Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    So you're annoyed that you have to do pet battles in order to obtain battle pets? What...

Fine. I want raid gear without having to raid, deal?
    Blizzard: "Done! LFR!";

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    There are three new currencies in 5.4.

- Celestial Coins are earned from pet battles and are only used to buy pet battle related items.
    - Timeless Coins are earned from pretty much everything on the Timeless Isle and are used to create 496 gear and buy other things, like Mogu Runes of Fate.
    - Warforged Seals are the new bonus roll currency and they're earned from the same source as before (Lesser Charms).

The only thing I can think of is that you confused these three currencies for each other, because the only one that affects gear progression outside of gearing a new alt is Warforged Seals, which are completely unrelated to pet battles.
    I believe this is the case with OP. He just got confused. There is no rhyme or reason with his rant otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    LFR is still raiding!

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    LFR gives you LFR gear, it even says so right on the item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    Asking me to play POKEMON in Warcraft in order to attain greater progression is something I won't stand for.
    Well, I suppose its a good thing that you don't have to do pet battles for character progression.

Seriously, what on earth are you even talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    He's missing out a 4 pets that will require you to do pet battles in 5.4 to be able to buy them.
    If you're a pet collector, you already have to participate in the pet battles since zillions of them are wild and must be caught.

There are really no benefits for doing pet battles outside of pets or pet supplies. It's a pretty self-contained system as far as benefiting the people interested in it without excluding any cool rewards from the people who aren't.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

lol thanks for the chuckle. You do realize that pets don't actually help your dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very bad at PvP. PvP is in the game. Should I be offended that there's something that I can't obtain because I can't and won't do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrynn View Post
    lol thanks for the chuckle. You do realize that pets don't actually help your dps?
    Sure it does, if one of those new pets is a dog. It would negatively effect his Dogs Per Second he can summon using the pet tab.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Well, I suppose its a good thing that you don't have to do pet battles for character progression.

Seriously, what on earth are you even talking about?

If you're a pet collector, you already have to participate in the pet battles since zillions of them are wild and must be caught.

There are really no benefits for doing pet battles outside of pets or pet supplies. It's a pretty self-contained system as far as benefiting the people interested in it without excluding any cool rewards from the people who aren't.
    I've got nearly 10,000 lesser charms of good fortune from simply doing pet battles. Maybe that's what he's so offended by?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    I've got nearly 10,000 lesser charms of good fortune from simply doing pet battles. Maybe that's what he's so offended by?
    Pet battles do give a ton of Lesser Charms, but there's several other sources of Lesser Charms so complaining about pet battles being required because of that would be ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    I PVP BGs

I PVP world

I PVE quests

I PVE dungeons

I PVE raids

I do as many types of content required to access all sources of resources in a patch and progress.

I do NOT however want to start feeling as if I'm missing out on content or a source of resources income because I'm not playing Warcraft-pokemon.

I understand that blizzard wanted to show everyone that they're not afraid of making a world of pandas and pokemon in Warcraft and that they don't care about what makes some people mad or offended, but now it's here, you've made your point, you don't to shove this shit down our throats.

This battle pets nonsense gets more improvements each patch that all classes put together and it's integrated far enough as it needs to be at the moment in game, don't actually force us to do this completely unrelated Warcraft crap to access all means of resources in a new patch.
    Okay, champ, start linking those patch notes!

As to your main problem (you said you don't want to miss out on "sources of resources" in a patch), fret not. There are quicker ways to get gold, there are quicker ways to get gear(believe me, the safari hat does NOTHING for dps :P), quicker ways to get ANYTHING, except for pets. Battling pets is still the best way to get the resource called Battle Pets, a resource used to generate more of itself.

And seriously, due to the simplistic mechanics of Battle Pets in general, a quick fix for those take less man-hours than any other form of fixing Blizz has ever had to have done. Calm down.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want them work for them....simple as that:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Same goes for mount/legendarys/gear/achivments. But anyway...i belive those pets can be caged so you can buy them.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

So, you're mad because you refuse to do content that Blizzard is creating?

Come on now. I would maybe understand your pain if you said this back when pet battles were first announced, and it seemed silly. Months later, we all realize it's a serious thing that Blizzard is making for us, so I can't sympathize.

10+ Year Old Account
    but pet battles are not the only, or the best source of charms. its very random how much you get from them, sometimes i get 3-5 for 5 battles in a row, other times ive done 20+ battles and got 2 charms i get terrible luck with those.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    but pet battles are not the only, or the best source of charms. its very random how much you get from them, sometimes i get 3-5 for 5 battles in a row, other times ive done 20+ battles and got 2 charms i get terrible luck with those.
    True but I do feel it's the biggest source. The charms are between 1-6 and sometimes I've had 6 for ten battles in a row. I see that there's going to be timeless coins in the next patch, presumably from something similar, and theres going to be stuff to buy with them. It's time Blizzard gave us something to buy with the lesser charms as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's try and stay with pet battles and whether or not they're required or convenient since that's the topic. Thank you.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

If you don't like pet battles then don't do them. You're not required to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    When pet battles were first announced, I hated the idea. I've never played Pokemon and always thought the concept was stupid

Then I did a couple of them. 490 unique pets later I still hate pet battles. Not because they are dumb, but because I need to get a rare quality on them all. Damn Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling took me days, if not weeks to get rare qualities on.
    Hehehe, I was the same, I was not too sure about the whole pet battle thing when first hearing of it, even though I was a massive pet collector, but I love it! And I share your woes about the rare hunting I'm currently only needing to convert 98 pets to rares to completion! but it took me a while to get round to it.

OT: I don't see whats wrong with pet battles OP, what progression do you speak of? Sure you get lesser charms and valor but you get those from multiple other things in game, so whats the issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    True but I do feel it's the biggest source. The charms are between 1-6 and sometimes I've had 6 for ten battles in a row. I see that there's going to be timeless coins in the next patch, presumably from something similar, and theres going to be stuff to buy with them. It's time Blizzard gave us something to buy with the lesser charms as well!

should be pets from lesser charms :P
    im up to nearly 1000 pet battles done now, i'm addicted
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    This. They should sell none tradable pets for 1000 or 2500 lesser charms, THEN people can complain that they're missing out on something. Of course, with that amount of charms, the pets would also have to look awesome.

Pets from charms would be awesome I'm also just about to hit 5k pet battles won, it is crazy addictive and fun I never much liked doing dailies ...daily. But with the pet battle ones I look forward to doing them, especially opening all my bags at the end to see the goodies I get