Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Edited the liberalist part before you sent your reply. It's the word for the outer right here, basically being republicans, and i blame that on english not being my native language. My bad.
    You're armed with what you can consider to be childrens toy, compared with the weapons the army have.
    Some years back we sent 10 tiger tanks in against some other countrys tanks. They had a good deal more. They all got destroyed without a scratch to ours. Technology have improved a lot, and there's great weapons/tacts for urban fights, that random rednecks have no chance to replicate/defend against.
    Being american you probably know how happy Obama is for drone attacks, which you can't defend against, except from hiding among people they don't want to kill, which won't happen if a bigtime revolution as the one you dram about happened.
    I said they overall abide to the rules of democracy, which they do.

From what i recall, last time you had a revolution was the south against the North, and the weapons was far more equal by then, and they still lost. You really overestimate what you can do with a pebblegun against a trained army.

Anyway. Amuse me and tell me all the things you would do when you've overrun the government.
    "Giving the power back to the people" isn't an answer. I would like to hear the actual things you want changed. A pretty list of them
    Pebble gun? LOL really?

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    BZZZT wrong!
    I am a Liberal !
    I m not the only left wing person ready to unite with the right wing to restore the Constitution

Btw you are very very wrong about the militarys ability to quash a Revolt in the US with arms. They really do not want to take it down that road. The govt would be fleeing for their lives quickly.
    If you're really so full of spit and vigor:
    Go create a website called 'America Revolts.' Go print flyers, get your PR running, and start making it happen!

Right now, you're just waiting for the world to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    American people threw out the British for less.
    We had a Civil War for less.
    Trust me, a Revolution IS coming
    Different age, different economic dependencies, different quality of life and completely different demographics.

Rollin' down the street, smokin' Indo, sippin' on gin and juice; with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

This country doesn't need a revolution. In my opinion, it's perfectly fine other than a few things that could easily be fixed during something like mid-term elections where you can vote out congressional representatives that you dislike.

One thing I want to point out. I think the Revolution could be done very easily by sheer economics.

1. Withdraw bank deposits
    2. Change I9s to tax exempt to starve the beast
    3. Stop shopping for anything other than food.
    4. Strikes.

US Govt would be bankrupt in a couple of weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Different age, different economic dependencies, different quality of life and completely different demographics.

Rollin' down the street, smokin' Indo, sippin' on gin and juice; with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

This country doesn't need a revolution. In my opinion, it's perfectly fine other than a few things that could easily be fixed during something like mid-term elections where you can vote out congressional representatives that you dislike.

bull fucking shit it aint fine.
    Jesus chirst they are fucking taking the Bill of Rights and shredding it and you say thats fine?!?!?! What the fuck man. I dont think you even realize what the fuck is going on do you.

- - - Updated - - -

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends , life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government…” --Thomas Jefferson

One thing I want to point out. I think the Revolution could be done very easily by sheer economics.

4. Strikes.

Would only work if the populace would be willing to give up their lives of relative luxury.
    They won't.

At this point, the government can do just about anything as long as they don't touch people's fritos. People are complacent, and they really don't care that much about the country as long as they're living okay lives.

Deleted
    The one social thing that i could imagine that could ruin the world would be that the sauds lied a little to much about their Oil Reseve.

10+ Year Old Account

4. Strikes.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus chirst they are fucking taking the Bill of Rights and shredding it and you say thats fine?!?!?! What the fuck man. I dont think you even realize what the fuck is going on do you.
    Lol... that is a huge amount of hyperbole. The 4th amendment is being violated, and has been violated since the Patriot Act, but that's old news and you can only hope that if you vote in the correct representatives (and when we enter peacetime after the wars wind down), it will be repealed. No other major violations of the Constitution of the United States of America have really occurred since then, and regardless, the quality of life for the average American remains higher than the vast majority of the world, so nothing will happen. I guarantee it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    The one social thing that i could imagine that could ruin the world would be that the sauds lied a little to much about their Oil Reseve.
    Now THAT is a country that will have a revolution as soon as their oil wealth (and the subsequent power of the aristocrats in Saudi Arabia) runs out.

Deleted
    You guys should have a bake sale.

I hear you can fix almost anything with a good bake sale.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol you're nuts to think we're close to a revolution. We have way too many luxuries to consider going against the government.

