Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    I did some very loose math around this (insane right? I was bored) and the Manga has ~48 more chapters before the anime catches up assuming 1 episode of the anime per week and one manga per month.
    So thats 2 years, in that time you will end up with another 24 chapters or 1 season of the anime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    ^Pretty much this.

Its a great show, honestly a little overrated in my opinion there's better stuff out there. I think season 1 is going to end on a big cliffhanger ( Eren finding out Annie is the female giant ). Hopefully season 2 will come after a 1 year break so they can let the mangaka build enough material for another season with fast pacing.
    I think season 1 will end with Annie in the crystal and mikasa discovering the walls are titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Even if we assume it ends at chapter 70 that is still 2 years away, my worry is that they will run out of manga and the anime will be put on hiatus for a long time while it catches up.
    If it was only this I really wouldn't care while I say I'm disappointed in the overall direction the story has taken, I still love the animated scenes. I think what anyone should fear is complete disregard for the manga, and the animators just add some made up story arch and end the anime right then and there, plenty anime are guilty of that.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    So thats 2 years, in that time you will end up with another 24 chapters or 1 season of the anime.

- - - Updated - - -

I think season 1 will end with Annie in the crystal and mikasa discovering the walls are titans.
    I was thinking this too but the pacing and the fact that its only going to be 24 episodes has me thinking otherwise. Though that seems like the more logical ending for the season.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I was thinking this too but the pacing and the fact that its only going to be 24 episodes has me thinking otherwise. Though that seems like the more logical ending for the season.
    Where did you read there is only 24 episodes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Somebody mentioned it was on wikipedia. (Obviously doesn't mean it's true but hey)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Somebody mentioned it was on wikipedia. (Obviously doesn't mean it's true but hey)
    I will take it with a pinch of salt then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its gonna be 25 ep plus an Ova.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Its true the main baddie hasn't made an appearance yet but manga feels like it will probably end at 70 ch. at most doesn't feel like a long running series to me, unless it pulls a fucking Claymore.
    If they pull a Claymore it will be such a let down =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the late response, i read it on Myanimelist.com a while back. I mean its not set in stone or anything but they usually give pretty accurate reports on that kind of thing.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Its true the main baddie hasn't made an appearance yet but manga feels like it will probably end at 70 ch. at most doesn't feel like a long running series to me, unless it pulls a fucking Claymore.
    It will last more than 70 more chapters. Every chapter adds new questions. I have no idea how to add the spoiler warning thing.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worsthitmanNa View Post
    It will last more than 70 more chapters. Every chapter adds new questions. I have no idea how to add the spoiler warning thing.
    type [ spoiler]*without the space* <place spoiler here> [/spoiler]
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2013-09-04 at 04:50 PM.
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Its gonna be 25 ep plus an Ova.
    This is correct. Last episode is either an OVA or a full length movie. Either way, it's hitting Japanese theatres. So a pulling-all-the-stops for the finale of crystal and walls will probably be the end of the season.

Fine.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...anese-theaters

Deleted
    Chapter 49 is intense! Waiting another month for the conclusion makes me so frustrated though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Watch Fate/Zero if you want more Game of Thrones-esque shows.
    Good advice if you like shiny attacks and bore people to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Solid drama : Not for people with short attention spans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Maybe it wouldn't bore you if you didn't have awful taste.

I have read the manga, and all I can say without spoilers is not to get too attached to ANY character.
    indeed, like the fucking game of thrones for anime.

Iv'e caught up on the manga and up to this point they are being spot on with adapting the anime. could it take a left turn? probably, but hoping it won't. what I can say is I got a lot of first impressions off tumblr. and let me tell you, tumblr is the last place you want to get to know ANYTHING.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chapter 49 is intense! Waiting another month for the conclusion makes me so frustrated though.
    Got a link? Can't seem to find an English version

Or did you read the Japanese one?

Deleted
    Got a link? Can't seem to find an English version

Or did you read the Japanese one?
    English scans will be out in a few hours, check regularly.

Whats with that titan that ate Erens mom? There is something special about him.