View Poll Results: Would you quit if the next xpac is something unexpected?

Voters
377. This poll is closed
  • Yes

42 11.14%
  • No

335 88.86%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If the next expansion isn't The Burning Legion or South Seas will you quit WoW?

What if the next expansion is something completely out of left field that has nothing to do with the old WoW or WC3 villains? Instead it is another completely new adventure with new lore and new enemies. Like Pandaria (even though Pandaria was mentioned in WC3), the driving force of the expansion is something that no one expected or desired, but was still feature rich and highly enjoyable.

Would that the final straw for you? Would you quit WoW and never come back?

Totally depends what else the next expansion will be, hard to say if I'd quit or not otherwise

Those blackmail posts are getting old.. you really sound like small kid "if I won't get candy I will cry and scream in shop till you buy what I want"...

I don't give a damn what the next expansion is. I'm sure it'll be neat no matter what it might be. I'll just wait and see.

It would be a nice surprise. If it's one of both it would be nearly boring since we all expect it now...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

No I won't quit and instead somehow bring 1 million friends to join WoW... How many threads of potential quitting can there be?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Like Pandaria (even though Pandaria was mentioned in WC3), the driving force of the expansion is something that no one expected or desired
    That claim is undeniably false.

No expansion direction itself will make me quit. It will always boil down to if I enjoy it. I still enjoy wow, but I am growing tired of it. Not because I think the quality has change or that it's to casual, but that I've been playing it for so long without a complete overhaul of the game engine itself, I highly doubt anything they add will truly feel "new".
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

What strange question this is.

The things people find to argue about...

If there's a compelling story to follow, it doesn't matter where it takes you.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it isn't the emerald dream I'm fine with what ever. If it ends up being the emerald dream I will probably just skip that xpac. I have no interest in something that has more or less been completely covered through patches and books.

I'm really hoping for a South Seas x-pac with Azshara, Old Gods & the Burning Legion; as well as Nagas a playable race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the poll had a maybe option or if you hadn't said "quit and never return"

I still voted yes because MoP made me quit for a year and I still do not want to play it - I just am because of completionist reasons and that I like the game itself and I am waiting for the next expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    They managed to make a good expansion with pandas in it so I don't think the theme of the expansion will really matter for me at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea. I make decisions about products based on what they are versus what they aren't. It's a silly question.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

My problem with Pandaria is not that is something new, but the fact that the whole continent and theme seems like a "filler" story. That of course includes exceptions. A case that would make me quit is a South Seas xpac (how I dread there speculations) with Ogres as a horde race without a class addition and minor to none changes to existing classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I don't give a damn what the next expansion is. I'm sure it'll be neat no matter what it might be. I'll just wait and see.
    That sums it up for me too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I will quit if I am bored with the game and have no interest playing any of the classes or content anymore.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've come to expect what the next expansions will be, but regardless of what they may be, I'll still play the game because I enjoy playing. I see it as an early Christmas present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    That claim is undeniably false.

No expansion direction itself will make me quit. It will always boil down to if I enjoy it. I still enjoy wow, but I am growing tired of it. Not because I think the quality has change or that it's to casual, but that I've been playing it for so long without a complete overhaul of the game engine itself, I highly doubt anything they add will truly feel "new".
    I was probably a bit too forward when I said no one "desired" Pandaria, but I seriously doubt any expected an expansion where we battle the emotions of a dead god, and take down the Horde's warchief via a Troll rebellion.

That said, I really enjoy(ed) Mists of Pandaria, and I want something out of left field again for the next expansion. South Seas and Burning Legion don't interest me much.

I created this thread to see where our small, but outspoken community stood, since so many seem to be invested in either a Burning Legion expansion, or a South Seas expansion.

i dont care.
    im just gonna finish MoP
    5.4 will be my last patch im gonna play.
    unsubbed atm.

If people quit cause no burning legion, they're almost as bad as the people who quit because panda's were introduced. Tbh, who cares if them people quit, hopefully we'll lose a few of the less capable ingame atm, which WoW seems to be full of.