Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Texas Police Officer Knocks Teeth Out of Female Pedestrian

When the woman insisted she had done nothing wrong Palermo slammed her against the Prius; then onto the concrete driveway near his patrol car.

Palermo arrested the woman for obstruction. After his supervisors reviewed his report and talked to the pedestrian she was released.

Upon further investigation supervisors found the woman had lost two teeth and suffered a concussion during the illegal arrest.
    source

So apparently, simply walking past a police officer in America can get you slammed against the concrete. Oddly, I don't think the charges have even been dropped yet, even while this guy sits in jail. Thoughts?

Deleted
    To be honest, she should probably be grateful it was just two teeth and a concussion, and not a bullet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad he got arrested
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    More terrible people doing terrible things. Sad.

Cops are people too, and sometimes people do bad things. Lucky, that officer was apprehended and will be going to jail. He's not above the law, and this demonstrates that the greater legal system (other members of the police force included) aren't willing to tolerate behavior like this.

And what makes you say "I don't think the charges have been dropped yet"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sialanne View Post
    Cops are people too, and sometimes people do bad things. Lucky, that officer was apprehended and will be going to jail. He's not above the law, and this demonstrates that the greater legal system (other members of the police force included) aren't willing to tolerate behavior like this.

Charges against Alpha have not been dropped, according to Hays County court records, and she is scheduled to be arraigned before County Court at Law Judge Robert Updegrove on Aug. 2.
    source

This.

Deleted
    One can only hope that they actually convict him instead of just giving a slap on the wrist like in many other cases.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Glad to hear she is going to be okay and that he is in jail, but jeez, I wonder what comes over people to do this. Maybe he didn't get enough sleep before the night shift? I can understand that, but did he think she had a gun or was going to attack him from behind? Very weird.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by You can call me V View Post
    source

This.
    Well, I can't imagine she'd actually be found guilty of anything. The judge will probably toss the charges. I mean, even the police commander said she didn't do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Wow. Glad to hear she is going to be okay and that he is in jail, but jeez, I wonder what comes over people to do this. Maybe he didn't get enough sleep before the night shift? I can understand that, but did he think she had a gun or was going to attack him from behind? Very weird.
    I think there are 2 reasons. One, you have people coming back from their 3rd or 4th tours overseas in the military and they become cops. I'm not sure what kind of mental evaluation they receive, but with the amount of ex military in our police force, I don't think there's much of a system in place to evaluate PTSD.

Second, things like this: source. A lot of these cops, based on numerous articles like this, are apparently on steroids.

source

This.
    I see.

Well, she'll have a hell of a defense.

Why do cops think they are above the law and that they are always right?

You enforce the law FOOLS

You also don't need to slam her against a car and then on the concrete driveway to arrest her.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

So other officers came and enforced the law upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

You also don't need to slam her against a car and then on the concrete driveway to arrest her.
    Right, if this guy couldn't subdue a teenager girl without slamming her head off the concrete, he's obviously incapable of doing his job to begin with.

Deleted

Cops are in a position of power and authority, that means they should be more than people. They should be above behavior like this.

I boggle at how people this abusive ever get to become cops.

This guy even looks unsympathetic.

Atleast they arrested him for it, that's good. I hope he loses his job, forever.

So other officers came and enforced the law upon him.
    Which is hilarious that they do that in texas and not NYC.

10+ Year Old Account
    source

So apparently, simply walking past a police officer in America can get you slammed against the concrete. Oddly, I don't think the charges have even been dropped yet, even while this guy sits in jail. Thoughts?
    Ummm, the woman was released and the police officer is being charged with aggravated assault by a public servant. Why is this even an issue. Sounds like the system worked.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Ummm, the woman was released and the police officer is being charged with aggravated assault by a public servant. Why is this even an issue. Sounds like the system worked.
    Because apparently, she's still being charged and he has yet to see his court date.

10+ Year Old Account
    source

This.
    It'll be thrown out of court, and she'll likely sue the police department and win damages, including her dental fees and pain and suffering.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I think there are 2 reasons. One, you have people coming back from their 3rd or 4th tours overseas in the military and they become cops. I'm not sure what kind of mental evaluation they receive, but with the amount of ex military in our police force, I don't think there's much of a system in place to evaluate PTSD.

Second, things like this: source. A lot of these cops, based on numerous articles like this, are apparently on steroids.
    If you are a veteran applying to be a police officer you have to release your "long form" DD214 (discharge papers) which will annotate mental instability or illness related to military service.

Once they see PTSD on there, you would be ineligible.

Although, I can see your faintly veiled attack on veterans. Were not all crazed bloody killers ya know. A couple of us are fairly sane.