Thread: Healers WTF?!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Healers WTF?!

So I've been doing some 2v2 arenas with my friend lately... 1,800 atm...
    Everything going nice an clean

But then...
    BAAANG!
    a healer shows up in the opposite team!

We did everything, cc'd the dps for 80% of the time, simultaneous burst... The freakin Broccoli / penance cannon, won't die!
    What's more funnier is that their mana pools ain't dropin down. As if those heals were free...

I agree that the game isn't balanced around 1v1... And that a dps shouldn't be able to kill a stand alone healer...
    But not being able to touch him when transformed into two red fuckin hulks of destruction? EVEN when he's back paddling into the wall for 3 seconds?!

What am I missing?

sidenote: from all 20 matches I had against dps/heal comp I won only 3 ;/
    Last edited by mmocde15ca192d; 2013-07-19 at 07:47 AM.

Deleted
    Is this healers in general or are you talking more about Discipline Priests? I'd assume the second one since I haven't seen any other healer beside a Discipline Priest above 1.8k in weeks. Priests can't be compared to any other healer at the moment in PvP, they're pure tanks, just going to have to wait it out and keep an eye on the PTR to see if anything changes for the better.

As for tips on how to beat a healer team; healer comps in 2's always will have the upper hands over double DPSers, so it's hard to beat them unless you're playing a healer comp yourself. Beat fire with fire.

Side note: You probably already know this, but 2's isn't and will never be balanced!

Deleted
    Disc mana regen is getting a huge nerf next patch. Spirit shell aswell. Unless they revert it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocopop View Post
    As for tips on how to beat a healer team; healer comps in 2's always will have the upper hands over double DPSers, so it's hard to beat them unless you're playing a healer comp yourself. Beat fire with fire.
    Hmm, they could try to CC the healer instead of the DPS and then burst down the DPS, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    So I've been doing some 2v2 arenas with my friend lately

[...]

I agree that the game isn't balanced around 1v1
    It's not balanced around 2v2 either, if I recall it correctly it was 3v3. This means you basically can't expect 2v2 to provide a solid gameplay experience to begin with. On the other hand, yes healers and especially disc priests are quite out of control in PvP, and seeing as this went on for so many years now I seriously doubt it will ever change for WoW, so this probably means you either deal with it or leave the stage.

Deleted
    And there we go again, another clueless post.

What do you want us to say to 'BAM HEALER SHOWS UP WE LOSE' ?
    No healers are not OP.
    I dont mind helping you if you would give me any info and be a bit more mature about it....
    so

-what class spec are you and your teammate ?
    -what comps are easy for you and which are hard ?
    -if its not working vs healers, then what target are you going for ? are you forcing their
    cds before you use yours ? are you lining up chains ? are you guys communicating ? etc etc etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Hmm, they could try to CC the healer instead of the DPS and then burst down the DPS, maybe?
    Bursting ain't so funny when most of us can just simply reset the fight

[ON TOPIC:]
    Any other clues how the hell cope with this crap ;/?

Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    And there we go again, another clueless post.
    Not clueless... Rather true all over the board

Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    -what class spec are you and your teammate ?
    -what comps are easy for you and which are hard ?
    -if its not working vs healers, then what target are you going for ? are you forcing their
    cds before you use yours ? are you lining up chains ? are you guys communicating ?
    -Arms Warrior / BM Hunter...
    -Anything that isn't dps/heal goes down pretty easy most of the time.

-When it comes to targeting it really depends on the spec, gear and how the targets are positioning themselves.
    -If the healer's gear is weak... We usually target him straight away to give them no time to think. (This works really well since most of the players are getting really confused at this point) (zoo, burst Schizophrenia) also the other one is cc'd via traps, shouts, and stuns.
    -If both of them are nicely geared... We usually wait till they waste all of their CDs while keeping the pressure to later instant burst main target and cc the other.
    -If somehow the targets have around 70% of their hp we try sometime to split the dps among them.
    -It really depends (the cc chain is not an issue as we trained all of that
    Last edited by mmocde15ca192d; 2013-07-19 at 08:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocopop View Post
    Priests can't be compared to any other healer at the moment in PvP, they're pure tanks, just going to have to wait it out and keep an eye on the PTR to see if anything changes for the better.
    Yes priests are strong atm, but I dont consider them OP.
    Just CC them, get trinket and PS, switch on him with a stun and dead.

Deleted
    When you write stupid stuff like this without even mentioning what comp are you running, how do you expect to get any help? Or do you want this to be a qq thread?

Try bursting down a lock just to see how he resets the fight with his auras... Did I mention the portal xD?
    There is no reseting the fight as a lock, portal is a means of los and gateway is getting nerfed next patch while being buged as hell allready. What is that he restarts the fight? Pops all his 2min healing CDs? Sacrafices 25% of his or his pet hp? Uses UR defensively?

There is a reason why lock is the best train target but the worst swap target.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-07-19 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    When you write stupid stuff like this without even mentioning what comp are you running, how do you expect to get any help? Or do you want this to be a qq thread?
    I've mentioned at the very first post what comp are we running... spec ain't that hard to come up with as it's almost the same for everyone...

I'm not really interested in "what happens in next patch"
    It's 5.3 and I have to cope with it atm...

And yeah... this is a pretty funny mixture of QQ/help Thread :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    -Arms Warrior / BM Hunter...

-When it comes to targeting it really depends on the spec, gear and how the targets are positioning themselves.
    -If the healer's gear is weak... We usually target him straight away to give them no time to think. (This works really well since most of the players are getting really confused at this point) (zoo, burst Schizophrenia) also the other one is cc'd via traps, shouts, and stuns.
    -If both of them are nicely geared... We usually wait till they waste all of their CDs while keeping the pressure to later instant burst main target and cc the other.
    -If somehow the targets have around 70% of their hp we try sometime to split the dps among them.
    -It really depends (the cc chain is not an issue as we trained al
    Well if your burst/cc chains/targetting/awareness is all perfect then I guess we are done talking.
    However, since you cant beat a simple healer comp at 1.8mmr while playing a strong setup and start a post 'Healers WTF?'
    then I would say you have to realise your mistakes first before we can help.

Im not trying to offend you, but if you tell us that you are doing everythng right than
    all we can do is guess which part you are failing at, because if you cant beat 1.8 healer comps
    thn how is everyone else beating 2k, 2.2k, 2.4k healer comps?

Soooo
    Ill take a wild guess here and say that maybe the problem is the forcing
    enemy cds and timing your burst. A simple example would be open on the dps,
    you pop your first round of burst with bestial+rapid, scatter trap healer into a fear
    (those 18 sec off cc should force a trinket, especially if you popped your first burst)
    Then just switch to the healer, readiness + full burst + scatTrap the dps + stun into silence on the healer.
    Should be an easy kill on that rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    cc healer so the huntard can 1 shot the dps

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a disc priest. Yeah, I'm hard to kill. You know what gets me? The same advice that you're conveniently ignoring and brushing aside.

A reliable, coordinated CC chain will shut down a healer and leave them helplessly watching while you kill their partner.

Scatter/trap cooldown seems ridiculously low when you're in the heat of an arena match. CC the healer and burst their partner until you force the healer to use their trinket. Then lock them up in a CC chain and force them to watch from the CC while you burst their partner again and kill them.

You failed to say what class you and your teammate are. Based on the "red hulks of destruction" comment I'm guessing one of you is a hunter if not both. Hunters are insane in 2s right now. Actually attempt to coordinate CCs with your partner. One of the most unpleasant comps I've ran into was hunter/resto druid. Between scatter/traps, silencing shot and cyclones all chained back to back, I never stood a chance.

thats weird cause i do ww and disc 2s and my priest ooms like 2 min into the game no matter what, maybe we are doing something wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    healers in 2s is basically cheating :P
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Disc mana regen is getting a huge nerf next patch. Spirit shell aswell. Unless they revert it.
    You mean buff? Discs dont have that much spirit in pvp so the rapture change is actually a regen buff for us. That and the FDCL buffs means more instant free stuff which also helps the mana. Disc is getting buff after buff for 5.4 and I can't fathom why.

OT: Yea disc is nuts right now. They are cc chainable fairly easily but if they get 1 seconds to cast between cc GL killing anything.

How do you think I went 78/13 with a MW on my warrior and we went up against nothing but feral/priest hunter/priest and ret/hunter. It's the main thing, CC, if you're running arms warrior bm hunter than you have a load of CC, just from you. Silence shot, into a scatter, into a shockwave, into a trap, into a pet stun, than probably dispel the fear ward if it's a priest so your warrior can fear. So yeah, just learn to line up CC and that's how you beat any dps/healer.

cc healer burst dps, pretty basic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms warrior/ BM hunt should be capable of forcing some major CDs if you go on the DPS instead of the healer. Or if you never let the disc cast at all by using all CC on him instead.

I mean, you have multiple ways of keeping someone from casting. If specced right you as a warrior have 2x legit interrupts + shockwave and the hunter also has 2x interrupts with readiness.

What I want is for 2v2 to be recognized as a legit bracket like 3v3 and 5v5 and toss in 1v1 arenas and make them like 2's currently. Areans to me is not a team effort. Its toss 2 people in and a fight to the death. Dont give me brawlers guild either. Thats PvE. I want 1v1 PvP. Every movie/cartoon and even other video games (Fable (somewhat of a bad example)) depicts arenas as 1v1.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel