Poll: What do you think Warcraft the Movie will be like?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    George Lucas was always in charge of Star Wars. Never prevented the prequel series from being utter bollocks.
    Though the less Lucas was involved with the writing, the better the movies were.

Not sure they are really in the same ball park as each other though. Metzen certainly has issues, but find me a creative director/writer who doesn't!

10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably go where the live action evangelion movie went, which at one point had the same director in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats because before the prequels lucas didnt have full control he wasnt the only one who could decide things.

metzen has always been the big honcho when it comes to wow lore
    I think for the live action movie it will just go the way of LOTR, have 2 large cg mass run at each other for 3 hrs with some of arthas saying something cool.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2013-07-28 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am disappointed about so much CGI, I hope it doesn't flop like John Carter.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bryrida View Post
    john carter didnt fail because of cgi, it failed because of bad marketing.

nobody knew it was based off some legendary novel they just thought it was some crappy alien movie, they did nothing to promote it as a classic scifi story and in fact barely marketed at all.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

If a movie is delayed for as long as this one has been, it's either going to turn out amazing, or (more likely) shoddy. I love WoW, and that fact alone will probably make me like the movie no matter how it turns out. However, I said that same for the Dragon Ball movie and blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

If you're a fan of the Warcraft universe, I think that the movie will be pretty good. If you've never heard of it before, it might bar more on the side of average.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryrida View Post
    John Carter flopped because Disney fucked up big time marketing the damn thing. I mean, they cut the whole "of Mars" bit out of the title because their stupid "Mars Needs Moms" movie flopped and some fucking idiot suit thought it was because of Mars and not because it was a stupid fucking movie with ugly art design and really dumb jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Typically,they will throw in a love triangle. Since Thrall is the goody two-shoes, they will pick a badboy character from lore to woo Jaina. A good candidate is Edwin VanCleef. He's your "Jack Sparrow" of WoW lore pretty much.

With both Kael'thas and Arthas being past love interrests for Jaina, VanCleef or any other random guy is totally unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    If a movie is delayed
    When was it delayed?

All that happened was they were writing and rejecting scripts for six years.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats because before the prequels lucas didnt have full control he wasnt the only one who could decide things.

metzen has always been the big honcho when it comes to wow lore
    He (metzen) hasn't always had the massive influence on the story as he does now.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Though the less Lucas was involved with the writing, the better the movies were.

Not sure they are really in the same ball park as each other though. Metzen certainly has issues, but find me a creative director/writer who doesn't!
    I'm not sure "bad writer" is actually a personal flaw a writer can get away with. Just my two cents. :v
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it animated, and the sky is the limit, i.e., it can be amazing...

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Probably won't tank, but probably won't be anything amazing. I'm sure there will be nice visuals though.

As long as it has tons of action i'll be happy. If the movie goes great then I imagine we'll see a lot of new players coming to wow. It's just so hard to say because of the stigma it has.

Based on most movies based on games...die hard fans will love it...basic regular fans will probably find it to be okay at best, maybe worth seeing once or twice but nothing special...and the rest of the population will look at it like a massive failure. I think it would have done better if the movie was released a few years ago but to me, the time for a world of warcraft movie seems to have come and gone. It has been a massive mess since day one even just finding a director that I just don't see it going too well at this point. But that's just how I feel. It may be worth a watch, but something tells me that only fanboys will find it to be a great movie. The rest of the population will probably find other movies more worth spending money to go see.

And this is just based on what I know about game movies. As much of a Final Fantasy fan that I am, even FFVII Advent Children was decent at best, was worth watching just because I am a fan of the series/game. But as far as when I am wanting to watch a movie goes...it's probably one of the last movies I would pick to watch out of the blue in my entire collection. And not because it was a bad movie, simply because there are better movies that are more satisfying to watch than it is. That's more of a movie I put in just to hear background noise when playing on my computer or cleaning around my apartment.

But being as warcraft seems to be in a steady decline as far as players go, that probably also means the movie will have less and less fans and as I stated earlier it would have been a better idea to release it sooner. It's not like a movie based on superheroes that everybody loves got postponed or delayed or whatever for a matter of years--people who like batman will continue to like batman 50 years from now. But warcraft is a different genre. There are people I know that used to like warcraft, but based on changes made to a game they got a bad taste in their mouth about it and now could probably care less to show any support to the genre. It's just something that happens...

