Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Need help with reforge

Heya folks first time here. I have been doing a lot of research be it forums or checking top rated hunters around the world. I am having a bit of a conflict here... I'm trying to find a definitive answer for the current content as a BM hunter what is the best stat prio.. i have seen both Crit>hate>mastery as well as Crit>=Mastery> haste. I am considering changing up from the cookie cutter prio. Any and all real help would be greatly appreciated. PS a lot of guides I find are out dated and I just don't trust old information.

I am trying to link my Armory on here but it will not allow me since I have not made enough posts. So my info is Bowjawb - Kil'Jaeden - Horde - Orc Hunter

Please help!

Deleted
    The stat prio as a BM hunter is haste > crit > mastery.

Replace your talisman trinket.. it's awful. (but I guess you might have just been unlucky with drops so far).. crit mastery haste was the prio last tier.. then it changed to crit haste mastery and eventually haste crit mastery due to the combined benefit from it for rppm items and blink strikes.. For your current gear, you'd be fine with crit haste mastery, but as soon as you get 4 pc and good rppm trinks, go haste>crit>mast..

Deleted
    Its all about the number of RPPM item you have that determine when reforge gives you the highest outcome. Crit->x was best last tier and will be your highest bet untill you aquire around 3-4 RPPM items. After this point haste starts to have such a massive advantage that it overtakes crit.

When you have 2 trinkets, 2 & 4 set, meta gem and scope haste just destroys crit in value.

With your current setup go crit still. If you can get your hands on a Bad juju and a Renataki's Soul Charm(Even LFR is better then what you have), then switch to haste.

For your gear crit>haste>mastery would be the best way to go. Haste increases the proc rate of rppm items (i.e. the meta gem, ToT trinkets (Renataki's and Bad Juju are the best) and tier bonuses). Once you get 3-4 of these, going haste>crit>mastery will usually yield more dps. You can use http://simulationcraft.org/ to see which set-up theoretically is better.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! Thank you guys so much for the advice and the explanation of why the prio is what it is. Yes sadly I have had the worst luck and have lost both of those trinkets to a rogue in my guild. But I will continue to coin those bags of gold! And also thanks for the new link.