Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think what blizzard is doing is quite laughable i mean sure Spriests got a buff now(but rly who expects to keep more than 1 of them?) While at the same time they have admitted locks to be OP and locks have 3 different specs all good in their own ways and even the state of OP on them didnt prevent blizzard from buffing the only thing affliction was rly competitive already with which is multi dotting. I dont know how you guys feel about it but during ptr testing they were already quite far ahead in spread out multi dotting so this buff is gonna make them retardedly OP in this matter and its not like that type of fights are few and far in between. Oh and when you dont have that type of fights why not just go demo for high single target dps or if you need burst aoe go just go destro. Somehow i feel lucky that i finally lvled up my lock to use as my alt instead of going shadow for 2 healing fights. So im still on the train reroll lock guys cuz shadow just isnt a loved spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Drye! ya cheeky bugger
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Drye! ya cheeky bugger
    be nice to have mind sear dmg scaled up a bit as well

if im not mistaken locks are topping charts in 5.4 ptr.
    they are untouchable, be prepared to be the second hand class

better just all spriest swap to locks.

Quote Originally Posted by trakand View Post

Did they surpass Fire Mages then?

it's been like that the entire expac

Are they topping the charts on ST fights or multi dot fights?

Any time there is a multi dot fight your ST damage is altered, it makes it look like your doing more damage then intended but multi dotting is just another form of aoe or cleave, it's not your actual ST damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just find it funny that they did away with the SWD change because of the chance of big numbers with 4 piece, and then they switched back to double cast and buffed the damage of SWD. Maybe they felt we REALLY needed to spend an extra global on it every time, I suppose it gives us a little more movement during execute phases. Just seems like OMG SWD DOES TOO MUCH DAMAGE, ok QUICK BUFF SWD!

But damn, now they are pretty much just buffing us all around, did not see that coming. Will these changes stick is the question.

Nope. Locks were doing pretty poor dmg compared to arcane mage/rogues. Shadows going to be fine. We'll be able to compete. a good shadow will now beat a bad lock. Which wasn't the case come 5.3.

@soulyouth

Hehehehe

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Similar to the past, a few weeks before patch is mainly for tweaking the damage% for all classes. They usually buff in one extreme, then scale down, modify and eventually can either be small buff or no buff at all right when patch releases. The verdict will arrive when patch releases.

While I am not complaining about being buffed. Why they are buffing dot damage is perplexing. Considering these are the same changes they thought of implementing in earlier MoP patches only to completely remove them days before going live. So I just have this feeling of impending doom with these changes getting once again taken away because most of the new instance has multi-target DoT friendly encounters. Though affliction getting buffed more so than shadow is as well so who knows.

Obviously they arent going to fix shadows issues in the last big content patch of an expansion which is in actuality what we need thus just bandaiding us with DoT dmg increases is seemingly the way to go for now.

I fear for the pvp shadow players though. Good luck next season /cringe.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    I just find it funny that they did away with the SWD change because of the chance of big numbers with 4 piece, and then they switched back to double cast and buffed the damage of SWD. Maybe they felt we REALLY needed to spend an extra global on it every time, I suppose it gives us a little more movement during execute phases. Just seems like OMG SWD DOES TOO MUCH DAMAGE, ok QUICK BUFF SWD!

But damn, now they are pretty much just buffing us all around, did not see that coming. Will these changes stick is the question.
    The devs designed SWD to be double-tapped. A lot of high-end Shadow Priests were not doing this because gaming the ICD on Shadow Orb generation netted a slight DPS increase overall. Changing the ICD from 6.0sec to 7.5sec (probably will be changed to even higher soon to avoid ANY chance of this occurring again, like 8.5sec or even 9.0sec) and buffing the damage makes its DPET higher than basically everything else, meaning the intended use/behavior of the mechanic (doubletap) is how players will play. Removing the ICD edge-case makes it far easier to balance the spec as a whole.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

the prt buffs to shadow death, and VT are great. But, how long do you think it will take before mages complain and blizzard takes away all those benefits. Seems to happen within two weeks of every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollatha View Post
    the prt buffs to shadow death, and VT are great. But, how long do you think it will take before mages complain and blizzard takes away all those benefits. Seems to happen within two weeks of every expansion.
    Why would Mages complain about something like that?

I will flay your mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollatha View Post
    One week, same as in 5.2. We do with this first weeks of normal and when time come for doing hc they *puff*. If it dont happen i will be pleased but im just to skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    Maybe they felt we REALLY needed to spend an extra global on it every time, I suppose it gives us a little more movement during execute phases.
    This is how it should've been buffed in the first place. Even though it was a DPS increase when they made it a single-tap, I hated loosing stuff I can cast while moving. Really glad that didn't go live.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quick! Everyone on the PTR, start playing like a dumbass! Clip those dots a few ticks early every time! THEY'LL NEVER NOTICE

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Changing the ICD from 6.0sec to 7.5sec (probably will be changed to even higher soon to avoid ANY chance of this occurring again, like 8.5sec or even 9.0sec)
    Cooldown increased by 20% (7 sec to 9.5 sec).
    You sir, are a prophet!

Priest (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Shadow Word: Death damage increased by 15%. Cooldown increased by 20% (7 sec to 9.5 sec).
    Shadow Word: Pain damage, SP scaling, and additional damage increased by 25%.

Shadow
    Vampiric Touch damage and SP scaling increased by 17%.

Is this more buffs or just tweaks on the buffs that went out like 3 days ago?

Also I like how they never give straight answers. His go to to response seems to be "Ret is worse off than you"...so fix Ret and fix Shadow..?
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-08-18 at 07:42 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    So with this change to SW:P, we're talking 25% increase to base damage and SP coefficient. The wording done confused me, I'm broken.