Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    A joke? A JOKE?! No, you are a joke.

There are people with ilvl 545+ and many hundreds of attempts, and those are very skilled players that would rofl at me if I even tried to apply to their guilds.
    Not exactly sure what you are getting at but yes the boss gets considerably easier with more gear. The cloak alone and the way higher stamina levels you have when comparing 525 with 545 make the transition phases so much more forgiving.
    Personally I still probably wouldn't extent the very first week unless maybe there is still a close realm first up for grabs as ranking really shouldn't matter all too much by now although even there I am not really sure given that 544 really is more than enough and significant upgrades aren't really guaranteed anymore once you are relatively high already.

Not extending worked fairly well for us. Extending leads to burnout, less preparation for the next tier, and despite what people would claim, gear does actually help on Lei Shen. Pushing P1 without Bloodlust is a nice reason to have gear, for instance. One day relaxing, having fun, and gearing up further seems to be more important than 20-30 more attempts on Lei Shen. We stayed well below the average number of attempts with this approach. In the 130s I believe. We killed Lei Shen in the exact same amount of weeks as a competing guild that was extending. They were left with less gear and more burnout.
    Last edited by Frogged; 2013-07-21 at 02:55 AM.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Quote Originally Posted by Tesuque View Post
    I had a friend whose guild extended for three weeks, and let's just say - after 9 days of raiding the same wipe over and over, they were quite burnt.
    my guild extended and only did lei shen for 3 weeks, and that was enough for us to kill, now we can farm all 13 bosses for gear, at ilvl 544 there is just no need to farm gear, it's all about FOCUS you need to keep focused for those nights, those transitions are boring but so so so deadly and mastering those will take longer than it seems and when you're raiding a lot of hours on it, you will find some ppl lose focus and it'll cost you so many stupid wipes and it can lower moral and cause a snowball effect on peoples focus. just know gear is quite irrelevant and dps to some point it's just a test of being in the right place at the right time focus on that and not your dps and lei shen is pretty simple after a few weeks of practise.

Why are you going full Haste in Assassination?

Deleted
    when we downed animus for the first time and went lei shen, we extended the lock out too push lei shen.
    we managed to do it in the extended week. though there is no point in doing that if you can't survive the first phase transition at all.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Any source to back that up? I feel we'll be running SoO by 20th August at the LATEST. There's not much testing left to do, nowhere near close to more than another month.
    Well, they haven't test all of the LFR stuff, Flex raiding, 10m Heroic, 25m normal and 25m Heroic fights yet. Also still need a class numbers tweek patch. And Timeless Isle stuff just came out, soo still need to do testing on that stuff. Plus a few other tests.

Also if it were to be out by the 20th of next month, they would have to give us a warning for the ending of this pvp season tonite. So it won't be on the 20th. I doubt it will be ready in August. My guess is either 9/17 or 9/24.

At 544 ilvl just keep extending. If you cannot do the mechanics then gear wont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    A joke? A JOKE?! No, you are a joke.

There are people with ilvl 545+ and many hundreds of attempts, and those are very skilled players that would rofl at me if I even tried to apply to their guilds.
    I'm afraid Jainzar is correct.
    If you need 'many hundreds of attempts' with an ilvl 545+ you are far from being skilled.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    I'm afraid Jainzar is correct.
    If you need 'many hundreds of attempts' with an ilvl 545+ you are far from being skilled.
    You do realize that most of the stuff that wipes people has little to do with ilvl, right? Doing more damage doesn't matter at all during transitions. Slightly more hitpoints still won't prevent death from static shock. Chaining adds will still kill people. You still need deathknights to deal with lightning balls and they can still murder people easily.

Sure, gear helps a lot in phase 3, but getting there is the main problem. And transition phases last the same time regardless of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Well, they haven't test all of the LFR stuff, Flex raiding, 10m Heroic, 25m normal and 25m Heroic fights yet. Also still need a class numbers tweek patch. And Timeless Isle stuff just came out, soo still need to do testing on that stuff. Plus a few other tests.

Also if it were to be out by the 20th of next month, they would have to give us a warning for the ending of this pvp season tonite. So it won't be on the 20th. I doubt it will be ready in August. My guess is either 9/17 or 9/24.
    End of season warnings are given 2 weeks in advance, not 4. That means end of season can be announced 2 weeks from now, but being guesses anyone could be right, just thought they published something.

ilevel is barely something you need to keep track of. If people are retarded and unable to move/spread/react in the transitions you are going to wipe regardless how well geared you are.
    As some people already mentioned it, Lei Shen is 100% execution based and it can take a long time before you can actually kill him if your raiders can not comprehend to click on a god forsaken lock portal at the 200th attempt. I would not recommend extending the first week, but you should see how far you are getting in the Lei Fight. If you are progressing and you feel you can push it then extend. But I warn you: reaching P3 does not automaticly means that " we can kill him in any second now". It is the most crucial point of the encounter itself. Anyway, gl with him.

