Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Yes PvP servers are every masochists dream paradise, getting ganked by ridiculously overpowered retards is all and everything they were made for, since hey you couldn't do meaningful PvP stuff on a PvP server even if you tried...
    There's still World PvP, sorry, but your accusations of "getting ganked by ridiculously overpowered retards" doesn't exactly summarize PvP. However it would seem that you have been ganked by "Ridiculously overpowered retards" before, but to make sweeping generalizations based on anecdotal experience is just ignorant. How's that PvE server going for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really need help on a PvP server due to a griefer, logout, go to your factions town on an alt and ask people in Trade Chat to help. I guarantee you that there will be at least 1 PvPer who is bored and will head there. I've done this in the past and had a squad of max level characters arrive. You can even keep it anonymous.

"/2 Hey, Can anyone help out in Sholazar? Theres a max level character camping our corpses."

Edit-
    You can even do a /who in your area to see if there are any maxed characters. If there are, you could just ask in General.
    Last edited by Lime; 2013-07-19 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    If they buff them to level 90, then lower level players wouldn't be able to organize a raid to assault those towns which is common on some PvP realms.

It really is as simple as, "If you don't want to get ganked, transfer realms". The player knew what they were signing up for when they made a character there.

The only solution I see would be to make these guards do damage based on HP and I don't see Blizzard caring that much about it.
    Which ones exactly...? I've played on two different Full PVP servers since Wrath and I've NEVER seen a group of people under max level assaulting places of their level in a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Which ones exactly...? I've played on two different Full PVP servers since Wrath and I've NEVER seen a group of people under max level assaulting places of their level in a group.
    Kil'Jaeden US (not sure if theres an EU). I see it happen all the time. And during my very brief visit to Mal'Ganis, I also witnessed it a few times.

I'm not sure realm even matters at this point due to CRZ.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    pvp server = acknowledging that almost anything flies in terms of world pvp and you should expect that. while i dont condone ganking low level people its not something thats against the rules and shouldnt be "fixed" by buffing guards. what you should do it logout, log on to another toon and do some shit for a few minutes, or quite simply, dont play on a pvp server.

buffing the guards is going to do jack shit if theyre camping you and want to continue camping you. even if the guards one shot someone they'd simply hover above the area you are and wait for you to leave the guards aggro zone/area and proceed to camp you there. so again the best thing you can do is log out for a few, get a drink, take a whiz, look at mmo-champ and then go on about your buisness.

in my opinion a guard being able to kill a player makes little sense gameplay wise and lore wise. aside from some of the faction leaders the players themselves are supposed to be some pretty powerful characters. if im getting one shot by a plain ole city guard why the fuck arent they the ones fighting illidan, arthas, deathwing, garrosh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Kil'Jaeden US (not sure if theres an EU). I see it happen all the time. And during my very brief visit to Mal'Ganis, I also witnessed it a few times.

I'm not sure realm even matters at this point due to CRZ.
    Wat. I played on KJ from Wrath all the way up to a few weeks ago and the only raids on towns I ever saw were groups of Ruinous at max level trolling lowbies. I'm on Mal'Ganis now and, again, I have never seen such action, just max level fights at Thrallmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of this being the case is to force PvP. If you are being camped there is only one sure way to stop him from ganking you - get somebody to kill him.
    This is how PvP worked back in the day and why there were such amusing fights in low level zones such as Hillsbrad. People solved PvP with more PvP.

If you don't like being camped or ganked then reroll onto a Normal server. Blizzard will no doubt do a character service sale soon either due to 5.4 or simply for a Summer Sale.

It really is that simple.

As an honest question rather than being snarky - Why did you roll on a PvP server? Was it a friend? Did you want PvP? Did it have high PvE progress?

I started on a PvP server back during TBC and I remember days of not being able to play because the Horde couldn't push Alliance out of Tarren Mill and the guards would get insta-gibbed by the 70s

i wish guards would be nerfed back down to level 60, like they were in wrath. the guard buff killed town raiding on my server. pissed me off something fierce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Wat. I played on KJ from Wrath all the way up to a few weeks ago and the only raids on towns I ever saw were groups of Ruinous at max level trolling lowbies. I'm on Mal'Ganis now and, again, I have never seen such action, just max level fights at Thrallmar.
    I don't know what to tell you then. Maybe you're in the wrong place at the wrong time or I'm in the right place at the right time. I've been on KJ since Vanilla and I'd say it happened the most since late Wrath, right before the Shattering. I remember because alot of people were mad that they buffed the guards during the Shattering.

To be fair, I wouldn't say it's still common, but I don't know, I can't say its rare either.

As for Mal'Ganis, I can't really say much more on that, I was only there for like a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    Was leveling with a buddy of mine and once we got to scholozar we kept getting camped by 2 90's. Finally made it to the town where hemet nesingway is thinking we would be safe with guards around. Well that is 100% false. Guards are barely even touching the 90's health. How about blizz buffs guards a little bit in lower lvl zones so this nonsense doesn't happen. I understand getting ganked while questing, but when im IN a little town and the 90's can easily kill me without any consequences of guards killing them that's just wrong.
    PvP servers are a trap, designed and built to lure and ensnare the worst elements of the playerbase, to keep them hidden away from the decent folk and content with a community dynamic best described in Cormac McCarthy's The Road. If you have ever looked at a PvP situation and said "there's something not right about this," you don't belong on a PvP server. You are too good for that sinful world. Things like rules, fair play and honor are for battlegrounds, arenas, and auto-flagging city raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    You play on a pvp realm and are whinning about getting ganked. If getting ganked is a problem then you are on the wrong realm. If you want OP guards then do us a favour and go to a pve realm. I don't even gank low level players but I fucking hate when they whine about getting ganked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    PvP servers are a trap, designed and built to lure and ensnare the worst elements of the playerbase, to keep them hidden away from the decent folk
    Then why are there way more pvp realms then pve realms? Pve realms just group bad players together because you never have to be aware of your surrounding when it comes to end game they suck at it.
    Aye mate

Guards are only intended to harass enemy players and shoo them away, not to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    Was leveling with a buddy of mine and once we got to scholozar we kept getting camped by 2 90's. Finally made it to the town where hemet nesingway is thinking we would be safe with guards around. Well that is 100% false. Guards are barely even touching the 90's health. How about blizz buffs guards a little bit in lower lvl zones so this nonsense doesn't happen. I understand getting ganked while questing, but when im IN a little town and the 90's can easily kill me without any consequences of guards killing them that's just wrong.
    1) you're on a pvp server
    2) you're in sholazar basin with good farming mats and hunter pets
    3) dont act like a saint you know the rules of ganking, you probably gank lowbies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    PvP servers are a trap, designed and built to lure and ensnare the worst elements of the playerbase, to keep them hidden away from the decent folk and content with a community dynamic best described in Cormac McCarthy's The Road. If you have ever looked at a PvP situation and said "there's something not right about this," you don't belong on a PvP server. You are too good for that sinful world. Things like rules, fair play and honor are for battlegrounds, arenas, and auto-flagging city raids.
    pvpers do tend to be the worst end of the wow community. constantly spouting slurs and generally treating other people horribly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really, are you complaining about ganking on a PVP server?

If you dont want it, go to a PvE server. Its amazing these posts get made on a daily basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    pvpers do tend to be the worst end of the wow community. constantly spouting slurs and generally treating other people horribly.
    One could say the same about LFG and LFR, not to mention some elitist guilds. Now lets try to stay on topic.

They should make care bear pvp servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

If you're on a PvP server, you have to accept that anytime you're outside a sanctuary or an instance, you're fair game. Not just fair game for someone you might be able to defeat, fair game for anyone else who's hostile, at any moment. If you just want to get to 90 in peace, stay in instances and queue from a sanctuary.

Guards are weaker on a PVP-server to make it easier to have the pvp-experience from going into enemy cities too. If you don't like it, you should move to a PVE-server.
    I do still find it lame with 90ies ganking lowbies, but guess that's part of the fun, from having a pvpserver filled with people that suck too much to beat people on their own lvl :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away