Must have MoP flying in order to unlock certain quests?

OK i never knew this until I petitioned a GM last night because I was on an alt and I didnt know where my progress was unlocking the Golden Lotus dailies. His response kind of shocked me. I was on a class I didnt really feel like dropping 2500 gold on for flying because I didnt play it much. I wanted to unlock the Golden Lotus dailies in order to farm cloth at the endless spawn guys in Mistfall village. I didnt know where I abandoned the quest line and after seaching the temple for Anduin and the NPCs for the follow up quests I petitioned. The GM said I had to buy MoP flying in order to unlock the rest of the quests. He even said there were a few other factions that also required flying to do them. While to me gold is meaningless I just found that odd. What if a new player just hi 90 and wanted to do dailies so he can unlock the vendors in order to progress his gear? He did make some gold while leveling but along the way blew it all buying TBC level flying or maybe a few level 90 blues to fill out his gear so he could queue for Heroics. Just seems like a dick move to force him to go out a grind another 2500 gold.

Im just trying to look at this from the perspective of someone who maybe doesnt know all of the gold making secrets yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    OK i never knew this until I petitioned a GM last night because I was on an alt and I didnt know where my progress was unlocking the Golden Lotus dailies. His response kind of shocked me. I was on a class I didnt really feel like dropping 2500 gold on for flying because I didnt play it much. I wanted to unlock the Golden Lotus dailies in order to farm cloth at the endless spawn guys in Mistfall village. I didnt know where I abandoned the quest line and after seaching the temple for Anduin and the NPCs for the follow up quests I petitioned. The GM said I had to buy MoP flying in order to unlock the rest of the quests. He even said there were a few other factions that also required flying to do them. While to me gold is meaningless I just found that odd. What if a new player just hi 90 and wanted to do dailies so he can unlock the vendors in order to progress his gear? He did make some gold while leveling but along the way blew it all buying TBC level flying or maybe a few level 90 blues to fill out his gear so he could queue for Heroics. Just seems like a dick move to force him to go out a grind another 2500 gold.

Im just trying to look at this from the perspective of someone who maybe doesnt know all of the gold making secrets yet.
    I'm bad with gold. Really bad. And even I can sneeze out 2500g in a couple hours.

Plus, dailies that require flight to begin/get to have been a fixture since dailies were introduced in TBC - when the 1000 gold for your first flyer was a lot harder to grind out than the 2500 is at 90. This is not something new and insanely difficult.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    I'm bad with gold. Really bad. And even I can sneeze out 2500g in a couple hours.

Plus, dailies that require flight to begin/get to have been a fixture since dailies were introduced in TBC - when the 1000 gold for your first flyer was a lot harder to grind out than the 2500 is at 90. This is not something new and insanely difficult.
    Like I said I dont have problems with gold at all unless having too much is a problem. But gold sellers are in business and making millions of dollars every year for a reason so obviously 2500 is hard for some people.

Deleted
    Like I said I dont have problems with gold at all unless having too much is a problem. But gold sellers are in business and making millions of dollars every year for a reason so obviously 2500 is hard for some people.
    to be honest, that's probably more lazyness than actual struggle. If you decide you want to grind the 2.500 gold, you just do 2 - 4 chains of daily quests from a hub on your mane character and you'll have it easily. Or you grind some herbs/leather/ore to sell and you make it within the same time span.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Im saying I dont have problems with gold at all unless having too much is a problem. But gold sellers are in business and making millions of dollars every year for a reason so obviously 2500 is hard for some people.
    Point is, ever since flying mounts and dailies were first introduced, there have ALWAYS been some that required a flying mount to start or complete (Netherwing, Skettis, Ogri'la, etc). Hell, you had to have flying mounts to run some of the level 70 dungeons or get to one of the raids! This is not something new, and it's far easier than it used to be. And the idea that people buy gold for flight training is ludicrous. Back in TBC when grinding out 5000 for epic flight took weeks or months, sure. You know what people buy gold for nowadays? 40,000G epic blacksmithing weapons and 200,000G+ rare mounts, along with insanely priced BMAH items.

Fallacious argument is fallacious.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

You know what people buy gold for nowadays? 40,000G epic blacksmithing weapons and 200,000G+ rare mounts, along with insanely priced BMAH items.
    Fallacious argument is fallacious.
    Not to sound like a smartass but how do you know what people buying gold are using it for? When I was at a million gold and had to start selling it I never delivered more than 15k to someone. Seeing how most TSs cost around 15-25k to level up chances are it wasnt for that. Also definitely not for buying 700k Spectral Tigers.

Another option: You can do the Cloud Serpent dailies. Once you get exalted, they give you a Cloud Serpent that can fly in Pandaria. No gold grind, at least :3 And you raise the thing. It's adorable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantastic View Post
    Another option: You can do the Cloud Serpent dailies. Once you get exalted, they give you a Cloud Serpent that can fly in Pandaria. No gold grind, at least :3 And you raise the thing. It's adorable.
    Interesting! Never knew that!

Deleted
    i know what youre saying mate. my priest has 93k & i'm too tight to buy the 310% flying for her, seems such a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantastic View Post
    Are you sure this works? You would need a friend with a passenger flying mount to get to some of the quests/onyx eggs, but if the cloud serpent works in Pandaria without the flying then it's something to look into.

Go run some old raids, get the pets that drop and sell them, along with all the trash drops and whatnot. That should put enough gold in your pocket.

Deleted
    I have this crazy idea: How about saving all the gold you make while leveling up to buy the flying mount skill? It has worked like that since TBC, so why shouldn't it work now? It's very rare for me to have under 500g when I'm done with TBC, 1k when I'm done with Northrend and almost 3k when I'm at 90. Just learn to sell your stuff from the bags.

That's at least if you quest and not bot BGs.

Then you aren't really bad with gold. That's a lot to many people. It shouldn't be unaffordable of course, but it's still quite expensive for something mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaen View Post
    Are you sure this works? You would need a friend with a passenger flying mount to get to some of the quests/onyx eggs, but if the cloud serpent works in Pandaria without the flying then it's something to look into.
    It's a regular flying mount, you need the skill to use it.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account

I made 10k gold purely from questing in MoP. On my alts I leveled after the xp reduction, I made 6k gold. Regardless if you plan on playing that toon alot, chances are at some point you'll probably revisit Pandaria to complete achievements or get certain items and what not. Chances are you probably won't have 2500 gold sitting around at that point. I look at buying flying as an investment, because somehow, someway, I'm going to need it at some point on my alts. And instead of spending that gold when I'm trying to save it, I'd rather dish it out now when I can afford it.

But that's just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I have this crazy idea: How about saving all the gold you make while leveling up to buy the flying mount skill?
    you should have at least 3000g by the time you finish going leveling through pandaria if your questing.