Page 1 of 92
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Men's Rights Movement

I been reading about the Men's Rights Movement https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men's_rights_movement

What do you guys think about Men's Rights Movement?

I do agree with their points about Child custody, Adoption, Marriage strike and Reproductive rights.

I think their other views are bullshit
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-08-05 at 03:58 AM.

Equality comes from both sides, and certainly there's one side that needed a lot more attention with our changing way of life. That doesn't preclude work being done on the other side of things, nor mean male and female rights are opposite. Honestly, this is all too often turned into two opposing sides, while both are working towards equality, and are thus two sides of the same coin. I say, let's focus on that, not turn this into some sort of enflaming hotbed of hostility that gets nothing done because both sides are working to oppose each other, rather than work on the issues.

That's just my two cents.

There's been a lot issues where men are treated unfair lately, mostly in regards to sex. I feel we have benefits in most other areas, so it hasn't bugged me too much.

Some examples though:
    A woman says a man raped her with no actual proof: There's been many cases in the past where the man was still put on sexual offenders and/or jail time.
    A man says a woman raped her with no actual proof: Nothing happens. I haven't heard of a single case where the woman was charged. They demand proof.
    A man is seen with a 8 year old girl that is not his daughter: Pedophile.
    A woman is seen with a 8 year old boy that is not her son: Looking after the kids, what a good person.
    A woman grabs a man through his pants: Good luck pressing charges unless you recorded it, even with witnesses.
    A man grabs a woman through her shirt: No proof needed, just a girl or two as witness and he's now on sexual offenders.
    A female teacher has sex with her student: Sexual offenders, and fired. Jail time is debated. (See recent cases..)
    A male teacher has sex with his student: Sexual offenders, and fired. Everyone wants him locked up forever.

I've had women in bars come up to me and grab my ass, even after I tell them not too. It's annoying, especially when most of these woman are, in my opinion, not attractive. If they are randomly going up to guys in bars I have no idea where they've been either. I'm not interested, don't touch me. If I went up to the best looking women in a bar and just started groping them, do you think the same thing would go down? I would be arrested on the spot.

On the other hand... if a woman sleeps around it is frowned upon, if a man sleeps around it is an achievement. So I feel that there is problems with how people greatly view certain situations differently depending on the gender involved.

On another issue:
    Woman almost always get children in a divorce unless the man can absolutely prove she is unfit to be a mother. Happened to my cousin recently, and even though she was jobless and lazy (reason for divorce) his son was given to her. He supported both of them and still does even after the divorce, only this time forced by child support laws. The child should of been given to him, and she should of been forced to get a job to help support a kid he was already supporting.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-08-05 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    There's been a lot issues where men are treated unfair lately, mostly in regards to sex. I feel we have benefits in most other areas, so it hasn't bugged me too much.

Some examples though:
    A woman says a man raped her with no actual proof: There's been many cases in the past where the man was still put on sexual offenders and/or jail time.
    A man says a woman raped her with no actual proof: Nothing happens. I haven't heard of a single case where the woman was charged. They demand proof.
    A man is seen with a 8 year old girl that is not his daughter: Pedophile.
    A woman is seen with a 8 year old boy that is not her son: Looking after the kids, what a good person.
    A woman grabs a man through his pants: Good luck pressing charges unless you recorded it, even with witnesses.
    A man grabs a woman through her shirt: No proof needed, just a girl or two as witness and he's now on sexual offenders.

I've had women in bars come up to me and grab my ass, even after I tell them not too. It's annoying, especially when most of these woman are, in my opinion, not attractive. If they are randomly going up to guys in bars I have no idea where they've been either. I'm not interested, don't touch me. If I went up to the best looking women in a bar and just started groping them, do you think the same thing would go down?

On the other hand... if a woman sleeps around it is frowned upon, if a man sleeps around it is an achievement. So I feel that there is problems with how people greatly view certain situations differently depending on the gender involved.
    Pretty much this, what is it ladies, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

The MRM seems to go out of its way to make it seem like false rape allegations are common, and that does serious damage.

Anyone who thinks that males are subjected to greater amounts of discrimination and abuse than females is dangerously stupid. Females are expected to be perfect at all sorts of contradictory things, and are judged for whichever they choose not to be. Women are expected to be both beautiful and modest, submissive and independent, innocent and slutty, career-minded and devoted mothers, etc. etc. If a man spends his entire life making tiny houses out of popsicle sticks people say "what a pioneer!" If a woman is successful in her career people say "why isn't she a mother?" Their bodies are scrutinized in ways ours are not. They get paid less, get sexually assaulted at a shockingly high rate, etc. etc.

