Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still have over 1000 of those lesser charms. I done every daily for a full month or two when MoP was released. Then I done all the dailies in 5.1 untill I hit exalted, and the same story goes for the dailies at the Isle of Thunder. Never dropped below 1000 since I went over that amount.

At the people saying it's "pay to win", no it's not. Can you farm those lesser charms in game with ease? Yes, if you have time. This is simply a way for people who want a chance at extra gear to have that extra chance, if they don't have much time. Instead of complaining "oh, it's pay to win, game going downhill", just do all the dailies in the game for like a week, and then you won't have to do dailies for another month or two. Yes, that store could potentially get closer to pay to win, but Blizzard aren't that silly, even though lots of people will think that.

If that store gets gear/profession mats on it, a lot of people will complain. As in most of the people that play the game. Then Blizzard will be 100% sure "Yeah, wrong move. Revert it". As long as it's vanity stuff/stuff that you get via dailies, this store won't concern me. If you're not gonna buy stuff that's on the Blizzard store, just don't complain about it and get on with your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    This in no way offers any advantage over doing 10 dailies in a week to get 3 bonus roll tokens
    I wanna play on the realm where you are that doing a daily quest gives you 5 lesser charms for completing it. Last I checked they give 2.

Deleted
    I really dislike dailies so i have to do new ones each week to reach 50 charms. Aslong as the price isn't too high, i'll definitly buy this.

That escalated quickly.."Pay to win" is already on the PTR.
    The term 'pay to win' comes from games that literally sell items as good or better than the ones you can get in game. In essence, you spend real life money to get legendary weapon from a cash shop while everyone else bangs their head on RNG to get one.

Letting people buy elder charms is nothing more than giving them some more RNG.

There's no guarantee that anyone buying elder charms with cash will ever get loot from them.

Deleted
    Why do people agree to this with the argument dailies are boring? All it encourages is lazy, pay-to-skip game design for example.

Let's say they bring an attunement questline in for 5.4

No RP, nothing of interest let's imagine this is the questline

"Go to Storm Peaks and pick up a Rock"
    "Go to Stormwind and pick up a Rock"
    "Go to Orgrimmar and pick up a rock"
    "Hey, I actually wanted two rocks from Storm Peaks go back and pick up another rock"
    "Go to Deepholm and pick up a big rock"
    "Wait three days while the rock, does rock things"
    "Ok thanks for the rocks you're attuned"

or "Siege of Orgrimmar Attunement (Account Wide) Only $8.99!"

Quote Originally Posted by williedabull View Post
    That escalated quickly.."Pay to win" is already on the PTR.
    Get over it.
    Conversion is limited still by the weekly, a cap most people still meet very easily during the week.
    This only speeds it up, allowing quicker access to the same 3 Mogu runes that anyone else is likely to get.
    It is NOT Pay to Win.
    It is NOT offering you more Mogu runes than anyone else, or more gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Some people need to learn what pay to wins mean.
    It means, that the only option to gain the best item(s), is to pay for them.

But those Coins can be farmed via many options. So its a nice2have for lazy people.
    Other sources are not what prevents that being Pay To Win, but the cap imposed by the weekly quest.
    If the conversion to Mogu Runes did not have that cap, was unlimited then that would be simply extra Runes for a payment.
    That would be Pay To Win.
    But that conversion cap remains, so that is why the stupid Pay To Win argument needs to end.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-08-03 at 10:45 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogly View Post
    I wanna play on the realm where you are that doing a daily quest gives you 5 lesser charms for completing it. Last I checked they give 2.
    Well, there are those 2 quests on Thunder Isle that give 5 charms. Only problem is that you need to do like 5 prequests for the first, and 10+ for the other.

they should just make the lesser charms sellable on the AH...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

sadly with golden lotus dailies gone the fastest way to get 50 chars would be to do isle of thunder dailes and kalaxi

both isle and GL dailies both gace 32 charms aday but GL is faster and kalaxi is 16-18 assuming ur revered wiht both kalaxxi and GL

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems rather greedy of blizzard....Pay £5 to get a 0.01% of getting extra loot yay! 0o

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, design content that isn't fun to gate people from doing content that is fun, then make a option to pay additional money to skip the boring content instead of making the boring content fun.

That's good design.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    sadly with golden lotus dailies gone the fastest way to get 50 chars would be to do isle of thunder dailes and kalaxi

both isle and GL dailies both gace 32 charms aday but GL is faster and kalaxi is 16-18 assuming ur revered wiht both kalaxxi and GL
    Dailies are not gone entirely.
    The Garrison Hub will remain, as will much of at least the daily related functionality if not the quests still at the Guo-Lai Ruins as indicated by the associated achievements for both hubs remaining.
    As far as I know it will be less dailies only, with more sources for reputation outside of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Seems rather greedy of blizzard....Pay £5 to get a 0.01% of getting extra loot yay! 0o
    Is the weekly cap imposed by the quest still there ?

I have yet to see anyone tell me otherwise, so there is NO increased chance of loot unless you can provide evidence of that weekly cap being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Interesting, design content that isn't fun to gate people from doing content that is fun, then make a option to pay additional money to skip the boring content instead of making the boring content fun.

That's good design.
    Opinions on what is fun or not.
    You do not find dailies fun, you do not find the barrens weekly fun, you do not find pet battles fun.
    It looks like you have rather a narrow view on what content you enjoy, and that is just fine.
    Deciding you speak for the rest of us is not.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-08-03 at 10:53 AM.

I sense people going thermonuclear.. i better head for the basement and wait this one out.

I personally don't have a problem with the bag of charms, all it does is provide an alternative way to gain charms without doing boring monotonous tasks, if they ever make it to the european store i could easily see myself investing in them provided the price is right, since i am down to 180something lesser charms up from the 1800something i had when i hit exalted with the last daily faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    pay-to-skip
    Sounds like this is the term we need to start using since people are sperging over the actual definition of "pay to win", even though what's being discussed should be obvious from the context.

In LFR you are guaranteed to succeed, therefore getting LFR gear is merely a question of time and people who have no problems with charms in the shop (because "money spenders gain no advantage over time spenders") should have no problem with LFR gear in the shop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post

That's good design.
    This, exactly.

It's worrying to see how many people find it normal that doing daily quests/grinding for charms is boring, and that it's okay for people to pay to skip it. You're paying to not have to play a major part of the game. Surely that means something's wrong with the game itself? Either that part should be made more fun, or removed, so people can do what they actually like instead.

Yes, MMOs always involve some grinding, but you should still be having -fun-.

Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    This, exactly.

It's worrying to see how many people find it normal that doing daily quests/grinding for charms is boring, and that it's okay for people to pay to skip it. You're paying to not have to play a major part of the game. Surely that means something's wrong with the game itself? Either that part should be made more fun, or removed, so people can do what they actually like instead.

Yes, MMOs always involve some grinding, but you should still be having -fun-.
    There are many sources, and really dailies are not that hard.
    People simply want the result as fast as they can.
    As indicated by the stink kicked up by the removal of the guild teleport perk.
    Players got lazy.

Players do not want to do non-raid activity for raid preparation any more despite them having way less of it than they used to.

Deleted
    "Lazy" - my point exactly. The fact that people see you as lazy for not wanting to do something boring in a game, is flawed. You play games to have fun.

If...if you can follow my train of thought regarding this as a potential cash-shop item...I feel we'll be raiding SoO for 10-12mos.