Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    "Arthas used what remained of his dwindling necromatic power to recreate Sapphiron as a frost wyrm".
    In the cutscene showing him resurrect Sapphiron, Arthas says "At least I still have enough power to do this".
    That was DK Arthas, not the LK. At the time, his necromantic power came through Frostmourne.

EDIT: I looked at it the WC3 level, Arthas swings Frostmourne at Sapphiron's corpse when he raises him as a frostwyrm.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-01 at 11:21 PM.

The power of the Lich King isn't solely in the sword, it's in the armor too. The Lich King raised wyrms in W3 and sent them to aid Arthas during the mission where you kill Blackrock orcs. Even necromancers can bring raise undead dragons as seen in Dragonblight+Icecrown. There is nothing that says Frostmourne is needed to raise dragons, just because Arthas uses it to assist him doesn't mean that's the only way to use necromancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    The power of the Lich King isn't solely in the sword, it's in the armor too. The Lich King raised wyrms in W3 and sent them to aid Arthas during the mission where you kill Blackrock orcs. Even necromancers can bring raise undead dragons as seen in Dragonblight+Icecrown. There is nothing that says Frostmourne is needed to raise dragons, just because Arthas uses it to assist him doesn't mean that's the only way to use necromancy.
    Fine, I concede that Frostmourne isn't necessary to raise frostwyrms. It's more like a Focusing Iris for amplifing necromantic energy, making it easier to raise them. But Bolvar is a pretty weak LK ATM, there's no way he can raise frostwyrms without Frostmourne if he can't even control all the Scourge. He also has no experience with raising new undead.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-01 at 11:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That was DK Arthas, not the LK. At the time, his necromantic power came through Frostmourne.

EDIT: I looked at it the WC3 level, Arthas swings Frostmourne at Sapphiron's corpse when he raises him as a frostwyrm.
    Edit: Oh sorry, ignore this since you already responded to pretty much the same thing.

His power came through Frostmourne but largely from the Lich King. Frostmourne's obviously strong as heck, but it was the power channeled by Ner'zhul that was buffing Arthas up and allowing him to successfully fight his way to Icecrown, hence why he was weakening as power seeped out of the Frozen Throne. He mentions having enough power left to raise Sapphiron because he's been losing the Lich Kings power; Frostmourne's powers don't dwindle, so it wouldn't make sense to mention his failing powers if it was something Frostmourne let him do.

He swings Frostmourne because that's his attack/ cast animation. But besides, channeling power through his runeblade doesn't mean his runeblade is the source of the power.

Generic Necromancers were raising countless dragons across Dragonblight and in some parts of Icecrown as frost and emberwyrms. Surely if they can do it without Frostmourne, the Lich King could manage it.

Calm your tits, I was just making up an easily understandable term to describe what was happening in the cinematic. Frostmourne collects and controls souls, hence "soul energy".
    Wrong again its the Helm of Domination that "Controls" Souls. Frostmourne is just the vessel. Think about it, did Uther or Terenas Menthil look like he was in a controlled state when they were talking back to Arthas within Frostmourne?

What do any of those things have to do with the LK? Show me something that says the LK can raise dragons without using Frostmourne. Because that clip clearly shows him using the sword to do it.
    I already gave several very specific examples of how easy it is to kill a Blue Dragon and turn it undead in this game. Maybe the Blue Glow was Arthas injecting Sindragosa with an Eternal Frost Element most Liches have. Emberwyrms raised by Necromancers in the Ruby Dragonshrine are burning and they are made by common Necromancers. Also there are Vrykul at the Sindragosa's Fall raising baby and Adult Frost Drakes without Frostmourne so you arguement is again Moot. Frostmourne only "Helped" raise the one of the biggest in one shot. Galkarond was about to be raised and not by the Lich King just to make my point even more clear.

I read your post, everything about Frostmourne allowing merge/audience with the LK is from the RPG. It's not canon.
    To sum up my point, Bolvar could come back, Wrathion could try to convince him to help. That was the idea. The How is why we are arguing in the first place. Saying what could happen in theory is not Canon is moot because it hasn't happened yet (if it ever could) is redundant. Frostmourne may yet be nothing but pure evil and not a microphone so that idea may be a dud but back to the beginning if Wrathion wants to use everything and everyone at his disposal Bolvar should be among them.

Agreed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Wrong again its the Helm of Domination that "Controls" Souls. Frostmourne is just the vessel. Think about it, did Uther or Terenas Menthil look like he was in a controlled state when they were talking back to Arthas within Frostmourne?
    Controlling souls is different than mind-controlling them. Dismembodying them, trapping them, and attaching them to different vessels is controlling them without mind-controlling them.

