Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    There is nothing in levelling that teaches you how to play your class, at least not in any competent way.
    In its current form you are right but when you can hardly kill 2 mobs at the same time, you can learn some skills.
    Be it CC or other kiting tricks. Same goes for group quests and a bit more challening 5m while leveling.
    Sure, you wont be #1 hardcore raider but you should have learned some basics of the game and your class.
    "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

WoW leveling/heroic/LFR difficulty in one line of code:
    do {press (AnyKey)} until MobHealth=0;

Deleted
    it's a part of the game, thanks blizzard that is still so easy to level a toon so at least you learn something of the game you are playing

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Leveling up I want to be max level for something to do. At max level I wish I was leveling again for something to do.
    Accurate assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    There is nothing in levelling that teaches you how to play your class, at least not in any competent way.
    For the most part I agree. Some of us have been playing since launch and have multiple characters; it would be nice if blizz let us create new characters similar to DKs. It'll help reduce the grind to cap.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Was there ever?
    A little bit yes, back when mobs might actually kill you and you couldn't kill them in 2 globals.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    Seriously why do we even have leveling anymore, if there are so many aspects of the game that are meant to bypass it.
    Ask any one who plays wow when does "wow begin" and most of the people would probably say "endgame". Why not just have one character that you can level up to max, and after that every other character you create should already be at max level (unless you check a box that allows you to level it again).

I mean it's actually goten to the point where instead of thinking about ways on how to make leveling more fun or "lets get people more interested in leveling by offering some sort of rewards" they're just adding ways to get more xp and ways to make it go FASTER

That's good thinking, while we're at though I think you should get a full set of heroic gear as well. I mean, the point is to catch up, right? In fact, every account should just come with every class leveled to the max with full heroic gear, max professions and pvp gear/ranks. That way we have an even playing field for all and players that are burdened under the tyranny of "gearing up" can realize their full potential as a 1337 player. I think this will add to the longevity of the game because people don't really like chasing rewards, they just want everything given to them immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by orioxez View Post
    That's good thinking, while we're at though I think you should get a full set of heroic gear as well. I mean, the point is to catch up, right? In fact, every account should just come with every class leveled to the max with full heroic gear, max professions and pvp gear/ranks. That way we have an even playing field for all and players that are burdened under the tyranny of "gearing up" can realize their full potential as a 1337 player. I think this will add to the longevity of the game because people don't really like chasing rewards, they just want everything given to them immediately.
    Are we allowed to report posts like this?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post

The game is about quick fast accessible fun gameplay.
    Sure fucking fooled me. An hour in que for lfr...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    Ask any one who plays wow when does "wow begin" and most of the people would probably say "endgame". Why not just have one character that you can level up to max, and after that every other character you create should already be at max level (unless you check a box that allows you to level it again).

I mean it's actually goten to the point where instead of thinking about ways on how to make leveling more fun or "lets get people more interested in leveling by offering some sort of rewards" they're just adding ways to get more xp and ways to make it go FASTER
    Can you blame them. If you see the leveling process you see the age of the game maybe the best, compared with newer MMORPG's.
    The quests are boring, the story is single told through quest text and even feels pathetic onesided after the revamp. There is zero difference in the quest experience. If you've done it once, it will be all the same the next time. There is no difference in class, no difference in race, no personal involvement of your character in the story. The only difference in story when questing, might be faction specific and even then sometimes not even that. Nothing you do (or don't do) has an effect on the outcome of the story whatsoever.
    Last edited by mmoc51949ba2e4; 2013-07-30 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    I think you should still have to level your character, just so you get a basic idea of each ability (not an actual understanding necessarily, but you get to at least use your abilities). Pre-made characters of a class you havn't played before is slightly too much in my experience from beta and the like.

that being said - I hate leveling (it's only really fun for me if either a) I'm doing RaF and get 2+ levels per instance, or b) race for server first with people on voice comms.
    So I'm all for level boosts as long as they don't cost anything for me. (outside of perhaps gold).