My dated set-up - having fps issues in LFR/Org.. advice?

Hey

I built this computer on a tight budget at the end of WotLK and now I have been using it for a few years it has started playing up a little.

It really annoys me how I can't take on more interesting roles in raids such as tanking because of my fps in LFR, meaning I can't gear up as I don't want to risk wiping a raid because of my poor performance. I have the graphics on medium/high because on low the game just looks awful. My fps out in the game is always around 40-60, in pandaria it drops to about 25/30 and in 25 mans and cities it drops to about 10.

My specs are:

Pentium dual-core CPU E6500
    4GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 graphics

Will changing my graphics card alone boost performance? It also irritates me how I cannot play other games such as DayZ, I was thinking about purchasing the Asus AMD Radeon HD 7850 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Radeon-Direc.../dp/B008RW0R10)

Thank you for your help!
    The battle raged on and on,
    Fuelled by the venom, of hatred for man..

Well, it is quite easy:
    - other games the computer needs to render a scripted area mostly (unless you activate some wicked Physics simulation option). In wow you have let's say 100-200 players on the screen. They move, their movement it is not expected by your PC, therefore not stored into the RAM of your computer for future showing etc.
    - for every expansion blizzard has detailed their models more and more, the foliage, the effects, the shaders etc. It is normal that when you switch the area your FPS to drop.

Use: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/2 to compare your components with the cheapest available now and see that there might be a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) That benchmark tool is a poor way to determine what you need. Simply put.

2) Things like DayZ are hindered by your GPU, most likely. Things like raids are hindered by your CPU. Basically, you need a new computer, unfortunately. You might be able to salvage your case, hard drive, and OS (If it's Win7 or Win8 64bit), and optical drive possibly.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab