Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Tend to agree here. They really should have known it wasn't great when they had to start adding caveats like not including fire totems to make it viable. Clunky design like that should have set their alarm bells ringing and as someone mentioned before, if it wasn't workable during MOP beta, why is it now?

It's almost like they wanted to get rid of TR but didn't have anything to fill the spot so just ressed an idea that wasn't great, but would plug the hole in the talent tree and let them pull TR. Perhaps we'll see some improvements later on but for now, I can't see myself ever picking it.

Oh, and did they ever say why TR became a focus for removal? Did the other classes lose their Prep type abilities and they were just clearing them all out or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post
    Oh, and did they ever say why TR became a focus for removal? Did the other classes lose their Prep type abilities and they were just clearing them all out or something?
    My take is it was simply to good. For Grounding especially, but also other totems. A 50% cd reduction is a lot, and totems that dont last long anyway or provide most of their benefit upfront simply benefit so much...

I cant picture shamans complaining about a weird working mechanic or something. It was just to good really if you knew what you're doing. I think it more likely that others whined about it, like always (I think that's likely also the reason behind the dps nerfs (nerfs due to testing my ass)).
    Or blizz considered TR to good mainly in comparison with the other two, and instead of bothering making two others just as good, descided to complete the set with three bad ones.

I cant make any sense of why TP, which only benefits some very few totems (ebt/egt, magma/FEt in pve, CPT), same as CotE (limited to low cd totems) get to stay, but TR, affecting all totems in a cool way, has to go, in favor of a weak, boring talent that makes a unjustified restriction slightly less restrictive, and is likely more situational than TP or CotE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    I think the issue lay mostly with Tremor totem in pvp. With the correct macro you could drop and destroy it immediately resulting in Tremor having a 34 second cd. Which is apparently op even though we are all about anti-cc as opposed to being cc monsters ourselves like most other classes.