Deleted

Split Push to strong?

So in many LCS games and Ranked games you have to witness this split push strategy. Just pick a split push champ like tf/shen, or a strong duelist with good wave clear and teleport or disengage. I am kind of lost on how to counter that. Last game i had a yi split pushing whole game, not even minding getting killed or having no impact on the TFs, he just kept pushing so you had to send someone there, then he would just run away or teleport to other lane and go on pushing there. The time you spend on dealing with him might use the rest of the team to push themselves or take objectives. I think the strategy is to simple, you don't even have to use special champ, just send the mid or top laner with the most kills and he will be able to deal with most of the threats alone while getting a lot of free farm.

I feel that riot should provide some kind of split push counter, maybe implement an item that buffs tower for a short duration or a one time teleport scroll to the friendly tower, because if you get a little bit behind and the other team has enough room to split push you pretty much cant prevent of getting further behind or losing many objectives with just chasing shadows.

Dont want that strat to disappear but i feel like the risk/gain ratio is just to good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    So in many LCS games and Ranked games you have to witness this split push strategy. Just pick a split push champ like tf/shen, or a strong duelist with good wave clear and teleport or disengage. I am kind of lost on how to counter that. Last game i had a yi split pushing whole game, not even minding getting killed or having no impact on the TFs, he just kept pushing so you had to send someone there, then he would just run away or teleport to other lane and go on pushing there. The time you spend on dealing with him might use the rest of the team to push themselves or take objectives. I think the strategy is to simple, you don't even have to use special champ, just send the mid or top laner with the most kills and he will be able to deal with most of the threats alone while getting a lot of free farm.

I feel that riot should provide some kind of split push counter, maybe implement an item that buffs tower for a short duration or a one time teleport scroll to the friendly tower, because if you get a little bit behind and the other team has enough room to split push you pretty much cant prevent of getting further behind or losing many objectives with just chasing shadows.

Dont want that strat to disappear but i feel like the risk/gain ratio is just to good.
    It's not really easy to stop until they get to the base. Once at your inhib turret, it's kinda impossible to push farther if there's even one champ in front of you.

Also, the counter to split pushing is split pushing.

Deleted
    Possibly greatest match in LoL history was won by split pushing, so yeah, it's popular.