Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I admit, I like BGs, so this is not an onerous requirement. But it used to be true that Blizzard didn't require someone to pvp to complete a pve objective (and vice versa).
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Really I am 3 hours in 0 wins .. and that is running que after que.

I have zero pvp gear. Mainly cause I fucking hate pvp.

Winning two BGs on your server may be no big deal on Alliance in Cenarion Circle it obviously is.

Has there been any word if they are going to remove this shit in 5.4 if so I will stop wasting my time.
    You don't even need PvP gear anymore with baseline resilience it's easy mode. Maybe find a few friends to do some games with you. Honestly if your having this hard of a time with the BGs you'll probably cut your wrists when it comes to secrets of the empire and titan runestones.

Those two BGs are pretty easy. I mean come on, you need to win only two of them. That shouldn't take more than 8 trys... In addition both bgs are short, so it should go very fast. Should be done in less than 4 hours. I managed to win both BGs first try, so it took less than 1 hour. Oh and I joined them without any kind of PvP gear.

Runestones and Sigils are fare more annoying than those two bgs. The terrible thing about step 2 are not those bgs. The terrible part is that 6000 VP timesink crap (ok, ok, now you only need 3000)...
    Last edited by josykay; 2013-08-02 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo all those in favor of doing the PvP quest. How do you think strickly PvP players would feel if they had to complete ToT on Normal for some awesome PvP item which you cannot get by doing just PvP? (I used normal as the example because you literally can AFK the entire time.)

They would flip the hell out!

I sympathize with the PvE players who are forced into BG's for this quests. 1 Player does not win a BG. If you get stuck in a BG with a bunch of derps you are bound to lose. Even if you only have to win 2 BG's that can take all day, if not a few days, if you have bad luck. This sort of bad luck is not as bad as item drop RnG though. for this quest, you actually have to be part of a group and work together against real players, not scripted battles, real unpredictable players. Would be quite easy if you got some friends together, but if you go at it alone, it can be a nightmare.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Sooo all those in favor of doing the PvP quest. How do you think strickly PvP players would feel if they had to complete ToT on Normal for some awesome PvP item which you cannot get by doing just PvP? (I used normal as the example because you literally can AFK the entire time.)

They would flip the hell out!

I sympathize with the PvE players who are forced into BG's for this quests. 1 Player does not win a BG. If you get stuck in a BG with a bunch of derps you are bound to lose. Even if you only have to win 2 BG's that can take all day, if not a few days, if you have bad luck. This sort of bad luck is not as bad as item drop RnG though. for this quest, you actually have to be part of a group and work together against real players, not scripted battles, real unpredictable players. Would be quite easy if you got some friends together, but if you go at it alone, it can be a nightmare.
    Running a normal mode raid to completetion is no way comparable to 2 battlegrounds. Maybe 1 or 2 wings of LFR would be used better.

It's an RNG thing again. Eventually you'll get an opposing team that's even worse than your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Min-maxing PvPers have been forced to do a PvE boss (Nalak, Sha, VoA, ...) every week and farm raids for trinkets/set bonusses for multiple expansions.
    I dont think you get it. The items from Nalak, Sha, Voa etc were accessibly via alternate PvP means. You could achieve them without the PvE component.
    As for the trinkets, if you want to use PvE trinkets for PvP, that is the price you pay. The trinkets are designed as PvE and poor planning on Blizzard is what caused them to be attractive to PvP.
    The Legendary quest stops dead if you don't complete the PvP requirements. There is no way around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Those two BGs are pretty easy. I mean come on, you need to win only two of them. That shouldn't take more than 8 trys... In addition both bgs are short, so it should go very fast. Should be done in less than 4 hours. I managed to win both BGs first try, so it took less than 1 hour. Oh and I joined them without any kind of PvP gear.

Runestones and Sigils are fare more annoying than those two bgs. The terrible thing about step 2 are not those bgs. The terrible part is that 6000 VP timesink crap (ok, ok, now you only need 3000)...
    The thing is, at least when you do the PvE content, you are not just hoping to get quest items, you also have a chance at other upgrades, and you are working on getting upgrades for the rest of your raid.

With PvP, you are getting useless PvP points. It has no bearing on your PvE performance at all. It is a waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Min-maxing PvPers have been forced to do a PvE boss (Nalak, Sha, VoA, ...) every week and farm raids for trinkets/set bonusses for multiple expansions.
    Not forced. You can get that same gear if you only PvP. The legendary you can not get at all if you do not do some PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same way they have felt for over 3 expansions before blizzard finally separated competitive pvp and high end PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Running a normal mode raid to completetion is no way comparable to 2 battlegrounds. Maybe 1 or 2 wings of LFR would be used better.
    I didn't want to use LFR in my example because you can AFK or force yourself to die on every boss and still succeed. in PvP if you lay AFK or do absolutely nothing, you are running a bigger risk of failing. each player is much more important to a PvP group than they are in a PvE LFR group.

