Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    15 bucks? What the hell is blizzard smoking. You can buy a whole wardrobe set in rift for only a few dollars and that is a free game. And blizzard think its ok to charge 15 fucking dollars for just a helm. What the fuck blizzard. 15 bucks for all 3? Maybe that's ok but 10 bucks for all 3 sounds more like it.

This is the first blizz store item i will not buy because they are a fucking rip off. I can buy my player in rift like 10 wardrobe sets for the price of one helm AND they are bind to account so all my alts also get the full sets.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    15 bucks? What the hell is blizzard smoking. You can buy a whole wardrobe set in rift for only a few dollars and that is a free game. And blizzard think its ok to charge 15 fucking dollars for just a helm. What the fuck blizzard. 15 bucks for all 3? Maybe that's ok but 10 bucks for all 3 sounds more like it.

This is the first blizz store item i will not buy because they are a fucking rip off. I can buy my player in rift like 10 wardrobe sets for the price of one helm AND they are bind to account so all my alts also get the full sets.
    i'm sure a simple "these are too expensive for me - i will not buy them" would have sufficed. no need to have a bitch fit because they are out of your price range.

Its ok because so many will buy it.

It's 15 for each.

To all the people in this thread that are complaining about blizzards "greed" I'd like to just point out one thing.

I remember paying 60-75$ dollars for games in 1993, 20 years ago..... and my dad paying 65+$ for a game 10 years before that.....

So I would say blizzard is being rather generous to have not risen the price of their game for almost a decade.

Considering their employees wages and overhead costs have no doubt gone up significantly in the last 10 years, they should be raising the rates sky high like everything else.

They've jacked the price on things like water and electricity and food, you know actual things you need to survive astronomically in relation to inflation, but no one seems to care....

name one other form of entertainment involving digital media that has actually gone down in price.

Complaining about this is like complaining about the price directTV charges for sports packages.... when you never have any intent of buying one and no interest in sports.

I wish people were this passionate about shit that actually mattered.... it would be amazing what we could get done as a society, but that would require people putting their phones down for two seconds to acknowledge the world exists outside of their little bubble of an existence.

Yall got white people problems, and blizzard has a right to sell anything they want, just like you have a choice to not buy it.
    Last edited by cferrill1; 2013-07-17 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me end this thread by saying, if you can't afford it don't buy it. The next person who posts after this is a whiny little bitch.

Infracted: Please do not make /thread posts. No need to insult anyone either [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-17 at 10:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cferrill1 View Post
    Yall got white people problems
    what exactly does this mean? we have sunburn problems? that's a problem white people have

To all the people in this thread that are complaining about blizzards "greed" I'd like to just point out one thing.

I remember paying 60-75$ dollars for games in 1993, 20 years ago..... and my dad paying 65+$ for a game 10 years before that.....

So I would say blizzard is being rather generous to have not risen the price of their game for almost a decade.

Considering their employees wages and overhead costs have no doubt gone up significantly in the last 10 years, they should be raising the rates sky high like everything else.

They've jacked the price on things like water and electricity and food, you know actual things you need to survive astronomically in relation to inflation, but no one seems to care....

name one other form of entertainment involving digital media that has actually gone down in price.

Complaining about this is like complaining about the price directTV charges for sports packages.... when you never have any intent of buying one and no interest in sports.

I wish people were this passionate about shit that actually mattered.... it would be amazing what we could get done as a society, but that would require people putting their phones down for two seconds to acknowledge the world exists outside of their little bubble of an existence.

Yall got white people problems, and blizzard has a right to sell anything they want, just like you have a choice to not buy it.
    True, but if they raised the sub fee to 20-25 bucks they would lose most of their subs = even less profit

back then gaming wasn't much popular and it took far more effort in to coding games than nowadays. Also not everyone could afford a computer too, meaning less players, and that resulted in higher prices.

First they charge 20$ for the mount people have been asking for since TBC and now Tmog helms costing 15$ each that is the same cost as 1 month sub here in the US.

Sorry but that is fucken greedy

- - - Updated - - -

--snip--
    No one gives a shit what the cost was 20 years ago compared to now and this has nothing to do with blizzard anyway.

15$ for a tmog helm is equal to 1 month sub that is greedy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by False View Post
    Let me end this thread by saying, if you can't afford it don't buy it. The next person who posts after this is a whiny little bitch.
    You'r whining about people whinging so by your logic wouldn't you be one as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

What a bloody rip off, i could buy 2-3 games during the steam sale as I could for one of those helms, Hell I could get Farcry 3 on amazon.co.uk at the same price as these helms.

