need to and scene which really don't need to be there. Honestly, this season could have easily been done in ~18 episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    The biggest issue with the show is that they tried to fit so little content into 25 episodes. Because of this, a lot of things in this show is dragged out or even added to stretch it to 25 episodes. So we get conversations which last way longer than they need to and scene which really don't need to be there. Honestly, this season could have easily been done in ~18 episodes.
    That was not possible though, because of how the broadcast seasons work. I have never heard of a tv anime(with a normal tv schedule) with 18 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I don't really understand the concept of the show fitting little content into its run. If anything it fits everything from the Manga thus far in a realistic spread of time. As I've pointed out before, the show doesn't waste time for the majority of moments. Conversations tend to be quite fast and then it moves on, only a few shots ever linger on certain moments that mirror the manga in that they're reactions or appreciations of something. The only additional scenes have been enhancements to the action scenes from what I've noticed; adding in fluid combat and movement where appropriate - just take Mikasa's attack on the female titan towards the end of the current episode as an example. It was an unnecessary, but welcome addition, rather than Eren just suddenly deciding he can transform because Armin and Mikasa head out, he transforms because they are actually putting everything on the line on screen, instead of just saying they will.

If anything, it's kind of annoying that they do the full recap thing every episode, but given that every episode is actually about 18 minutes long (4 minutes of recap + intro and 2 minutes of ending + outro), almost no actual time is wasted. Yes you could make it with less episodes, but that would just saturate the source material a bit too heavily. I'd hate to see this turned into a Blue Exorcist type deal, where it suddenly just ups and shits all over the source material so that they can bring closure without the writer getting to a specific point.

I think the reasoning for the short actual episode length is simple: Production IG have put 101% effort into the CG, animation and art, in particular the shading, which is hugely reminiscent of how vintage anime used to look prior to simply using digital paint fills. They've made sure that people can pick up the show at almost any given point and have a good idea of what's going on, specifically because it's going to have to recoup a lot of huge costs for a serial anime.

A lot of people seem to believe it's a slow anime, simply because it doesn't cater to the villain and/or fight of the week tedium that a lot of other anime use to keep people entertained in lieu of actual plot development. The series has covered upto chapter 32 of the Manga so far and will probably end with Chapter 35 for the OVA/whatever the theatrical release is going to be. Then, when it starts up again, chapter 36 is the perfect start to a second season.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-09-22 at 11:02 PM. Reason: clarification

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    If you do not want spoilers stop clicking the spoilers tag.
    A warning that it's a manga spoiler would be very nice. I assume they are anime spoilers since it's an ANIME thread.

Also, not everyone is kind enough to provide that tag. I'm merely here to read about people's opinions about the anime. Now stop playing stupid. Please.
    Last edited by mmoce8f8bee469; 2013-09-24 at 03:37 AM.

Bit of a problem considering that the anime is weekly whereas the manga is monthly... might as well forget about the series after next week.

Trying to stay with the anime because I absolutely love the action scenes and the animation is top notch but I also love the story and want to know what happens next! I only started watching when 23 came out and I watched 1-23 is a day and was just craving more of it haha.

I think I'll take a major extended break even after season 2 (if it happens) starts, so that I can watch in bulk again.

;; and god Annie and Mikasa are just too bad ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    A warning that it's a manga spoiler would be very nice. I assume they are anime spoilers since it's an ANIME thread.

Also, not everyone is kind enough to provide that tag. I'm merely here to read about people's opinions about the anime. Now stop playing stupid. Please.
    A word to the wise, clicking spoilers then calling people stupid for supplying the spoilers is a little ironic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rcgn View Post
    Trying to stay with the anime because I absolutely love the action scenes and the animation is top notch but I also love the story and want to know what happens next! I only started watching when 23 came out and I watched 1-23 is a day and was just craving more of it haha.

I think I'll take a major extended break even after season 2 (if it happens) starts, so that I can watch in bulk again.

;; and god Annie and Mikasa are just too bad ass
    Expect to wait about a year for season 2, and maybe 3-4 years for season 3, there is just barely enough manga for another season if they stretch it so a third is out of the question at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't Levi have his own spinoff manga? They could adapt that for filler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    They could always make an anime-original and/or spinoff season.
    Either option would be good but I have serious doubts about an anime original, especially since the anime has followed the manga almost frame for frame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Doesn't Levi have his own spinoff manga? They could adapt that for filler.
    I have never heard of a Levi spinoff, got a link to it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never heard of a Levi spinoff, got a link to it?
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...shojo-magazine

It does coincide a bit with the end of this arc, if it ships on the 28th.

