Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Leveling was too fast the moment they added BoAs into the game in wrath.

They should have never been added to the game.

People wanted ways to boost their alts levels, okay, I get it. But items themselves was a bad idea. It should have been an account-wide buff similar to how valor capping works currently.

When they added all of these BoA items they made all dungeon/quest/pvp gear useless. All we need left are necklaces, gloves and boots, which'll probably be added in the near future.

I'd be nice to see people in a variety of items going place to place. Not the same generic look everyone has leveling.

It also detours new players from making friends leveling with people whom own BoA items, as they'll out level them, leaving them behind.

One of the current fastest times leveling 1-90 with BoAs and only questing is 1 day 19~ hours and was done on a Twitch livestream by MabusGaming as a hunter.

Yes, leveling is too fast.
    Yes, but remember that they also have lowered the overall experience required to get to certain levels a couple times. Most recently, they lowered the experience required to get to the end of Cata (85) by a significant amount.

Deleted
    Yes, but remember that they also have lowered the overall experience required to get to certain levels a couple times. Most recently, they lowered the experience required to get to the end of Cata (85) by a significant amount.
    This stands out even more when you consider how long it used to take to level in vanilla compared to MoP. I'm not saying the vanilla leveling time was better by any means but just making a point.

I think its so slow. How the fuck did I ever get to 7 85s...? Im trying to lvl a mage (84) and lock (78, I believe) but I play for maybe one hour before logging to my main. I hate levelling.

Up to 60, it's alright. Not particularly fun (the last part of Silverpine and beginning of Hillsbrad I love) but bearable. From Outland and onwards, however...

AND IM IN A LVL25 guild ALL HEIRLOOMS except ring and yet it feels like fucking torture. And getting Blackrock, Ramparts and Utgarde Keep a million times in a row doesn't really help either, I'm sure.

I had a rogue that was 89 when 5.3 hit. I got it to 90, but tbh I didn't really feel the xp nerf. It was slow, tedious, I was thinking "the fuck am I doing to myself?" -_-

Raf is fun, just watch all that xp flow in, buuut it should be all the way to 90.

Outland++ I find myself questioning the meaning of life.

At least with 1-60 you can choose where to go. I've tried 1k needles (some of it, didn't really like it), not going there again. I love Silverpine (as the qquest chain goes deeper) and Hillsbrad, though I havent actually done all of the quests in Tarren Mill, iirc. DUMASS, haha love that guy. And Onslaught, momma certainly didn't raise no quitter.

BUT
    as you start in Outland, Hellfire is your only option, if the opposing faction lets you pass through dark portal. Wotlk - two choices (Howling Fjord is the best, and we all know it). Cata. You have Vashj'ir, but Hyjal is faster, more efficient, more convenient and less sense of "fuck this game" (but not much, mind you). Mop is jade fucking forest and a giant fucking wall or a mountain whereever you wanna go, so you spend too much bloody time getting to the next fucking zone .

tl;dr Im sure Human Centipede II is more entertaining than lvling something from 60-90, so NO, I don't think its too fast. If anything, ut could be way, way faster.

(for reference, I have two 90 rogues and a priest, yes, my attention spawn is shit, yes, I cba spending gold I dont have to get fast flying on shitty alts I start to loathe them because lvling is fucking slow anyway and slow flying makes it feel even slower, wish I could pay someone for a 90 mage/lock. My one rogue? bought it, so I only really lvled it 85-90)
    Last edited by Faenskap; 2013-08-09 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    E: I don't think 60-90 is too fast though. If anything those levels could go 800% faster for all I care because they are absolutely atrocious. I still can't bring myself to drag another alt through Pandaria.
    I like some of Outland, but I have to say that if they nuked all of Hellfire Penninsula, I wouldn't miss it at all.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

I don't think people realize they have the tools to have a similar experience to that of classic and TBC.

For example, on most of my alts I level without heirlooms and without quest objectives on the map... if I forgo a guild with the 10% experience buff as well, that's a recipe for some serious time and thought invested in your toon, just like it used to be. I think it's okay that people who don't enjoy leveling like I do have the opportunity to bypass it... maybe it's headed a bit too extreme, but it's not breaking my gameplay.

Deleted
    I don't think people realize they have the tools to have a similar experience to that of classic and TBC.
    I wouldn't say that you get the same experience as vanilla or BC with no XP bonuses. It still only takes a few weeks maximum with no XP buffs to hit the level cap compared to vanilla and BC where I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) it was at least twice that length.

By no means am I saying make it take as long as vanilla or BC by the way!

Deleted
    No

Ten chars

Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    I wouldn't say that you get the same experience as vanilla or BC with no XP bonuses.
    I wouldn't either, which is why I used the word similar.

Deleted
    I wouldn't either, which is why I used the word similar.
    I think we have different thoughts behind the relativity of 'similar' here. My bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitty Scott View Post
    I don't think you realize just how much you're wrong.

- The leveling itself is about ten times easier (you can easily kill more than four or five mob at the same times, while in Vanilla it was risky to fight more than one). This alone accelerate a lot the questing.
    - Even without any of the godawful amount of bonuses you can get, the amount of XP required is FAR less than it used to be (up to 50-70 % less for the first 60 levels for example).

Deleted
    - The leveling itself is about ten times easier (you can easily kill more than four or five mob at the same times, while in Vanilla it was risky to fight more than one). This alone accelerate a lot the questing.
    - Even without any of the godawful amount of bonuses you can get, the amount of XP required is FAR less than it used to be (up to 50-70 % less for the first 60 levels for example).
    The questing is a tad hand-held with 'quest helper' and the inability to do quests a few levels higher than you (orange/red).

It used to take weeks to cap in vanilla whilst you can do it in days now. I'm not saying that is bad necessarily but it shows the difference.

Deleted
    My new main is still around lv20. This is not about the lenght of the leveling, but how puke-inducing lvling process is. To think of it that I have to repeat all that crap after 8years brings me to tears. And I am rolling on a new realm so no gold or looms for me. fml

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    My new main is still around lv20. This is not about the lenght of the leveling, but how puke-inducing lvling process is. To think of it that I have to repeat all that crap after 8years brings me to tears. And I am rolling on a new realm so no gold or looms for me. fml
    Totally agree, and wow's leveling is some of the most vomit inducing leveling I've ever experienced in any game.

So, to answer OP - that's impossible, can never be too fast.

They need to revert the 30% nerf they made to the health of every mob in the game in the pre-LK 3.0 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitty Scott View Post
    no, they dont. the world that existed in classic has been neutered. there is nothing in the world these days that is remotely dangerous, so its impossible to recreate the experience of classic WoW. you comment leads me to believe that either you werent there during vanilla, or you have had some kind of head trauma since.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I just started a rogue on a new server without any BoA leveling gear, i must say, untill now (level 48), im quite please with the speed of leveling. With levelinggear on it's to fast for me indeed. I normally don't do dungeons though, because they do make me outlevel my questing zone. I only do that in level ranges i don't enjoy. Like 40-45 (don't like plaguelands, done it too often).
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    there is nothing in the world these days that is remotely dangerous, so its impossible to recreate the experience of classic WoW.
    I think the return of more group quest content would be nice. Maybe even the ability to accept orange level quests for that extra challenge.

Deleted
    I normally don't do dungeons though, because they do make me outlevel my questing zone. I only do that in level ranges i don't enjoy. Like 40-45 (don't like plaguelands, done it too often).
    How long did it take you to gain those levels in order to skip the plaguelands by running dungeons? 2 runs? 3 runs?

I think the problem is worse at lower levels due to XP scaling as you level up. I could be wrong though.