Deleted

So I'm starting a blog (Pointers/tips?)

In between mapping (GIVEMESOURCE2BITCHESSSSS), family and WoW I like to write.

I've decided its about goddamn time I made a blog and I've gone down this route: http://weeksinwarcraft.weebly.com/

Be gentle. Would just like some tips really for anyone out there with a blog - by that I mean I don't want to look like a blogging noob.

I'm open to crit.

DO IT.

Deleted
    My advice is choose another subject, warcraft blogs have been done to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice is don't try to be funny if you aren't.

1) You have to blog often, or people won't follow you

2) Use social media to connect with potential readers, but be genuine about it

3) Find a niche (subject expertise, humor, etc.)

4) Try to reach out to other bloggers for support so you can share links, guest blog and support each other

5) Advertise your blog in your signature on content related forums and frequent them often

6) Make a blog that is professional looking and easy on the eyes (no red letters on black backgrounds, etc)

7) Write about what you are comfortable with, and write at your level. Don't try to sound too smart, or it will turn people off.

8) Try to include a lot of links, especially to other posts on your blog so people can easily find more of your content. It will increase your view count.

9) Don't use walls of text (break up paragraphs, even if it should technically all be one paragraph), and use bullet points where you can for people who "scan"

10) Use pictures, always use pictures. It helps break up the text and increase interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and 11) You really have to CONSTANTLY ask yourself: "is this something people are going to give a shit about, and why?"

So, your blog:

- Is fairly visual, that's good.
    - The white writing on the black background isn't easy on the eyes
    - Your lead in is kind of a snoozer..."I don't know what it is about Warcraft, but when I started playing back in BC (Before Christ) I've never really been able to shake it..."

You don't have a tremendous amount of time to capture a potential reader, and if you don't make a good, fast first impression, they might never give you a second chance...

Good luck!

One last thing...

...A wise man once told me that if you aren't willing to blog at least 2-3 days a week for six months without getting any traffic, don't bother blogging.
    Last edited by Killadrix; 2013-07-26 at 08:53 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the input. I'm working on a new scheme for the site (New colours, easier on the eyes and all that.) Should be up in a day or so.

I'm getting around 72 hits a day. I'm really beginning to enjoy this.

http://weeksinwarcraft.weebly.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I use Wordpress.

I have five blogs, each for a different thing:

1. Human Interest

2. Video Games

3. Anime

4. Fanfiction

5. Literature (not Fanfiction)

Wordpress lets you make as many blogs as you want though for most people I would stress no more than 2 or 3 at the most.

I've had my blogs going for a bit over a year now so if you'd like tips and etc. feel free to ask.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    My advice is choose another subject, warcraft blogs have been done to death.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with a Warcraft Blog. @OP: Work on it constantly or else you'll lag behind....like me.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-07-30 at 01:15 AM. Reason: DOUBLE NEGATIVES AMIRITE?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

My advice?

Don't be fake.

It's painfully easy for most readers to tell when a writer is trying too hard. Just... don't even try it. You'll regret it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    My advice?

Don't be fake.

It's painfully easy for most readers to tell when a writer is trying too hard. Just... don't even try it. You'll regret it.
    I see this phrase a lot. What the heck does it mean?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi