15+ Year Old Account

So what is this "VIGNETTE" stuff in 5.4?

Last edited by Simca; 2013-07-28 at 04:20 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Vignette: a decorative design or small illustration used on the title page of a book or at the beginning or end of a chapter.

Extrapolate from there :P
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignette could be any of those things?

Vignette is a word that originally meant "something that may be written on a vine-leaf." It may refer to:
    Vignette (graphic design), decorative designs in books to separate sections or chapters
    Vignetting in photography, any process by which there is loss in clarity towards the corners and sides of an image
    Vignette (literature), short, impressionistic scenes that focus on one moment or give a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting
    Vignette (road tax), a small, colored sticker affixed to motor vehicles in some European nations to indicate road tolls have been paid
    Vignette Corporation, a commercial software content management system, records and documents management system, portal, and collaboration tools company
    Vignette (vineyard), in viticulture, part of a larger consolidated vineyard.
    Vignette (philately), the central part of a stamp design
    Vignette (psychology), a short description of an event, behavior or person used in a psychology experiment to control information provided to participants
    Vignette, sometimes used to describe an image that is smaller than the original
    Vignette (model), a form of diorama
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

The definition: In theatrical script writing, sketch stories, and poetry, a vignette is a short impressionistic scene that focuses on one moment or gives a trenchant impression about a character, idea, setting, or object.

So i'm guessing it means a scene with some sort of boss was removed? Maybe they put some sort of short little scenes for all those weeklies you posted but felt it got annoying to see them everytime. Best I can come up with.

Oops just saw about this one being a literature definition. Doesn't seem likely this would apply to wow but maybe one of the things posted above me.

probably a cutscene.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-07-28 at 04:27 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Edit: This event was triggered by looting a chest on the Timeless Isle.
    uhhhh well what items did you loot?
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    uhhhh well what items did you loot?
    37 Timeless Coins and 2 Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.

Nothing unique or special.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Maybe just involved in removing the icons on your map?

My best guess would be related to the visibility of the chests.
    Since a vignette can be defined as a visual effect, then maybe the visibility of the chests is a buff or effect in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    Vignette (model), a form of diorama
    Perhaps removal of the chest model, so that you cannot interact with or see others ?