Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where does it stop? Once they've made their money from cosmetics they will then start charging for other things. Last tier's gear for example.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It's definitely there players' faults that Blizzard is able to get away with milking its customers and being so greedy. I think it's insulting to have ANYTHING cost extra, even transfers, on a game with a subscription. But they'll continue to charge for that and every other thing they can come up with, while retaining the subscription, cause they know there's a ton of people who won't hesitate to throw money at them. So yes Blizzard is insultingly greedy, but it's because they can be, and they can be because the customers allow them to be.
    Look, another brain-numbingly stupid post.

Blizzard could put a million things into their pet store and they would only sell if people CHOSE to buy them. Optional content is optional. Its kind of like buying a car and you pay a bit more to get the dvd player, or the AC in the back or whatever. Does that make the car company into the devil, or the man holding you back? No, you fool, it makes them into a company which INTELLIGENTLY charges extra for providing EXTRA options. Ugh.

Does going into McDonalds and dropping $10 entitle you to everything on their menu? No, FFS, it does not. Some of you need to grow up so very, very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    This thread woukd be better served when Blizz goes pay to win. Transmogging and exp boosts are not P2W
    If they start selling legendary items, people will still argue that it's not pay to win... because you still have to actually kill the boss in PvE or beat the opponent in PvP to win.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said previously, there's virtually no limit to even cosmetic microtransactions: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ons?p=21761364
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-07-16 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    And the playerbase are sheep being led to the slaughter.

Yes its our fault, because people are willing and happy to let Blizzard bend them over a table.
    Because choosing to buy an optional, cosmetic piece of content is the same as being bent over a table, right? Could your analogy be any dumber? (hint: no)

No, it is not your fault, its a business niche that each provider of similar services/goods exploits - there will ALWAYS be people who are willing to pay for XYZ. It doesn't matter if its making mounts to unicorns, changing spell effects or simply changing the weather in your current zone to what you would like.

You can't call Blizzard greedy. Yes, Mr. Morhaime will get a bigger bonus if 10 million people buy a pet from the store, but a lot of that money also goes into the game AND gives developers/owners/employees more motivation to try and perfect the game.

So in the end, the more stuff there is for $, the better, AS LONG as it doesn't directly affect the PvP/PvE gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    People are looking too far into this lol. Blizzard is trying to make more money. That is all.
    I know, right? How on earth people get so butthurt over optional cosmetic junk which has no effect whatsoever on their gameplay is beyond my comprehension.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the playerbase are sheep being led to the slaughter.

Yes its our fault, because people are willing and happy to let Blizzard bend them over a table.
    And yes, it's our fault that Macy's keeps adding new designers and product lines, because stupid sheeple keep buying stuff from them. The only way people can stop companies from being so greedy is by not buying things they want that the companies offer.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Where does it stop? Once they've made their money from cosmetics they will then start charging for other things. Last tier's gear for example.
    Maybe. Who knows? When someone can buy an advantage that will help them to win a world/server first, or to gain PvP ranking then it will start to matter.

But until then, why assume that this is inevitable?

By all means, expressing your opinion that such a scenario is unacceptable is a good idea - it will keep Blizzard reminiscent of the fact that there is line they would be foolish to cross. But raging about the current wave of store proposals is only going to destroy your credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Conviniently ignoring the fact that you pay the same sub for eigh years despite rising salaries and inflation. Milking and greedy indeed.

Just stop subscribing if you want to put an end to that greed. I know ppl like you love that suggestion.
    I can't think of any service fee that is the same price today as it was 8 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Seriously...this is your worthy cause to bitch against a store? And not even when they are selling any advantages. You bitch about "what is next and what if...?"
    Because they know that is the only way their argument could hold a shred of water. 'but what if they start selling epix next!!!! OMG QQ WTF BLZZ PAY2WIN WOW'

Regrettably, we are not far enough along as a species to cure stupid. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    The Blizzard store has nothing but a positive impact on WoW. There is no fault involved whatsoever and, in my opinion, anyone implying so is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I'm sorry you just now discovered Blizzard is a company that in interested in making money.
    Real tired of this response. No shit businesses are interested in making money. But when that's all the business cares about, they end up not making money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Well.. Exp boost interact directly with the gameplay so.. I'm not sur this isnt P2W
    Oh great, you're going to be able to level faster. Please, tell me how that impacts everyone elses game. Do they give you a full set of PvP and PvE gear when you hit 90? No.

Look people, if you don't understand what "Pay to Win" is please for the love of the Emperor don't throw the term around. Pay to Win would be Blizzard selling gear with actual stats on the Blizzard Store. Like selling full Heroic ToT gear.

Plus, the Blizzard Store is just the new scapegoat for all the bitching players HAVE to do for some reason. It's funny that we barely have any threads on how " UUUGHGGHH FLEX RAIDING IS TEH BADDEREST AND MAKES MY BUTTHOLE CLENCH IN ANGER" ever since the Blizz Store came forth. And then all the threads about it are going to vanish when the next big thing pops up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nobody's "fault". Seriously, how many times are the mods going to let people hit this dead horse before they start closing these threads like the spam they are?

I've never purchased any cosmetic items and am totally fine with the Blizzard store.

You might as well say, "It's our fault that Jersey Shore is on tv. They wouldn't air it if people realized it was vapid, manufactured drama and quit tuning in." I'll never watch the show, but why do I care that other people have the option?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    If they start selling legendary items, people will still argue that it's not pay to win... because you still have to actually kill the boss in PvE or beat the opponent in PvP to win.
    How about we re-evaluate that statement if/when that ever happens. Until then I think it's a pretty unsubstantiated opinion

If people didn't buy the stuff it wouldn't exist. Simples...

I don't care that it exists. I've never bought anything from it and doubt I ever will but the fact that other people have makes absolutely no difference to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Real tired of this response. No shit businesses are interested in making money. But when that's all the business cares about, they end up not making money.
    Blizzard doesn't just care about making money, they know how to make money. They know enough not to listen to the forum heroes who spend 90% of their day thinking of something new to complain about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throughout WoWs timeline people have been saying things like "blizzard will never implement mounts/gear on the store"
    I never heard people say that.

Once the Blizzard store came out, I heard plenty of people say it was just cosmetic and Blizzard would never sell items that boost your character's power. And they still aren't.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Throughout WoWs timeline people have been saying things like "blizzard will never implement mounts/gear on the store"

Well its happened and happening faster and faster. They are denying people content unless they pay extra, ontop of their subscription fee. Doesnt matter if its cosmestic the whole "its just cosmetic" argument is fucking stupid to begin with.

If it doesnt matter then why do we have challenge modes, why do we have different mounts and pets, why do they put so much effort into gear sets. It does matter and its a blatent money grab.
    Did you care back in 2006 when they released the TCG with Loot Cards? You had to buy the packs for the chance at "content" (as you call it) or buy the cards on eBay or other 3rd parties. I'm not missing anything from the game by not buying the extra pets or mounts. (I've bought 2 pets from the Blizzard Store as gifts for a friend).