I think you may be romanticizing the Bill of Rights too much. Putting it as a collective doesn't help your case either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    The only social thing that i could imagine that could ruin the world would be that the sauds lied a little to much about their Oil Reseve.
    Oh, but that would be interesting... On the one side (look, we've got more!) you get the outrage of 'Why have we been paying so much, then!?' On the other side (Whoops... We're out, sorry), you get 'But you told us there was more! *Complete chaos and anarchy*'

First the United States has a 90 percent re election rate for Congress. So even in elections change is not made. There's no way a revolution happens because as upset people claim to be they will not even vote out the current people in office.

Second the idea of a armed revolution is absurd. The Armed Forces is far too well armed and yes they would side with the government. Past history has shown that whenever they are called to put down protests they have.

Detroit is in a state of decay it looks like a 3rd world city, yet no riots, no nothing. If they are not ready to riot or revolt then I really would doubt anywhere else in the United States is prepared to do so.
    Last edited by Robert3620; 2013-07-25 at 10:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Oh, but that would be interesting... On the one side (look, we've got more!) you get the outrage of 'Why have we been paying so much, then!?' On the other side (Whoops... We're out, sorry), you get 'But you told us there was more! *Complete chaos and anarchy*'
    The Opec decides how much they can pump out and export based on the reserve. More reserve more short Term gain.

Humans love short Term gain.

Deleted
    First of all, protests and riots don't mean a revolution is happening. And second of all, revolution against a corrupt government will result in nothing more but a new corrupt goverment with differend people and possibly slightly differend ideals. So the change is really plus minus zero, except in the process you are going to get a lot of people killed, infrastructure destroyed and generelly mess things up badly. History has shown us that revolution has never resulted in anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    First the United States has a 90 percent re election rate for Congress. So even in elections change is not made. There's no way a revolution happens because as upset people claim to be they will not even vote out the current people in office.

Second the idea of a armed revolution is absurd. The Armed Forces is far too well armed and yes they would side with the government. Past history has shown that whenever they are called to put down protests they have.
    Please. We cant even finish off goat herders running around without shoes and we can use tanks and Thunderbolts there. The first time they open fired on US civilians the entire population would burn DC down in the night

Please. We cant even finish off goat herders running around without shoes and we can use tanks and Thunderbolts there. The first time they open fired on US civilians the entire population would burn DC down in the night
    You don't remember the Kent State Shootings then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

There is no way that most US Military would fire. Those that would be willing would be sniped out of existence within days.

Rednecks with handguns? I dont think people realize what the TRUE threat to soldiers would be. A common hunting rifle.

You can easily scout the area for heat, highlighting any sniper, out in the open. He can try to hide his bodyheat, but considered how few armies that get sniped in afghanistan and such, i doubt it's that easy again.
    It's not like they can't get their hands on some of the oldtimers of sniper riffle/hunter weapon. Yet it's not often you hear about it happening, after several years.

Some 1700 americans that has died in those years in hostile actions, and they have a great fighting terrain in Afghanistan for sniping.

Pebble gun? LOL really?

Yes really. Compared to drones/tanks/satelites it's a pebblegun. Yes it can kill a soldier if you have armorpenetrating bullets, but it's not like they walk out there without having scouted the area with other means than putting a soldier in the middle seeing how many shoot at him <.<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Brazil and Turkey are in Revolutions now. The US media refuses to air anything about it.
    I don't really know about Turkey, but Brazil is not in revolution right now.

Yes, we had a series of manifestations here.

Corruption is too deep, and Fifa World Cup costs to the state, plus the fact that politicians promised a drop in the cost of public transport, started the whole thing.

In fact the main motivation wasn't corruption, or the world cup, or anything else, but the rise of the price of public transport.
    They were being raised below inflation, but still being increased, and people revolted.

The revolt was pretty small in fact.
    And it only gained strength when the police acted VERY violently against them, and even against the press.
    Then it became giant and unstoppable.

This made things get out of control, and the streets to be filled with revolts against the violence of the policy, and the price of transport.

President Dilma then announced her support to the manifestations, asked for peace, for violence to stop, and asked for state governors and biggest cities mayors, to reach an agreement for the drop of the transport price, as well as said that she would, if the congress agree's, pass the state gains from oil extraction solely to be invested in education.
    The congress is now in the process of approving this, and a law that makes corruption even more severely punished.

It is in fact really far from a real revolution, more like protests, with the govern doing what they can to make people go to their homes again and stop it.

What most here forget about revolutions, is that no one can win against the people of it's own country.
    Money means nothing without people accepting it, and production halts when people wants it to.
    A North vs South war is different from a real revolution where people stop to contribute to the state.
    Last edited by satanicway; 2013-07-25 at 10:53 AM.

Deleted
    American Soldiers can brought to light by Edward Manning. Some of the Files are truely horrid not on the level of Mylai but still Warcrimes.