For blizzards sake, I hope they do well. But realistically speaking I just don't see it being a total success. That's just my opinion though. And as much as I would love to see it do well, I just know that at the end of the day it will more than likely just be another movie worth the watch to fans or even people familiar with the warcraft series vs. something your everyday viewer would be interested in. I am sure for the type of movie it is and the crowd it is supposed to appeal to it will do fine. If you are comparing it to mainstream movies that are out today (even in comparison to popular fantasy movies such as Lord of the Rings) it probably won't even be able to hold a candle next to those movies as far as the general population--and critics--are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    I'm assume it's going to be a bit better and less cheesy than other video game movies, but it won't be a rousing success either. I mean, it wouldn't stretch the imagination too much to see it being a lot better than say the Doom movie.
    DOOM is a great example of a film that women have no desire to see. To be fair to DOOM, they tried to keep the budget low at $60 million. That was probably still way to high though. They should have kept it not much higher than $30 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadraline View Post
    Based on most movies based on games...die hard fans will love it...basic regular fans will probably find it to be okay at best, maybe worth seeing once or twice but nothing special...and the rest of the population will look at it like a massive failure. I think it would have done better if the movie was released a few years ago but to me, the time for a world of warcraft movie seems to have come and gone. It has been a massive mess since day one even just finding a director that I just don't see it going too well at this point. But that's just how I feel. It may be worth a watch, but something tells me that only fanboys will find it to be a great movie. The rest of the population will probably find other movies more worth spending money to go see.

And this is just based on what I know about game movies. As much of a Final Fantasy fan that I am, even FFVII Advent Children was decent at best, was worth watching just because I am a fan of the series/game. But as far as when I am wanting to watch a movie goes...it's probably one of the last movies I would pick to watch out of the blue in my entire collection. And not because it was a bad movie, simply because there are better movies that are more satisfying to watch than it is. That's more of a movie I put in just to hear background noise when playing on my computer or cleaning around my apartment.

But being as warcraft seems to be in a steady decline as far as players go, that probably also means the movie will have less and less fans and as I stated earlier it would have been a better idea to release it sooner. It's not like a movie based on superheroes that everybody loves got postponed or delayed or whatever for a matter of years--people who like batman will continue to like batman 50 years from now. But warcraft is a different genre. There are people I know that used to like warcraft, but based on changes made to a game they got a bad taste in their mouth about it and now could probably care less to show any support to the genre. It's just something that happens...

For blizzards sake, I hope they do well. But realistically speaking I just don't see it being a total success. That's just my opinion though. And as much as I would love to see it do well, I just know that at the end of the day it will more than likely just be another movie worth the watch to fans or even people familiar with the warcraft series vs. something your everyday viewer would be interested in. I am sure for the type of movie it is and the crowd it is supposed to appeal to it will do fine. If you are comparing it to mainstream movies that are out today (even in comparison to popular fantasy movies such as Lord of the Rings) it probably won't even be able to hold a candle next to those movies as far as the general population--and critics--are concerned.
    I think every other company would have just given up for those reasons you stated but blizz seems pretty bent on bringing out a movie even considering the budget and honestly all the money they're gonna lose which isn't exactly a drop in the bucket considering what they just had to do and the declining subs which still is a very large chunk of money every month but would take a while to make up what it could lose.

Now if they actually do a good job then I could see between commercials and word of mouth and critics to possibly make it a success. They would have to have very good choreography and very good special effects on top of the good story they should have. That teaser that played during comic con seemed to get a pretty good response but again like you mentioned with the hardcore fans, how many of them were hardcore fans. In the end it does seem like quite a long shot to just break even but i'm not sure they really even care if they do. For those that don't know the budget was last reported to be more than 100 million.

It is a video game movie. Its automatically is "Meh" until proven "Not Meh"
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I think live action is a mistake for this one. And this movie needed to come out years ago, when this game was in full stride as far public perception went.

The next WarCraft movie will be a 8 Film series, It will be the heir of LOTR!
    Assuming they will display on screen the entire Amazing story of Warcraft fully covered - Titans,Old Gods, Alliance, Horde, Chain of events that led us to WoW timeline!

Deleted
    I'm not going to judge the movie based off of assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I'm not sure "bad writer" is actually a personal flaw a writer can get away with. Just my two cents. :v
    I'm not of the opinion either of them are 'bad' writers. Tunnelvisioned, certainly.

George Lucas just needs someone to tell him when he's got a bad idea (Jar Jar, Ewoks slaughtering Stormtroopers, whiney Anakin). Chris Metzen needs someone to remind him the Alliance exist, and maybe even a counterpart who writes for the Alliance on equal terms.