15+ Year Old Account
    With this price they are trying to offset the amount of money they will lose on people cancelling their subs over this (at least 1 month for me) and they will of course succeed.
    Ridiculous price but of course by implementing shitty tier models with a lot of people complaining and THEN implementing these graphical helmets we could've already know they were gonna be priced disgustingly high, money money money only these days. Robert Kotick is very proud atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    back then gaming wasn't much popular and it took far more effort in to coding games than nowadays. Also not everyone could afford a computer too, meaning less players, and that resulted in higher prices.
    You must remember a different 1993 than I did. Who was president? H Ross Perot?

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    With this price they are trying to offset the amount of money they will lose on people cancelling their subs over this (at least 1 month for me) and they will of course succeed.
    Ridiculous price but of course by implementing shitty tier models with a lot of people complaining and THEN implementing these graphical helmets we could've already know they were gonna be priced disgustingly high, money money money only these days. Robert Kotick is very proud atm.
    Not to start it but kinda why I think this is part of the ground work to go f2p.

if blizzard knows they can sell items for $15+ in the store and keep it at a good flow "the same as there subs" then they could go f2p and a mass amount of people would start playing and paying that $15+ in the store.

Or they are doing what I said they been doing all along Double Dipping and I am not a fan of DD.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...ales_standings

15 million copies of sonic the hedgehog shifted back then. Would hardly call it unpopular.

Quote Originally Posted by False View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    what exactly does this mean? we have sunburn problems? that's a problem white people have
    yup, sure sounds like a whiny little bitch to me you grumpy guss

Moderator note: Please let's get back on topic and stop with the personal comments [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-17 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...ales_standings

15 million copies of sonic the hedgehog shifted back then. Would hardly call it unpopular.
    Aye. Of all years, it had to be one right in the middle of the great Console War between the SNES and the Genesis, the Golden Age of Video Gaming, where every kid worth his salt ran home after school, every day, to play some of the greatest games ever forged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly for once, I have to kinda agree. But then again, I guess it comes down to what is worth for each of us. I feel that mounts and pets are worth their current price, but that a transmog for a single slot isn't worth 5€, much less 12. If it was an entire armor set for 12, I'd be alright with it. Heck, I feel that a full set would even be worth as much as a mount. But a single slot, nah. Then again, I'm not forced to buy it, so whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by shudder View Post
    i'll be removing people from my raid if i see them with these helmets. I'll also /spit on anyone i see with it.

"lfd and lfr totally killed the community blizz!!!!"

I'm gonna go ahead and guess you weren't alive in the 80s.

First off, gaming was just as popular then as it is now, in fact it was probably more popular in the fact the arcades were everywhere and now you are hard pressed to find one anywhere.

Just because people were consuming games via a different delivery method doesn't mean they weren't playing/spending money on games.

Just watch any kids 80s movies and there's always an arcade, they made whole movie plots around people playing arcade games/video games..... Hell the movie "War Games" was Matthew Broderick's breakout role.....

Secondly yes coding games was more complex.... as there were no APIs or specialized graphics but games in general weren't as complex overall, so that's a wash.

A single person could code a game and be successful then, just like notch did it today with minecraft, again it's a wash.

Thirdly the higher prices in the late 80s early 90s were due to the great video game crash of 83'.

The crash happened because of an abundance of companies trying to jump into the industry to make a quick buck releasing lackluster titles loaded with bugs....
    so consumers lost confidence
    sound familiar....? *cough* mobile market/xbox *cough*

Companies like nintendo rose from the ashes of the crash by putting licensing fees on their system and their stamp of quality to assure there wasn't a flood of shitty clone games mucking up their system confusing consumers.

So this resulted in higher prices for that generation of games because companies had to charge more to pay for the right to use the systems. The companies were the ones assuming all the risk as nintendo got paid reguardless and if they were going to go through the trouble to do that then they had better be making a quality game that would sell and not be a steaming pile.

This did wonders for weeding out bad games, and allowed systems like the SNES to build arguably the best library of games ever created.

Honestly I think we are close to another industry crash, because of all the reasons stated above and companies like blizzard/nintendo are the ones that will survive it by releasing quality content and finding new ways to profit from their content.

You are paying for content not the game, and blizzard never made an agreement on what content you would receive only that you would receive it on a regular bases like everyone else, we never agreed upon the specifics of what the content would be.

Look on the bright side, with these optional items you can vote with your money what you would like to see more of in the game.
    Think of it as a more accurate polling because people actually have something invested and put their money where their mouth is.

Instead of them listening to the complaints of a cynical kid trolling the forums complaining about a game they probably don't even play anymore, just because it's cool to hate on what's current/fashionable.
    Last edited by cferrill1; 2013-07-17 at 10:06 PM.