Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing on and off for about 2 months.. LOVE IT.

I'm currently working on a heavy duty crane vehicle so I can move around some base modules that I have on Duna. After that I plan to mess around with the Kethane mod; maybe try to set up a fuel refinery on Minmus or something.

I haven't played much since 0.21 came out last week but I'll probably get on tonight now.

OP: Thanks for making the thread! I searched the forums a few weeks back but didn't see anything and got discouraged.

Edit: I caught this little video in the Squad weekly roundup. Good ol' Jeb.

Last edited by Payday; 2013-08-01 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody done anything exciting in 0.21? I just added a grow house module to my ever expanding space station:

Deleted

my very first (successful & non-lethal) mün landing! and i'm so skilled that i landed behind a mün mountain - the craft ran out of energy because of blocked photovoltaic panels. i can't control it anymore... going to plan a rescue mission now >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like a ton of fun!

I will need to get this asap.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    my very first (successful & non-lethal) mün landing! and i'm so skilled that i landed behind a mün mountain - the craft ran out of energy because of blocked photovoltaic panels. i can't control it anymore... going to plan a rescue mission now >.<
    Nice! Not rocking any RCS, though?

I put in a lot of hours expanding my Mun base this weekend, I'll try to post some pics tonight. I've been crashing a TON lately, need to delete some mods.

Landed my first rocket on Mün yesterday. Put in the wrong engine to take off again, and the engine was bigger than the landing legs, so it fell over and my poor Kerbal was lost in a huge explosion. Will try again tonigth, this time with the rigth engine ^^
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account
    I downloaded the game and built my first rocket! It lifted off successfully and exploded on the ground.

I'm not sure where to go from here though.

Does anyone know of a good site or video for details on a good way to begin progression? Kind of a starter's guide?

I've seen plenty of video's and forums, but i'm looking for one with detailed information, in a step by step format.

I fucking suck at this game. I've probably killed like 1000 kerbals already because I can never seem to get enough launch velocity to break orbit, everything gets to an apex and then just starts crashing back down, slowly and embarrassingly.

Doesn't matter what combination of rockets and shit I use, they never seem to have enough thrust/fuel to get my shit into orbit.

On the plus side, after committing scientific genocide, I've perfected ejection and safety systems.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-09-16 at 05:48 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I fucking suck at this game. I've probably killed like 1000 kerbals already because I can never seem to get enough launch velocity to break orbit, everything gets to an apex and then just starts crashing back down, slowly and embarrassingly.

Doesn't matter what combination of rockets and shit I use, they never seem to have enough thrust/fuel to get my shit into orbit.
    I only played a short while, so I really only built a single rocket. However, I foresaw the same thing happening to me.

I'm going to have to cuddle up with some tutorials when I get home, because this game is far deeper than I had expected.

I did manage to make a cool little sub orbital jet thing though, and it flew around for a while.

Then the wing just "Fell off."

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed the planet when swapping orbits and this happened;

79 years of real-time to come back

*edit*
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Anybody done anything exciting in 0.21? I just added a grow house module to my ever expanding space station:

snip
    How's the game run for you when controlling something that size? My space station is around the same size but once I get past around 2000 parts it starts to slow down, doesn't seem to be anything I can do (turnings physics per frame right down helps get to 3000 but causes problems) as its mainly the CPU-usage limitations of their build on Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I downloaded the game and built my first rocket! It lifted off successfully and exploded on the ground.

I'm not sure where to go from here though.

Does anyone know of a good site or video for details on a good way to begin progression? Kind of a starter's guide?

I've seen plenty of video's and forums, but i'm looking for one with detailed information, in a step by step format.
    I'd recommend checking out some of Scott Manley's videos, here, he has some beginner and intermediate tips from basic rocket design and getting into orbit to advanced fuel effiency and orbital maneuvers for travelling between planets.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2013-09-16 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post

Do you fly 90 degrees east after you get to 10km higth and do you set a manouvre to make a orbit ? Do you use manouvre nodes ?

And yes, Scott Manley has some crazy crazy videos His EVE lander is insane, the parts counter is trough the roof and assembling in space is still impressing me a lot ^^
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    How's the game run for you when controlling something that size? My space station is around the same size but once I get past around 2000 parts it starts to slow down, doesn't seem to be anything I can do (turnings physics per frame right down helps get to 3000 but causes problems) as its mainly the CPU-usage limitations of their build on Unity.
    Terribly slow, and I'm running on a pretty beast set up. It's much worse on my moon base..I have pretty much given up on it because the lag is so bad. Apparently I need to cut back on my part count.

http://imgur.com/a/eKMeK#0

10+ Year Old Account
    KSP 0.22 coming soon! Introducing the sub-assembly feature, R&D, and career mode among others.

Anyone done anything new/exciting lately? I'm up to 368 hours played , doing a fresh install right now to brush up my pilot skills for the new update. Very exciiite.

Been waiting for .22. Career Mode is really THE thing I've been missing with this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man. I wrote this game off as cartoony and worthless before ever actually watching any vids or anything. But man, am I totally wrong. I just may have to check this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Yup, give it a try, it's awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    0.22 Released!! Having fun with the career mode..you start with..basically nothing. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Man. I wrote this game off as cartoony and worthless before ever actually watching any vids or anything. But man, am I totally wrong. I just may have to check this out.
    Go now. RUN!

Been messing around with the science modules mostly so I haven't had the ambition to leave Kerbin orbit yet..but it's easily doable with tier 1 or 2 parts. Trying to work my way to the electronics upgrade so I can start transmitting stuff back to KSC! The little that I have seen of career mode is looking really awesome.

Last edited by Payday; 2013-10-17 at 04:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, the release of career mode got me pretty excited about this game again. Going to have to check it out once I get home today =D