Question i5 Series

So Im the same guy with the FX 6300 I was posting about last night, So I am going to return the CPU/MOBO and there is currently a sale at my local store for an I5-3450S for 120$ + 70$ for a Mobo, will this intel CPU preform a lot better than the FX 6300 In WoW? If paired with a GTX 760 and 8 Gigs of Ram.

Or should I be looking at another CPU? I dont even know really what the S line is

EDIT: Or I can get a i7 2600S for 50 bucks more
    Last edited by Ven0xis; 2013-08-04 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0xis View Post
    So Im the same guy with the FX 6300 I was posting about last night, So I am going to return the CPU/MOBO and there is currently a sale at my local store for an I5-3450S for 120$ + 70$ for a Mobo, will this intel CPU preform a lot better than the FX 6300 In WoW? If paired with a GTX 760 and 8 Gigs of Ram.

Or should I be looking at another CPU? I dont even know really what the S line is
    When dealing with intel, anything that doesn't have a k after it means it cant be overclocked. You need to overclock in wow if you want to play on ultra. Unless you are on a tight budget you shouldn't be getting a non k version. If you cant spend more money, and play wow a lot more then other games, lower your gpu down to a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125446 or something around that price. If you can afford it get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116899 and a compatible motherboard.

The cpu i linked will double your fps in wow over the amd in certain areas.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-08-04 at 03:58 PM.

I never really overclock, I dont like to dabble in that kind of stuff, will neither the i5 or i7 not give me ultra performance? (Shadows off on WoW)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at near 60 fps no. If you turn things to high you will most likely maintain around 60 fps, but to get anything above high you will have to overclock. There are tutorials online. Even if you dont plan on overclocking now, you should still always buy the k version if you can afford it to future proof. Also getting anything over an i5 wont help with 99% of games including wow. The best gaming cpu is the top tier i5 k version. Dont get an i7 unless you have tons of money to blow, and even then its not worth it as you could upgrade the gpu more.

Here is a good motherboard to go along with the 4670k i linked. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID=

Desktop S and T are low power slower models, don't get those if you aim for best WoW peformance.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Lets say I pick up a i5 2500k can you reccomend any good Micro ATX boards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets say I pick up a i5 2500k can you recommend any good Micro ATX boards?
    Dont get a 2500k unless you can get it for cheap. Its 2 generations old now. If you cant afford the 4670k then drop your gpu down to a 650ti. Its worth it for wow.

Getting a 3570k+mobo isnt a bad idea if you can keep the 760. The 3570k will be a bit cheaper, but if you can afford it plus some decent cooling the 4670k is better.

Lets say I pick up a i5 2500k can you reccomend any good Micro ATX boards?
    i5-2500k was released 1/2011 and got replaced by i5-3570k in 4/2012. i5-3570k got replaced by i5-4670k two months ago.

The moral of the story is, don't buy into two generations and almost three years old technology unless there's some good reason for it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way the 2500k would be worth it is if you could get it for under 130 dollars new.

I suppose I can get rid of all 3, but will the 650 TI play SC2 on ultra?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I can get rid of all 3, but will the 650 TI play SC2 on ultra?
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6359/t...0-ti-review/14

It will run on ultra at around 60 fps. It may dip to 40 or so during super intense moments, but You could lower one or two settings and fix that.

Also with the 4670k, You will run above 60 fps almost everywhere except in 25 man raids where you may drop to 40 or so during heavy loads. Tough if you went with an amd, or an i3, you wouldnt be able to run on ultra at all in raids.