Deleted
    A word to the wise, clicking spoilers then calling people stupid for supplying the spoilers is a little ironic.
    To be fair to the guy, the thread is tagged with [Anime] so some people probably would get a bit miffed if people are posting spoiler tags he assumes to be simply anime spoilers out of courtesy for people who haven't yet watched it, which turn out to be manga spoilers 20 chapters ahead :P

I personally don't care myself if I read spoilers. He didn't have to be quite so hostile about it though :P

OT: That was a really great episode. I haven't been this impressed with an anime in a long time. A lot of things seem to fall into the trap of 8-episode long fights and a lack of actual plot aside from "dey r da evils we most fite!!1". This one has some actual drama to it and a bit of ambiguity about what's actually going on.

I also love the music and art/animation style. It's so fluid and high quality. That lightning bolt bit and Mikasa getting knocked flying and rolling across the floor looked + sounded awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...shojo-magazine

It does coincide a bit with the end of this arc, if it ships on the 28th.
    Thanks, worth looking into.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    To be fair to the guy, the thread is tagged with [Anime] so some people probably would get a bit miffed if people are posting spoiler tags he assumes to be simply anime spoilers out of courtesy for people who haven't yet watched it, which turn out to be manga spoilers 20 chapters ahead :P

I personally don't care myself if I read spoilers. He didn't have to be quite so hostile about it though :P

OT: That was a really great episode. I haven't been this impressed with an anime in a long time. A lot of things seem to fall into the trap of 8-episode long fights and a lack of actual plot aside from "dey r da evils we most fite!!1". This one has some actual drama to it and a bit of ambiguity about what's actually going on.

I also love the music and art/animation style. It's so fluid and high quality. That lightning bolt bit and Mikasa getting knocked flying and rolling across the floor looked + sounded awesome.

To be fair the anime and manga are almost exactly alike. So it doesn't matter what the spoiler is for it's going to spoil both.

Deleted
    Those are actually in the minority.

And you should check out Guilty Crown if you like the OST (same composer) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d10_sLHZNhA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6cmqhG9STY
    I'm not a huge anime watcher, but I meant the ultra popular/mainstream animes. Things like Naruto, Dragonball and Bleach seem to be nonstop fighting where the bad guy gets more powerful, almost kills the hero, at which point he gains a new undiscovered power and the whole season is like 16 episodes of just a nonstop fight with flashbacks and a bit of talking to establish how evil the enemy guy is.

I like with this that there's a bit of intrigue and human struggle. While there are some "OP" characters like Mikasa, Eren (although he did the whole "lol hidden power" thing) is at least not that good at it compared to the enemy who's been using it for years before him. I like that nobody has the trump cards, and that anybody could die at any time.

I also like the mystery surrounding the world they live in - the walls, the titans, the human hybrids etc. Nothing is clear-cut.

And thanks for the link. Yeah the music is one of the best things about it. The music that kicks in as he transforms in this clip is epic:

Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-09-24 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Those are actually in the minority.

And you should check out Guilty Crown if you like the OST (same composer) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d10_sLHZNhA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6cmqhG9STY
    I would also like to suggest Kill la kill, an anime that will start airing next week. It will also have the composer as SnK, and its by ex-gainax staff(Tengen toppa gurren lengan, diebuster, Evangelion, FLCL etc..).

Wow, the Blu-Ray image quality, shading and redraws are much better than the majority of BD releases I've seen so far. I absolutely can't wait to own this.

TV vs BD Comparision

TV vs BD Comparison 2
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-09-24 at 09:37 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Wow, the Blu-Ray image quality, shading and redraws are much better than the majority of BD releases I've seen so far. I absolutely can't wait to own this.

TV vs BD Comparision

TV vs BD Comparison 2
    Error 1011

Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (images.sankakucomplex.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/cacert/gsdomainvalg2.crt).

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Error 1011

Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (images.sankakucomplex.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/cacert/gsdomainvalg2.crt).

Guess it won't work for everyone. Here's a direct link to the article, but be aware, Sankaku Complex is very NSFW.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/0...ingly-refined/