Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Resil base 72% / battle fatigue 55%

65% atm + 3.54% resil with double trinks.

this means you will be at ~75% resil with double pvp trinks and be able to push 80% gemmed for it in 5.4

my thinking is its a good change.. i would have rather it came through gear but whatever. 80% makes resil gem even with the ghetto gems worthwhile.

what do you think?
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-08-12 at 05:52 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    twitted by holinka - i'm too lazy to screen shot it atm but you can check his twitter to source

65% atm + 3.54% resil with double trinks.

this means you will be at ~75% resil with double pvp trinks and be able to push 80% gemmed for it in 5.4

my thinking is its a good change.. i would have rather it came through gear but whatever. 80% makes resil gem even with the ghetto gems worthwhile.

what do you think?
    I like it. Agree I would rather have it come from gear as well. But this also seems to even out those classes that had the active mitigation taken away (my mains a shadow priest). Seems like a good move.

Durka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durka View Post
    I like it. Agree I would rather have it come from gear as well. But this also seems to even out those classes that had the active mitigation taken away (my mains a shadow priest). Seems like a good move.

Durka

yea.. the thing that sucks for several classes incl. the ones we play is the 10% battle fatigue increase.. but obv that had to happen even though the change was targeted at healers i guess.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    yea.. the thing that sucks for several classes incl. the ones we play is the 10% battle fatigue increase.. but obv that had to happen even though the change was targeted at healers i guess.
    Now if they only buff the pvp power effect to hybrid heals in particular, then I think they accomplished what they want Our dps is the same, we take the same amount of dmg and have the same self heals, yet it will be slightly easier to get a kill on a disc priest LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    why do they insist on making resil baseline? Just put pvp stats on the actual gear that way there is no contest between a pvper and a pver in a pvp situation.

The numbers sound good to me....I still think they should just make pvp gear and pve gear pretty much the same and then make them scale down in bgs/arenas/raids/heroics...

Like this..: you have an ilvl 500 pvp piece that scales down to lets say 476 in pve instances. Then you have a 500 pve piece that scales down to 476 on instanced pvp places...

and then, if they both fight in world pvp, well, then both would probably have same stats and let the best one win....(or the one who waited til the other was almost dead against npcs/mobs)

/shrug...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    why do they insist on making resil baseline? Just put pvp stats on the actual gear that way there is no contest between a pvper and a pver in a pvp situation.
    I'm mostly a PvPer myself and i agree with their decision.

Fighting someone in full heroic gear out in the world sucks but it is quite rare. Getting two shotted while gearing up sucks a lot more and it happens to everyone.

On topic
    I was guessing more like 70% resil / 55% bf. Stacking resil will probably get you to 76-77% resil now which is high.

We'll be doing less damage next season. I dont remember a season where all damage was reduced. Just a taste of item squish i guess
    Last edited by ipoststuff; 2013-08-12 at 07:08 PM.

But dude, the LOLFR mouth breathers need to feel like their "epics" are powerful, even in PvP.

That is an odd number... i wish they can just bring back baseline 40% resil and give resil to pvp gear, SIMPLE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I'm mostly a PvPer myself and i agree with their decision.

Fighting someone in full heroic gear out in the world sucks but it is quite rare. Getting two shotted while gearing up sucks a lot more and it happens to everyone.
    Well you aren't getting 2 shot, but you still stand no chance against geared players. Not much of a difference imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you aren't getting 2 shot, but you still stand no chance against geared players. Not much of a difference imo.
    Much of a difference imo.

You'll be doing mostly group pvp for gearing. If you dont have pvp gear you'll do less damage/healing. You'll be lower on the kill list. It used to be the opposite. If you didnt have pvp gear, people enjoyed killing you with their omgcrits.

Ofc you'll be at disadvantage if you have low gear coz thats the point of gear. But you can still be useful to your team, have fun and win. No base resil and you end up being a critter, dying on right-click.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    That is an odd number... i wish they can just bring back baseline 40% resil and give resil to pvp gear, SIMPLE.
    Nothing odd about it. Its a baseline 20% reduction in damage from current. This long with the 10% trinket bonus should more than offset the damage from gear increase.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    But dude, the LOLFR mouth breathers need to feel like their "epics" are powerful, even in PvP.
    If you're losing to mouthbreathers in LFR gear, what's that say about your skill level? If you're not losing to them, what are you mad about?

at what point will they realize that burst is so ridiculously out of control that they might even have to nerf some classes?

seriously. 80% damage reduction?

Deleted
    You just outlined the main reason that made it baseline in your own post man. They want PvP gear to give you an advantage over PvE gear, not equal instant domination. They're right too, having to ''slog through certain defeat'' just so you can even stand a chance was not fun or interesting. Lots of players would get tired of PvPing before it even properly started for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Much of a difference imo.

You'll be doing mostly group pvp for gearing. If you dont have pvp gear you'll do less damage/healing. You'll be lower on the kill list. It used to be the opposite. If you didnt have pvp gear, people enjoyed killing you with their omgcrits.

Ofc you'll be at disadvantage if you have low gear coz thats the point of gear. But you can still be useful to your team, have fun and win. No base resil and you end up being a critter, dying on right-click.
    QFT. I used to call it the ''smell of no resilience'' when I got a sudden unexplained huge crit. That person was then priority one if I saw them again.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree the change is definitely needed, I'm shocked at how late they are on changing the fundamentals. With that being said, another tweet had this information. This individual blue was saying, "We've realized burst is an issue on the ptr... so and so... increasing resil and bf..." It's ridiculous it's gone on this long. Having absolutely no control over your character due to crowd-control, while getting burst, is no fun at all for anyone. I'm happy said changes are being implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    at what point will they realize that burst is so ridiculously out of control that they might even have to nerf some classes?

seriously. 80% damage reduction?
    whats wrong with high base resil? Why go through nerfing everyone and then balance them again for pve and then again for pvp while you can just change one value?

just adding a twitter link for confirmation since it was missing from the original post:

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/366229664001298432

Holinka .@KymScally We'll be increasing base resilience to 72% and battle fatigue to 55%. We'll test and decide whether to re-tune.

What is the point of gearing up if they need to slide this forward each patch? This defeats the entire meaning of gear.

Because there was nothing fun about hitting 90 on an alt and literally getting 1 shot in BGs while you tried to gear up? I was able to get my Monk fully geared in 3 days after hitting 90, and I wasn't getting globaled by everybody so I could actually be useful. In AB I could actually defend nodes, whereas before I would die so fast it didn't matter. Was actually a really good change, and from a PvP perspective there's no reason you'd ever use PvE gear unless there's a broken trinket (which gets fixed fast, plus next patch the PvP trinket bonus will be good)

Anyway

Decent changes, not entirely sure it'll fix everything but it will certainly help. Although it may be a bit too high, guess time will tell.