Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    What the actual fuck are you on about?
    How does your responce come from reading what I wrote?

I'm not bloody forcing anyone to anything. I'm not imposing shit. But I'm glad that you feel I have so much power over you, it's flattering.

I don't want to repeat 2 entire pages of my posts, because I sincerely doubt any of it would sink in if it hasn't by now. I'm not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post

Yes, it's a shame you cannot see that Blizzard is scamming every single subscriber.
    You don't have any kind of power over anything, don't get me wrong. You do see to believe what you say it's the absolute truth however.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    What about players that have already quit? What do you think is more likely to win them back?
    Adding 3 new helms to the game for free, or asking them for an additional 3*15$?
    neither would effect it....point?

Seeing as the Q2 report is a few weeks away, something tells me that the pricing on the helmets is to pad the numbers from another bug sub loss.
    If it really is true that the chinese playerbase has gone over to play Age of Wushu, Blizzard can't use those numbers to pad their western sub numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is how the meeting went for pricing these helms:
    DM: so what do you think we should charge for these?
    PE: How about 15$ per helm?
    DM: Per each? Do you think people would buy that shit for $15?
    PE: Hell yeah, they are as stupid as mud.

the cost doesnt matter? you wont be disadvantaged in any way if you dont get one.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Here is how the meeting went for pricing these helms:
    DM: Per each? Do you think people would buy that shit for $15?
    PE: Hell yeah, they are as stupid as mud.
    If you were a mutlimillionaire do you honestly think you would give a flying flip that the helmets cost $15 ? Of course not.

I have heard many many arguments that states "All heroic raiders are highly successful people", in fact I think I read a post that someone's heroic Guild was full of Doctors and Lawyers and such, so clearly these items aren't for you LFR dirt bags, since it's been proven that casuals players are losers in real life. No! These items are meant for the Elite Heroic raiders, because they are massively wealthy and this gives them yet another avenue to show the rest of the WoW player base, that they are truly better human being than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    If you were a mutlimillionaire do you honestly think you would give a flying flip that the helmets cost $15 ? Of course not.

I have heard many many arguments that states "All heroic raiders are highly successful people", in fact I think I read a post that someone's heroic Guild was full of Doctors and Lawyers and such, so clearly these items aren't for you LFR dirt bags, since it's been proven that casuals players are losers in real life. No! These items are meant for the Elite Heroic raiders, because they are massively wealthy and this gives them yet another avenue to show the rest of the WoW player base, that they are truly better human being than them.
    You sound pretty mad at heroic raiders. This is telling.

Nobody in my heroic raiding guild has purchased a single one of these helms as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    They're out already? o.O

Also £10 is a bit higher than I was hoping for a helmet. £4-5 would have been my maximum.
    They were in the game files for a very very long time. Most of us thought they would be the legendary item in 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post

hahahaah what???? casual players whit real life are losers and people who play 18 hours a day to raid heroic are wealthy? Ok bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Blizzard has successfully copied the marketing paradigm of WoW private servers that sell gear for $$. Good marketing strategy, there will be tens of thousands of fanbois who will rush to spend their money.
    well, if you're losing subscribers you gotta make up for it somehow, don't you...

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    hahahaah what???? casual players whit real life are losers and people who play 18 hours a day to raid heroic are wealthy? Ok bro.
    i think you missed the irony in his post.

10+ Year Old Account
    In their dreams, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Well, the rather steady and increasing loss of subscriptions is an indicator. While people will state various reasons for quitting the game, things like this weigh on people's decision to stop playing, and also weigh on people's decision to resubscribe when new content is available. "I'm not going to resubscribe, look at the direction the game has gone, $15 transmog helms in the blizz store" for example.

The business model WoW has relies on keeping people subscribed, but also relies on casual players who unsubscribe when content is unavailable, to resubscribe when it is. This direction pushes the latter away and chips away at the former with only a front-loaded cash grab to show for it.
    This isn't weighing heavily on hardly anyone's mind, per se. What's weighing heavily is this slippery slope nonsense. Hardly anyone cares one way or the other about a hat with no stats on it. The game is positively bulging with hats, many of which look very similar to these and have visual effects of their own. Half the playerbase turns their helm graphics off, for pete's sake. What they're whipped into a frenzy about is the idea that a hat with no stats on it means that a hat with stats on it is inevitably forthcoming. There is no logic to this. A transmog-only hat is a cosmetic item which in no way falls outside the bounds of what they originally stated would be sold in the store. I would understand the dilemma if we were actually talking about things like buffs and tier sets and legendaries and DLC raids, but we are not talking about those things. We are talking about three hat models, which are exactly as unique as the thousand other hats in the game.

And this, what this is, is not a cash grab. Blizzard is incapable of taking the money of people who don't want to give it to them. One does not need to fill one's gas tank with goofy hats, or eat them to survive, or nail them together to keep the rain off. They are the very definition of non-essential. Blizzard could charge a thousand bucks for each of them and it wouldn't be any more a cash grab than forking over seventy cents to a gas station for a pack of gum would be.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    neither would effect it....point?
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Neither.
    "Those new items look really cool, maybe I should give the game another try and see what else is new"
    "Even more microtransactions in a sub game... yeah totally coming back for that".

Yes, absolutely impossible that something like that happens and this thread proofs that people are completely indifferent about the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I would give 1$ for that helm, not more. They want 1 month worth time for 1 shitty helm? That greed...
    You pay a sub fee for developers to develop content including armor mounts pets etc.
    Putting them in a cash shop should lower sub fees IMO but hey greed is greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    What's weighing heavily is this slippery slope nonsense.
    Here's the crux: We see the slope, but we disagree that there's evidence to suggest it's slippery.

The dangers of the slope are understood and not deemed active. Yet. When they are, we'll worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah gurl, pad dem quarterly reports to make up for your sub loss. Guess we know now why the next tier looks mostly bland as hell.

Moderator note: Please don't post memes [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-17 at 09:21 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

It's true Bro, don't you read the forums ? Check out some of the Blue responses to those remarks!

Nobody in my heroic raiding guild has purchased a single one of these helms as of yet.
    How can I be mad at them ? I'm technically a part of them ? Though, maybe, just maybe..I'm poking fun at certain people. But don't tell them that!
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-07-17 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought mine. This is so awesome. Thanks Blizzard.

2 people in my guild that I know of are buying these helms or maybe even bought them. I don't know if you can yet.
    We are a heroic raiding guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Here's the crux: We see the slope, but we disagree that there's evidence to suggest it's slippery.

The dangers of the slope are understood and not deemed active. Yet. When they are, we'll worry.
    You see a slope. I see a featureless salt flat stretching to the horizon in every direction. Now, if a fissure somehow opens up and we all tumble in, as horrifically improbable as that may be, I'll be the first to decry it, and it will not be because I think they're charging too much. But we have assurances to the contrary and this... ridiculous crapstorm to suggest they wouldn't try putting actual pay-to-win items in the store if there were guns to the heads of all their firstborn children.

The game proper has more items in it - good-looking items - than I could ever hope to acquire, rewards for things which I have little intention of ever doing. These hats are a fad. They'll be going the way of the Celestial Steed in a month's time. Forgive me for not thinking the world was about to come to an end.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2013-07-17 at 09:04 PM.