"Men's rights" is the most pathetic movement ever, because it is just privileged assholes whining.

Infracted: Please don't insult entire groups of people with whom you disagree politically.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-08-06 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I think, is this thread is going to be filled with banned people soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Men don't seek custody upwards of 80% of the time. But obviously, the court awarding custody to women 50% of the time is totally biased and oppressive to men. Less than 5% of custody battles actually reach the court, the problem is one of men not seeking custody in court, and not court discrimination.

Clearly we should correct this by imposing child custody on the 80-90% of men who don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The MRM seems to go out of its way to make it seem like false rape allegations are common, and that does serious damage.
    That's because they have no leg to stand on if they don't create a boogeyman.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    the number of times i've seen men get False allegations against woman is nuts...

i was on jury duty once where a girl was raped, the case was thrown out due to lack of evidence (it was entirly her word against his), but the guy was already labeled "rapist" and he had to move out of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by umara View Post
    the number of times i've seen men get False allegations against woman is nuts...

i was on jury duty once where a girl was raped, the case was thrown out due to lack of evidence (it was entirly her word against his), but the guy was already labeled "rapist" and he had to move out of the area.
    Personal anecdotes are useless. The FBI puts nationwide unfounded allegations of rape at around 8%, and unfounded doesn't mean false or malicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by umara View Post

That's more of a societal problem than a court problem

Yeah that's not even a false accusation of rape. That's a problem with how sex offenders and those perceived as sex offenders are treated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Men's Rights is a joke. Anyone who buys into that BS needs to seriously step outside of themselves and get humble.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    "Men's rights" is the most pathetic movement ever, because it is just privileged assholes whining.
    Typical sexist tripe.

Men's Rights Movement is a novel idea and definitely necessary. Women are demanding all sorts of things so why can't men? Even if you maintain that most of feminism is puerile and obviously inaccurate, surely men should be able to waste their time wanting free handouts and creating boogeymen too right?
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Pretty much this, what is it ladies, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Don't you get it? They don't want your cake nor do they wish to eat it at all. Stop forcing it on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Typical sexist tripe.

Men's Rights Movement is a novel idea and definitely necessary. Women are demanding all sorts of things so why can't men? Even if you maintain that most of feminism is puerile and obviously inaccurate, surely men should be able to waste their time wanting free handouts and creating boogeymen too right?
    Men already have them, for one.

Deleted
    While they raise some actual issues, they overblow them quite often and give wrong reasons for those issues. In the end, most of those gender-centric groups have a tendency of reinforcing the "us versus them" mentality and end up being part of the problem rather than being part of the solution as they claim to be.

Personal anecdotes are useless. The FBI puts nationwide unfounded allegations of rape at around 8%, and unfounded doesn't mean false or malicious.
    It happens all the time. A man gets into a fight with a girl/his gf/an ex/etc. She gets pissed and claims he raped her. It's the ultimate card to play and labels a man a a rapist even if he is found innocent due to lack of evidence. I've heard girls say it to men at parties, bar, and other events "If you don't do this, i'll say you raped me". It happens more than reported in my opinion.

Yeah that's not even a false accusation of rape. That's a problem with how sex offenders and those perceived as sex offenders are treated.
    Not going to disagree but women on sex offenders are generally taken much less seriously.

When I was younger, during study hall a lot of the class would look for "hot chicks" on sexual offenders and then say things like "I wish I was that kid". Then they'd look at the men, and be absolutely digusted and say things like "they deserve to die". It's something I see as an adult too, I've had friends that poke around on their phones and look that stuff up saying the same stuff they did back when they were younger.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-08-05 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Typical sexist tripe.
    I like how you gave a headline for what you were about to say.

Please enlighten us as to why "demanding equal pay" for doing the same jobs has anything to do with "wanting free handouts" or "creating boogeymen".

Nah. Men already have all the rights women/feminists are asking for. Equating the two groups as equally valid displays a great amount of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    It happens all the time. A man gets into a fight with a girl/his gf/an ex/etc. She gets pissed and claims he raped her. It's the ultimate card to play and labels a man a a rapist even if he is found innocent due to lack of evidence. I've heard girls say it to men at parties, bar, and other events "If you don't do this, i'll say you raped me". It happens more than reported in my opinion.
    No, it doesn't happen all the time. That's what I'm saying. You people have been fed this myth that its a common occurrence, and it isn't. Its probably not even any more common than any other false accusation of crime.

But people are idiots and will believe something to be true in the face of all statistical data to contrary, because they saw it happen this one time.