Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Looks at subs: 7,700,000
    Looks at GW/SWTOR/Rest of the MMOWorld: Below 3M, hmm ye WoW is doing fine =)
    How many of those players are on the US/EU realms, as opposed to the asian ones (that very few people on the site will ever encounter) where it's rather likely having a couple of dollars of game time is counted as an "active" account by Blizzard? Not that people playing on EU does you any good at all if you're in the US, and vice versa.

WoW is not doing "fine". WoW is still profitable to the developers, but the number of ghost realms where pugging a raid is all but dead is at an all time high, because of however million actual players there still are, they're spread across more servers around the world with region barriers than there have ever been. It makes me wonder if people are deliberately being incredibly dense about this with so many people saying "oh shit, my realm is dead", or just quitting because encountering strangers in their online fantasy game has become so uncommon that it's souring their view of the genre. Even better that, though they may not be able to form a group in trade to achieve anything, they can still venture out into the open world and maybe encounter *someone* around the same level questing from another realm, if they're playing PvP they'll sure as hell be able to encounter some level 90 douchebag patrolling said lower level zone looking for people to kill and camp.

The game is very literally falling apart at the seams. Some are still playing on the super realms, and they don't notice the decreases so much, because as one person quits the game, another gets sick of their dead realm and moves over to replace them (or near enough), and the new realm mergers will patch it up for a while. However, sooner or later you'll be arguing "WoW still has 5 million players", again even though that might mean 1 million max still playing in your entire region, let alone their activity levels. Then perhaps at 2.5 million "it's still about the same size of all it's rivals", not that it'll help your once swarming server form a pug.

The game needs a drastic revamp and with more content for casual players. The best thing for it right now would be getting rid of the idiots who get upset about casual players walking around with epics 40 ilvls lower than their own. Just let them identify themselves by whining on the forums, then ban their accounts. It'd be brilliantly easy, ban the one and his loudmouth friends would identify themselves sulking about it. 20,000 less self-important elitists and maybe new players might start encountering nicer people in their random dungeons and making friends, instead of not bothering to talk due to previous bad experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Multiboxers piss me off. Blizz needs to make it so you can multibox more than 3 if any at all.
    Don't be silly they would prob lose another 50k+ subs if they prevented multiboxing..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    there was a guy on sodapoppins stream once that was a 20-40man mutliboxer, crazy, all had blizzard store mounts, he must have spent at least a $1000 on WoW :s
    Hmmm 1000$... You should count how much you spend on WoW, I bet I'm around 5000$ with transfer, 3 accounts, shop, and more...

Just Vanilla + 4 Expansion + 8 years of WoW = ~2500$

Is it 10 wow subs per account? Since mounts are bound to the account, he probably only bought 4 of them for 40 toons...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Is it 10 wow subs per account? Since mounts are bound to the account, he probably only bought 4 of them for 40 toons...
    yes, you can have 10 wow per B-net account.. BUT!!! 2 of the of subs are PTR and Beta accounts, so you can only have 8 (playable on live server) accounts pr B-net account.
    all the comments about the money spent here.. you should keep in mind the the economy is very different around the world. if you look at some of the EU contrey 15wow accounts would cost and equal of 2-3 months pay.. in other contreys it would be equal to 1 days work..
    in my case (sence this post is about my multiboxing team, and my spectral tigers) on an over average Norwegian pay, 1 spectral tiger loot card = a 2 days pay

what you see might be an insane amount of money in your contrey, with your pay, or if you are a student or what ever.. keep in mind that we dont have the same economy