Deleted
    With that average of itemlevel of your raidgroup there's no point really in clearing the whole place up again since it's not going to be gear that would hold you back. In my opinion you should just extend it until you can kill it. The fight is all about learning the phases and executing mechanics. What i checked your realms progress, there's one 25man that has already killed it on hc, so there is no real race towards 2nd 25man kill since the 3rd guild is still at 9/13. But keep extending it and go get the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You do realize that most of the stuff that wipes people has little to do with ilvl, right? Doing more damage doesn't matter at all during transitions. Slightly more hitpoints still won't prevent death from static shock. Chaining adds will still kill people. You still need deathknights to deal with lightning balls and they can still murder people easily.

Sure, gear helps a lot in phase 3, but getting there is the main problem. And transition phases last the same time regardless of gear.
    You're missing the point. DPS and healing issues/walls become nonexistent once you hit a certain level of gear for any given fight. At that point, most fights are solely a test of execution, or in other words, a test of skill.

At 545 ilvl, 25 Heroic Lei Shen is a test of 2 things:
    1. having two death knights
    2. skill
    and I'd imagine even higher item levels and clever cool down usage can even remove the necessity of death knights, again bringing the fight down to a pure test of skill.
    Last edited by wombats23; 2013-07-21 at 10:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Any source to back that up? I feel we'll be running SoO by 20th August at the LATEST. There's not much testing left to do, nowhere near close to more than another month.
    Flex mode? Heroic mode? 25 man mode? I think we've got a lot to test till patch comes out really :P

OT: I would say your ilvl is quite high. It's just a matter of skill now, I don't think clearing whole instance again is worth it.

@OP: I would say no to extending unless you are reaching phase 3 fairly consistent. It's true that at your ilvl gear doesn't matter (actually gear hasn't mattered for guilds reaching Lei Shen since 5.3), but extending means you will repeatedly wipe over and over for a while with no rest / relax with farm bosses in between. Not many raiders can be sane after that, especially one in not too hardcore guilds like yours (assuming so as you only reached Lei Shen recently).
    You should work on speeding up your clearing however, taking 2 days to clear to Lei Shen at 544 ilvl average is slow, should only take 3-4hours.

Don't extend unless your close or its a short week for some holiday. Farm night is not just about getting loot. Going at the same brick wall for hundreds of attempts in a row is awful. There is a reason the truly hardcore guilds have such high turnover rate. It is miserable. Do yourself a favor and don't extend.

All you guys saying "Lawwwl I killed it 3 months ago its super easy with Ilvl now" should quit posting. Clearly a guild who just got to lei shen now is not on the same level as a guild who killed it months ago. Its still going to be insanely hard.

We killed him 2 or 3 weeks ago

Keep reclearing to max your ilvl

If you have the DPS to push P1 without having to use heroism, especially with 6 healers in 25 man, you have more than enough DPS/gear to down the fight. If you have to 5 heal and/or have to use heroism to consistently push P1, then more gear will make the fight somewhat easier (but it is certainly more than possible to kill it with either 5 healers or heroism used on the pull).

If you meet that threshold, you're not really gaining anything that makes the fight easier from a gear perspective by reclearing. You just have to decide what is best for the focus and morale of your raid. You should still expect the fight to take 150 to 250 attempts, and 5.4 to be as little as a month away (but possibly as much as 2 months) , so map your decision around that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearly every guild seems to be getting up to heroic lei shen thanks to item upgrades. Alot of them are actually killing it so I'd say you have a good chance of killing it. I recommend disabling Static Shock first so you can always soak it, and then disabling diffusing chain. You can have two warriors Mass Spell Reflect every single diffusion chain.

Quote Originally Posted by HatredAUS View Post
    Nearly every guild seems to be getting up to heroic lei shen thanks to item upgrades. Alot of them are actually killing it so I'd say you have a good chance of killing it. I recommend disabling Static Shock first so you can always soak it, and then disabling diffusing chain. You can have two warriors Mass Spell Reflect every single diffusion chain.
    Wait wut, that works? Rofl killed it for months and didnt know that.