Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Then you must have been angry for about 7 years now, because it has been possible to aquire cosmetic items and mounts with real cash thorugh the TCG.
    Again - there is a big difference in 1 or 2 items and 50 -100 like ppl now see coming in in game store.

Deleted
    It's an absolutely pathetic thing to do and anybody who takes part in this should be absolutely fucking ashamed of themselves.

This thread is just fucking sad. People are far too butthurt over this cosmetic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Well, this thread has pushed me from being indifferent to supporting the cash shop. If these are the kind of petty, vindictive and downright evil people who oppose the cosmetic helms, then supporting the cosmetic helms can only be a good thing.

same think i will buy all 3 and a few for my friends now.

If you kick someone from LFR because he or she is wearing the transmog helmets, you are pathetic, petty and in the wrong. No, there is no opinion in that. It's fact. It's just sad.

Anyone who supports that behavior should not ever talk about how LFR or LFD killed the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    This. This post right here.

This is what it makes me embarrassed to be of the same species as this person. We're the most intelligent race on the planet and we still hate each other for such trivial and mundane things. Simple things as live and yet live keep falling on deaf ears. Seriously what's next, someone wishing someone with a certain shirt brand to receive ill harm just because they don't approve of it? smh
    Sorta funny (or sad) that you pretty much thinks the same about the poster - as the poster thinks about the person that bought a hat for 15$. So what we learned is that everyone is a hater ?

Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    Same, gonna buy firehorns for everyone in my guild. Maybe server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    It's an absolutely pathetic thing to do and anybody who takes part in this should be absolutely fucking ashamed of themselves.
    this is the WoW community, its always this bad. if people remember the other thread on these helms i am very against them and the cash shop as a whole, but i'd never interfere with someones play time because of it. should be harrasement really, its nothing more than that.
    dragonmaw - EU

ok: 3 helmets bought.

I would have gone with the Ice Crown one, but now I have all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    lol - ye do that.... hihi. Acting like you havn't already and feeling alone when you see so few others have

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    If ppl are being kicked.. that means that majority of the group kicked them. That means majority of that particular group disliked it so much that it pushed them to such actions.
    5 out of 25 isn't a majority.

I love it when people call others kids for getting angry over something that shouldn't matter.
    Whilst getting angry about possibly getting kicked out of a dungeon/raid or getting a mean remark.

Though I wouldn't personaly do this, I do find it rather amusing.
    I have a thing for rising up against capitalism though and fully agree my stance may not be mature either.

Deleted
    I don't see what the major issue is here. If someone wants to buy the helmets, why not? It's just the same as Pets/Mounts/TCG vanity items. Until this shop gives more strength/power to endgame, there isn't a reason to complain. Players attacking other players for it is just ridiculous. If people oppose it so much, they can cancel subscriptions.

Kinda reminds me of the classic LFR thread: "If I don't like it, no one can!"

Deleted
    More power to the kicker.

People buying this shit and lapping it up are supporting unethical business practices. I don't want to play my games with people who are actively working to sabotage my subscriptions worth.

What most people don't understand is that the more Blizzard thinks this is acceptable, the more stuff they push into the store. It wont end up ever being "power", or in this case gear but it will certainly be the better modeled/textured pets (take a look at the mile-stone achievement ones vs the store) and mounts going there for a quick buck. If somehow everyone said "no thank you, we'd prefer it was in the game as a drop or 'chieve" and didn't buy it, they'd put everything in the game for no extra cost, because they would have no incentive to design cash shop items.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Im not leading anything. Just pointing out that alot of players that have been playing sub for many years might not be ready to pay both sub and then see in game store.
    Right. You're just speaking on behalf of other players players.

BTW, do you actually still play WoW? Or are you one of those posters who don't even play anymore but post on these forums to encourage other people to follow your example and quit?

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    this is the WoW community, its always this bad. if people remember the other thread on these helms i am very against them and the cash shop as a whole, but i'd never interfere with someones play time because of it. should be harrasement really, its nothing more than that.
    Yeah, exactly. While we both disagree on the cash shop.. that's another discussion, I think it's pretty unreasonable to take it out on players if you don't like it. That sort of feedback should be reserved for Blizzard and no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    5 out of 25 isn't a majority.
    Sadly .. it takes more than 5 to kick morons that go afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    More power to the kicker.

People buying this shit and lapping it up are supporting unethical business practices. I don't want to play my games with people who are actively working to sabotage my subscriptions worth.

What most people don't understand is that the more Blizzard thinks this is acceptable, the more stuff they push into the store. It wont end up ever being "power", or in this case gear but it will certainly be the better modeled/textured pets (take a look at the mile-stone achievement ones vs the store) and mounts going there for a quick buck. If somehow everyone said "no thank you, we'd prefer it was in the game as a drop or 'chieve" and didn't buy it, they'd put everything in the game FOR FREE because they would have no incentive to design cash shop items.

You are playing the wrong type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The players on MMOC post regularly on the official forums as well, im sorry but their opinion is miles more valuable to Blizzard than the random new players that dont even know forums exist.

The players who are active within the community provide valuable feedback and testing feedback, along with streams / videos / tournaments (FUCKLOADS of free advertising essentially) ect ect.

The vocal people are the ones you should be on your hands and knees to, because they actually care enough to post and advertise your game.

Theres an average amount of MMOC and Official Forum posters, and from what ive seen regarding various polls and threads, the general opinion is that people dislike these helmets. Now what they done is completely ignore their userbase, and as a result were seeing this massive rift in the community, caused by Blizzards tacky cash grab.
    Thank God you don't design for Blizzard. You think Blizzard should be on their hands and knees for the maybe 5% of their playerbase that writes on MMO-C and the forums? How egotistical can you honestly be? Blizzard doesnt need to design their games or their decisions based off of the crying of their forum posters. Doing so is what has lead the game down the path its on currently. I would be greatful if the forum posters would quit the game, the community would be a thousand times better.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah, exactly. While we both disagree on the cash shop.. that's another discussion, I think it's pretty unreasonable to take it out on players if you don't like it. That sort of feedback should be reserved for Blizzard and no one else.
    As long as other players know that they might get kick for wearing items that cost 15$ - they have a choice to remove those items before you go into LFR or LFG. Problem solved.