Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    This thread is a mess.

RIP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    And what did the parents do? Why they went on a rampage and overturned and burnt 4 police vehicles..Yeh, because that makes any sense-.-'
    Well if you can't flip tables in rage, you can always flip police cars!

On a more serious note: A sad incident indeed. Hope they learn from that ans implement more drastic toxicity level controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I so wish you would get a ban for your fucking asshole comment . I guess dead kids is funny to you .
    Whoa now, calm down. It's just a joke, I really don't think it was meant to be disrespectful.

But yeah, sad story. Really sucks that shit like this happens at all.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Deleted
    And the socio-paths are out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Scary to see what this world is coming to community wise, laughing and making jokes at so many children dying? Really?

Slowly the idea of humanity being wiped out sounds better and better.
    This forum wsa laughing and joking and saying good riddance about a girl who killed herself after she was groomed by a pedo and had pictures follow her every time she changed schools (pedophiles doing)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    I can tell you with fair confidence that the reason the joking started was because the title choice was really poor.

"21 children dead after eating lunch"

That sounds like an outlandish joke to begin with, setting up a less tragic mood in which joking is fine.

"21 children killed by insecticide in school lunch"

Would have been a much better title, much more serious and started the thread off in a very different direction.
    They ate lunch then they died. How is 21 children dead after eating lunch a set up for a joke or turning this into a joke? It's exactly what happened.

Also did you even read it?! The damn news article is titled

22 children die after eating school lunch in India
    I guess usatoday is setting up jokes now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This forum wsa laughing and joking and saying good riddance about a girl who killed herself after she was groomed by a pedo and had pictures follow her every time she changed schools (pedophiles doing)
    not just this forum, internet as a whole.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    not just this forum, internet as a whole.
    and the community here is no different than the typical "bleh"types online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    this bugs the hell out of me
    You just made me laugh about 21 dead kids.

Now I feel bad.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-07-17 at 01:47 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Scary to see what this world is coming to community wise, laughing and making jokes at so many children dying? Really?
    Oh please...
    How many children starve in Africa EVERY DAY?
    How many people out there give a damn?

Whats the difference between 21 children in India once and hundreds in Africa DAILY?
    Right: it's in the news, so everyone has to play sad panda and go "omg how horrible".

Ofc it's always sad when children die, but I really hate these self righteous people that belittle others for making a joke that might not even have been intentional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I so wish you would get a ban for your fucking asshole comment . I guess dead kids is funny to you .
    Its a bigger chance that you are getting banned from calling him *** than he would get banned for making a harmless pun.

OT: Its always tragic when people die, espc children.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    Whoa now, calm down. It's just a joke, I really don't think it was meant to be disrespectful.

But yeah, sad story. Really sucks that shit like this happens at all.
    There is no way that such a comment can not be disrespectful. I'm also surprised that it is at all allowed here. Similar types of jokes would not be allowed after say a school shooting, or say the Boston bombings.

I actually do believe that anything can be joked about, but you have to pick WHO you laugh at, and also to a degree WHEN. Take the terror attack in Norway two years ago. Allot of people thought that you "can not joke about that". I disagree. I have heard many funny jokes about Breivik. Jokes about the victims however? Seldom as funny, and certainly not on the day it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way that such a comment can not be disrespectful.
    There is one way: He is not a native English speaker and wanted to say "this bothers the hell out of me".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    There is one way: He is not a native English speaker and wanted to say "this bothers the hell out of me".
    And I guess the dozen other jokes after that where unintended too, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    I just love when people say "I expected more from humans" etc.

You're a human. You're a part of this. If you said "I expected more from humanity" or something along those lines it would be a little more fitting but when you say it it's as if you're talking down to the entire human race which is just ridiculous.
    I'm biologically a human, sure. But no, don't try to group me up with the likes of these.
    Using humanity there would have meant that I think that every single human is like... this. Which I don't. Was I looking down on the ones posting jokes? Yep. Sue me for it. I do feel annoyed when I have to get people act more... human like? Simply saying that "it was a joke!", doesn't makes it magically right, or ethical.

If the story had more to do with skittles or a black guy it might be in the news more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's sad. It certainly seems suspicious that the school administrator fled when the kids got sick, almost like he knew it was going to happen.

And it's really stupid for the parents to go on a violent riot. It's not like this is the fault of the government or the police. Just looks like one school didn't clean their food.

Protip: always wash your food before cooking it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using humanity there would have meant that I think that every single human is like... this. Which I don't. Was I looking down on the ones posting jokes? Yep. Sue me for it. I do feel annoyed when I have to get people act more... human like? Simply saying that "it was a joke!", doesn't makes it magically right, or ethical.
    It's an anonymous Internet forum that the people in question will never read. Seriously what do you expect? Condolences the affected will never see?
    It's not as if people would go up to these grieving parents and start telling jokes or disrespecting them.

Deleted
    It's an anonymous Internet forum that the people in question will never read. Seriously what do you expect? Condolences the affected will never see?
    It's not as if people would go up to these grieving parents and start telling jokes or disrespecting them.
    Is this seriously your excuse for them?
    So I can go on and make jokes about the Holocaust as long as no-one who was that time there is present?
    Yes, sorry. As I said, it was naive from me to except better. Still doesn't makes what they did right, nor do I have to feel myself bad for calling them out for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this seriously your excuse for them?
    I'm not excusing anything.

And I'm trying to tell you that it's a pointless waste of energy to get worked up about what a random anonymous dude says on the Internet.
    Maybe you're familiar with this image, maybe not:

PS: People joke about the holocaust and Mr. H all the time. Have you honestly never seen something like a person imitating his speech pattern?
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-07-17 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    I hate hearing about things like this. Prayers to the families, and hopefully the people responsible for this error will be held responsible.

Deleted
    I'm not excusing anything.

And I'm trying to tell you that it's a pointless waste of energy to get worked up about what a random anonymous dude says on the Internet.
    Maybe you're familiar with this image, maybe not:
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala
    Oh please...
    How many children starve in Africa EVERY DAY?
    How many people out there give a damn?

Whats the difference between 21 children in India once and hundreds in Africa DAILY?
    Right: it's in the news, so everyone has to play sad panda and go "omg how horrible".

Ofc it's always sad when children die, but I really hate these self righteous people that belittle others for making a joke that might not even have been intentional.
    Oookay....