Controlling souls is different than mind-controlling them. Dismembodying them, trapping them, and attaching them to different vessels is controlling them without mind-controlling them.
    Frostmourne may be evil but it still is a tool of evil with no will of it's own. It may be a hazy line between the Lich King and Frostmourne but it is made clear ever now and again that Arthas is in charge and calling ALL of the shots for the Scourge. He even mentions to ever Deathknight in the Ebon Hold that their will is bound to him and he is clearly not speaking on behalf of his sword.

You have to have a will of your own to get others to follow it; the sword has never done anything that the Lich King didn't tell it to do. Vessel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Frostmourne may be evil but it still is a tool of evil with no will of it's own. It may be a hazy line between the Lich King and Frostmourne but it is made clear ever now and again that Arthas is in charge and calling ALL of the shots for the Scourge. He even mentions to ever Deathknight in the Ebon Hold that their will is bound to him and he is clearly not speaking on behalf of his sword.

You have to have a will of your own to get others to follow it; the sword has never done anything that the Lich King didn't tell it to do. Vessel.
    WTF are you talking about? I never said Frostmourne had a will of its own. Just because a tool can control something doesn't mean the tool has a will of its own. Obviously it still needs a wielder.

"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit." Doesn't matter how good the wielder is, their soul will be damage by Frostmourne.

Deleted
    "When asked about will Arthas come back, Greg Street indicated that Arthas is dead. But Lich King is immortal. There is always next generation of Lich King. So we will consider the story between Lich King and the Burning Legions.

Put the pieces together, we can speculate that Burning Legions will back to Azeroth, Lich King may be the main force against the Burning Legions."

If you have half a brain, you see here that "Ghostcarb" as they called him in another article simply explained that the Lich King isn't dead. From this, the Chinese people assumed there would be something involving him in the next expansions.

The Lich King being immortal was WELL KNOWN BEFORE EVEN WotLK CAME (sorry for caps, I want the gullible people to read this so they understand) so if you think about it for even half a second, you'll understand that this chinese site misinterpreted it entirely.

By the way guys, this thread isn't about Frostmourne.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, look at their articles...

http://2p.com/685812_1/WoW-60-Rise-of-the-Legion-drafts-and-T17-Gears-Leaked.htm

Given how they make up an entire article from the fanart of a member here, then no they have no credibility whatsoever.
    Either they are intentionally being misleading and using that content to get page views, or they are stupid enough to believe it is genuine.
    Either way they cannot be trusted.

Deleted
    Considering that the site made an article about "WoW 6.0 Rise of the Legion and T17 Gears Leaked" based purely on fan art which has been posted here in MMO-C... you should avoid that web page like plague. It's a disgrace.

Same old Burning Legion is boring. World of Warcraft: The Flaming Legion would be fabulous.
    The armor models for that expansion would be fabulous

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Ghostcrawler Teased Next Lich King and Burning Legions
    http://bit.ly/16a5B8p

Can this site be trusted?

Only time I'll click a bit.ly url is on Twitter. No reason to use link disguisers/shortneners on a forum.

I don't see how another Burning Legion expansion would necessarily be 'boring' given that WOTLK was really just revisiting and explanding upon the Scourge theme which dominated the 'finale' of Vanilla. That of course, and the Burning Legion were only a fraction of what went on in Outland and TBC; Illidan, Kael'thas and Vashj each having spear-headed different themes/story arcs. Personally I would deem a Burning Legion expansion to be the most likely; but then I didn't think MoP was a very likely one at all, once Cataclysm was said and done; so they could just as easily throw us a curve ball.

Burning legion expac has huge potential, especially if they involve the titans.

Stop thinking that legion expansion means "we go to argus, it's a lot like outland but more purple, and fight the same old demons there".

Imagine if we repaired the exodar and used it as a hub while we travel to all sorts of planets throughout the course of the expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Ghostcrawler Teased Next Lich King and Burning Legions
    http://bit.ly/16a5B8p

Can this site be trusted?
    Can Ghostcrawler be trusted?

Ghostcrawler, the pos that unleashed cute cuddly pandas into a war game, an obnoxious forum troll himself, should not be trusted with any statements he may make on what will happen in WoW.

Saying that the lich king is still alive does not mean that they're going to base an expansion around him. They just said he's still there. That's it. Anyone thinking he'll be involved is reading way too much into a simple statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    There probably just hire a writer to make a short story about bolvar contemplating his existence on the frozen throne and how he hears whispers, but wins against them.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    Didn't the Legion, more specifically Kil'Jaeden create the Lich King? When he imprisoned Ner'Zhul? What chance does the Lich King stand going up against the Legion then?
    By that logic, a child can't kill its mother. And I remember reading about this kid who shot both his parents because they wouldn't let him play Halo.

The Lich King could kill KJ AND Sargeras for not letting him have fun on his own terms.