Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    After getting 10 characters to max level I can easily say that I'd very much like it if it was even faster, at least for people with at least 1 max lvl character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    I think it is both a good and bad thing. For those that have leveled up countless alts obviously it is a good thing. For someone that just joined the game it sucks I think. They miss out on so much from out leveling zones and miss so many story lines and zones now.
    Someone who just joined the game isn't going to be rocking full heirlooms.

People nowadays don't care about leveling content, lore and zones. They just want to ding level cap fast, and do other stuff. Boring, yeah. But the new generations of gamers are boring overall.

Nope. I hate leveling. End-game content is where it is at for me.

Deleted
    I forgot to mention the 300% potion buff from 'Krol the Blade'. That is a ridiculous XP buff!

Leveling can never be too fast for me. I'd buy 90s straight from Blizzard if they offered it as a service.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Leveling can never be too fast for me. I'd buy 90s straight from Blizzard if they offered it as a service.
    How much would you be willing to pay for such a feature? How much would anyone else be willing to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    you want to pay extra to skip a huge portion of the game that you are paying to play? dear god, is this what Blizzard have managed to do to their customers?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    you want to pay extra to skip a huge portion of the game that you are paying to play? dear god, is this what Blizzard have managed to do to their customers?
    It all depends on the person playing. You never know - this guy (and money others for that matter) may have seen the majority of leveling content and hence would be willing to skip it.

Ten level 90 characters here, mage @ 85, shaman @ 86... i would buy the 100%+ experience item from the blizzard store in a heartbeat. If you really love questing, nothing is stopping you from doing them all just because you don't get experience from them? WoW has, atleast since BC, been about the endgame for me. Questing is NOT fun the second, third, eleventh time around, WTB Warpzone, Super Mario Bros style please.

Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    How much would you be willing to pay for such a feature? How much would anyone else be willing to pay?
    I don't know if I could pick a number but I'd probably pay more than most people would. Each of the level 90 toons I have has hundreds of hours at max level. Considering the 60$ price tag for XXXXXXX new big name 8 hour shooter that comes out, it's incredibly easy to justify quite a bit on a level 90 toon that would provide me with hundreds of hours.

I'm in the process of leveling an alt on another realm, so the only xp boost I have is the guild perk. I'm at level 87 now and I can honestly say that leveling isn't too fast at all.

Disadvantages

- Outleveling zones prior to completion - immersion and lore breaker
    You don't have to leave a zone, nor does it matter anymore after the first character. So the only people this would apply to are new people, but they don't have anything else than a possible guild perk.
    - Outleveling professions - hindered leveling progress due to returning to lower level zones to level professions (mainly Herbalism, Mining and Skinning)
    I did experience this, but since you don't need a minimum skill level anymore for at least Herbalism and Mining in MoP zones, I don't really see how this matters for those. It's also not that uncommon for people to change professions or only learn them at max level and that never was a problem either.
    - A lack of time to properly use and understand newly learned abilities
    Since reading the tooltip is enough to understand what most abilities do, while the rest you just use the spell once to understand, I don't think there is any lack of time to learn that. Not even with full heirlooms, guild perk and RaF enabled.
    - Daunting task at level 90 to be good at your class due to the above point
    You get new abilities every so often until max level, not to mention that spell priorities keep changing until that point. But mostly due to the first point you won't learn how to play your class until max level anyway.

There were only 2 moments where I enjoyed levelling. My first char (like almost everyone probably) and while using RaF. I wouldn't have any problems with RaF xp being the standard.

I pay to play the endgame, frankly. That's where all of my interest is. That's where the majority of my time is spent. I've been leveling toons for 8 years and I'm over it. Quest content has never interested me in the slightest.

I would've said the same thing in Vanilla after my first toon hit 60. Questing sucks and is nothing more than a barrier between me and the content I actually want to play.

Deleted
    Maybe he wants to get his new character to the point where he can do content with his friends who are all 90. Is is such a strange concept? And doing a quest zone for the fourth or fifth time is a whole lot different than doing the same BG or dungeon four or five times. The idea that the game is the same for a leveling character than it is for a level capped player is laughable where one uses linear progression and the other a more horizontal approach so is it so hard to understand that someone can prefer the latter over the former?
    To be honest, I'd agree that Blizzard have somewhat developed their game with too much an emphasis on the endgame instanced content that enriching the journey but it is what it is and if some players just want those quests out of the way so they can get to that then who can blame them?

Deleted
    Sadly the traditional mmoRPG player is a dieing breed.

Whereas once upon a time the majority of players embraced the outside world and leveling content for its lore, camaraderie and immersion, these days most players just want to repeatedly farm small instanced 3, 5, 10 or 25 man instanced content to satisfy their need for shiny gear.

It really does defeat the idea of playing an mmorpg when the content that you do isn't massively multiplayer (no, 25 man raids are not massive, many fps games have more players per map) and you also ignore any rpg element. I think many players, especially those that competitively raid, would be better served by a fantasy based raid only game, where you queue via a lobby like most FPS games.

Back on topic, I think whilst leveling speed is too fast for traditional players (myself for one), it can never be fast enough for the majority that want instant action raiding and couldn't give a flying f**k about the mmo or rpg aspects of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    ugh fuck leveling, especially the first 30 something levels since you got fuck all as far as spells go
    Had loads of fun levelling a Panda mage casting nothing but Frostfire Bolt until level 10! I'm kidding though, I got to use Fireblast and Frost Nova from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    Back on topic, I think whilst leveling speed is too fast for traditional players (myself for one), it can never be fast enough for the majority that want instant action raiding and couldn't give a flying f**k about the mmo or rpg aspects of wow.
    I think it has more to do with already knowing the story after doing the same quest 5 times (or 12 in my case) than anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmachine View Post
    love ur videos TVLodge
    Thanks man appreciate the comment!

Leveling is fine as it is. Now I don't have to waste as much time to hit 90 on my alts.

"lore" gets stale when you do it 7 times.

There's plenty of time to get used to your class. If you can't figure it out by the time you hit 90 you're either blatantly ignoring your class or just don't care.

Professions have always leveled slower than your character, as they should.

Deleted
    The biggest problem is....

On launch day should people be able to just quest from 85-90?

If this is true (which I believe is the case) that a player with no rested, no guild bonus, no 5 mans, no pvp can level with just quests. then anyone who does or has any of those is going to out level the zone.

I quite like being able to vary up my leveling, sometimes do Zone A, sometimes do Zone B, I fell I get to do this in MoP so I can't ask for anymore.

I think in 5.3 it is about right for alts, I would not mind it being a bit longer the first time round though.

I really really really hope "down scaling to a quest zone" is coming.

So you can scale to a zone but get XP like you where doing the zone appropriate for your level.

This would be awesome.

Imagine being able to do any zone in the entire game and get nice XP from it!