Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Saddest movie scenes for you [May Contain Spoilers]

Just what are the movies scenes that have made you the saddest or cry even?

First couple minutes of Up for me, I think that is a heartbreaker for most people.

Also in Titanic when it is showing everybody sliding down the deck and the water drowning people in the ship in a montage fashion sometimes gets my eyes wet.

And finally, when I was watching the midnight release of Harry Potter P2, when it showed Fred and George on the roof, I knew it would be the last time Fred would be alive most likely, so I pretty much bawled from there on (huge HP nerd so that movie affected me ;( ). Snape's memories were as bad too. That movie gets me every time I watch it still.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Marley and Me lol. I can watch any sad film in the world and just shrug it off but there's something about seeing a dog in pain/dying that really hits home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    Marley and Me lol. I can watch any sad film in the world and just shrug it off but there's something about seeing a dog in pain/dying that really hits home.
    Yea Born Free, with the lioness Elsa had me crying when i was young. Same with E.T the first time i saw it. The Last of The mohicians allso have a emotional ending. Iron Giant is allso worth a tear.
    A movie wich did nothing to me was the last of the Lord of the Ring movies - The Return of the King, it was dragged out and boring and tryed to hard. The ending in the book however, made me a very sad kid - something extremely melancholic about how the magic fades from the world and that heros and great deeds no longer has a place in the "growned up" middle earth.

Deleted
    The saddest movies I've see are:

Dare mo shiranai (Nobody Knows)

The story of 4 siblings (the eldest is ~12) left to fend for themselves after their mother one day abandons them without any notice. There are some truly heart wrenching moments when they realize that their mother is not coming home and the fact that it's based on a true story makes it even sadder.

Dear Zachary

Documentary made for a son about his father who was murdered before this birth. That part alone is already pretty sad but even more heart wrenching is the twist that occurs in the middle of filming the documentary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marly & Me, cry every time when Marly dies

10+ Year Old Account
    Where the Wild Things Are.
    The last scene, where Max is sailing back home, and Carol isn't there to say goodbye, but turns up just as he's sailing away, and they start howling to eachother..... I don't know what it is about that scene, but it makes me weep like a little girl every time

Grave of the Fireflies: the whole fucking film is tragic seriously, if you want to watch this film, hook yourself up to a fucking Saline drip, because you will need some SERIOUS rehydration by the time it's done :S
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Bridge to Terabithia
    The part where she dies really left me in tears. I really enjoyed the movie and would love to see it again, but I just can't stand looking at that scene again, not yet. Mind it being a few years ago since I saw it now:P
    "Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs."

10+ Year Old Account
    near the end of click when adam sandlers character is dying out in the rain with his family standing over him. i REALLY didnt expect that and i feel weird even listing this but i cried like a baby when i saw that scene.

also the scene in i am legend when he has to kill his dog after it gets infected.

theres more im sure but thats all i can think of right now

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Grave of the Fireflies: the whole fucking film is tragic seriously, if you want to watch this film, hook yourself up to a fucking Saline drip, because you will need some SERIOUS rehydration by the time it's done :S
    I use Grave of the Fireflies as an example of the difference between sad and depressing. I didn't cry once during the film. It doesn't really evoke that kind of response in me, but it's depressing as hell. An incredibly well-crafted film that I will never see again. Hint: in the beginning of the film you see a kid die: THAT is the happy ending! The rest of the film is in flashback.
    WoW: Founder <Saturnalia>, Norgannon
    Rift: Mev <Ascended of Corthana>, Faeblight
    Gaming articles

Forrest Gump

The scene where Forrest finally meets up with Jenny and finds out her son Forrest is actually his son and he asks Jenny if he "slow" like him.

The scene where Forrest is talking to Jenny's grave under the oak tree about their son Forrest Jr.

That damn movie gets me every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    Forrest Gump

The scene where Forrest finally meets up with Jenny and finds out her son Forrest is actually his son and he asks Jenny if he "slow" like him.

The scene where Forrest is talking to Jenny's grave under the oak tree about their son Forrest Jr.

That damn movie gets me every time.

Both of those were on my mind when I entered this thread, so copy dat.

The, about, last 10 minutes of The Help.

The mini scene in Titanic where a mother is putting her children to sleep during the sinking. Also, around 30 minutes combined throughout the whole film.

21 Grams, the scene where Naomi Watts’ character is informed about the outcome of the accident.

Braveheart, whenever the title melody comes on.

The Lion King, when Mufasa dies.

Crash, many of the ending scenes.

Doubt, Viola Davis’ heartbreaking scene.

The Deer Hunter, the russian roulette scenes + the whole 3rd part of the picture.

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, the last scene with Max von Sydow.

The Notebook, the last 20 minutes, that is, the last scenes with the lead characters as elderly.

Warrior, the scene where Nick Nolte’s character visits Joel Edgerton’s character’s house.

but the winner is, as the saddest most heartbreaking movie ----

La Vita è Bella. If you have seen it and have a heart, you will most likely understand.

All of these made me cry, and still do. I am a straight male by the way Not for misunderstandings.
    Last edited by Eorayn; 2012-05-11 at 01:10 PM.

When ET goes home and when he's "dying." I saw that movie when I was two and it gets me thirty years later. Also, the final scene in the Fox and the Hound where Tod (the fox) is looking over Copper and remembering when they were younger... I think it's the part where he says "We'll always be best friends forever, right?" that gets me.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Toy Story 3: When Andy gives away his toys.. I fucking cried man..

10+ Year Old Account
    The end of "Pan's Labyrinth" tears my soul out of my eyeballs.
    "50/50" when he drives off in the car and freaks (I didn't expect to cry during this movie at all).
    Snape's memories in "Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2"

Doesn't really count, but the season 4 ending of House M.D. H: "I don't want to go back, it hurts there...and he's going to hate me." A:"You kind of deserve it."

Project Troll Roll | Signature Requests: Open

Deleted
    A Perfect World at the end, great movie.

Shindlers list makes my cry everytime I watch it on the 4th of may. Especially the end of that movie has a deep inpact.

Bridge to Terabithia is extremely sad, made me cry

When Bambi's mom dies...

heroin bob dies from slc punk

10+ Year Old Account
    This.

/thread
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<