I didn't want to use LFR in my example because you can AFK or force yourself to die on every boss and still succeed. in PvP if you lay AFK or do absolutely nothing, you are running a bigger risk of failing. each player is much more important to a PvP group than they are in a PvE LFR group.
    I disagree, the difficulty of winning a random bg is much closer to the difficulty of running lfr than it is to doing normal tot, it's not even close. I think the best analogue would be asking a group of full tyrannical pvpers to complete a heroic scenario, challenging but doable. There's been a daily quest to win a daily bg for the past few years and I don't see people complaining it's so hard they can't win one bg a day, I used to do it in pve gear when I was farming a bit of conquest gear on the side (it was a pve upgrade).
    Last edited by Mizzet; 2013-08-02 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    I disagree, the difficulty of winning a random bg is much closer to the difficulty of running lfr than it is to doing normal tot, it's not even close. I think the best analogue would be asking a group of full tyrannical pvpers to complete a heroic scenario, challenging but doable. There's been a daily quest to win a daily bg for the past few years and I don't see people complaining it's so hard they can't win one bg a day, I used to do it in pve gear when I was farming a bit of conquest gear on the side (it was a pve upgrade).
    Agreed on the Heroic Scenario.

But the BG Daily is still 100% optional, and I don't believe the majority of PvE'rs even bother with it as it really holds no value to PvE.

Deleted
    MoP is focusing on the war between Ally and Horde. Wrathion is all about the battle between Horde and Ally. It only makes sense that you have to do something PvP releated. Back in Cata I didn't cry like a baby when Legendary items was BiS for me as a pvper. You know what I did, I found a guild, started to raid, progressed over months, finally got my Legendary daggers, then I started to own some **** in arena again, and got my titles.

It's only 2 wins, with 5.3 changes you have 65% resil so you dont die easy, just try to do your best, follow your team, try to win. Dont go afk or just sit in a corner just because you hate PvP, then you will never win.

You can even get addons like Oqueue to find people from other realms to carry you.
    Last edited by mmoc127eab4b3d; 2013-08-02 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players: Blizzard, make Legendaries easier so everyone can get one.
    Blizzard: Ok. We're making it so everyone can get one in MoP. I hope this pleases you guys.
    Time passes
    Players: WTF Blizzard, you're telling me I have to win 2 BGs!?
    Blizzard: What is this? I don't even...

They've made this so easy for everyone to get. It's only 2 BGs. Oh god, if you can't do it instantly, then it will take you a few hours tops. It wouldn't kill you to put in a little effort for a Legendary.

Deleted
    If you can't arse yourself to do 2 BG:s, despite that it might take a few hours on your server, then you are not worthy of the Legendary cloak.

Deleted
    I just send mine father to control the characters in explain him the goals and he was done with 2 of 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I will agree to disagree here.

I will not be convinced that getting a PvE item should require me to do PvP. The effort you mention, should require PvE effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    ok so obviously I am behind and have just gotten to the point where I have to win to specific BGs to continue the legendary quest chain.

Several things first I am on a RP server. Why the fuck is blizz forcing me to pvp? Do they think I might say oh this is fun and become a pvp hound?

All this succeeds in doing is pissing off PVE people like myself (cause I hate pvp) and the pvp people cause they have to deal with PVE types in the BGs.

At this point I am 8 BGs (zero wins) in and about to just write my cloak off as a loss cause I would rather be doing others things.
    I felt the same way.

And yet, here are all the PVP types, who pitch 400-page-long screaming hissing tantrums if a piece of PVE gear MIGHT be superior to PVP gear in the same slot for PVP, raising the rallying cry of 'We should NEVER EVER EVER have to do icky PVE to get gear for PVP.', saying 'it r nt so bad jst do it lul'.

It's the textbook definition of hypocrisy, pretty much.

That said, stick it out and get it over with. If I did it, anybody can -- though all it did was remind me how much I loathe PVP and PVPers.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the devs really can't win. If someone isn't complaining about the legendary being to easy they complain about it being too hard. If for one have thoroughly enjoyed having an invested quest throughout the expansion and felt the difficulty was as balanced as it could be.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    You don't even need PvP gear anymore with baseline resilience it's easy mode. Maybe find a few friends to do some games with you. Honestly if your having this hard of a time with the BGs you'll probably cut your wrists when it comes to secrets of the empire and titan runestones.
    For me the runestones and sercrets will be easy. I don't mind waiting on drops. What I do mind is being force to pvp. I hate pvp. I refuse to pvp. If it wasn't for my brother doing this part for me I would never get my cloak

PVE should never force someone to PVP.