Thread: Please no more!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    what else then?

dailies, arena, BG, raiding, dungeon crawling, farming for craft, darkmoon fair, various seasonal event, there were all in TBC before, i just asking about what among the new activities are the popular one.

oh yes i forgot about the farm thingy, is that any fun?
    People apparently like the farm a lot. It's not my taste.
    to let the list go on:
    Challenge mode
    Brawlers Guild
    crossrealm (actually used a lot, hence popular)
    realID
    LF(D/R)-tool
    BoA gear(Don't think we had that back then but my memory might fail me there)
    Most stuff being accountwide
    Arguable you can say challenge mode isn't very popular, but it was only intended to be for few people, and blizzard are very happy with how that turned out so far.

Soon to be:
    training grounds.
    connected realms, hopefully solving the problem of deserted realms.
    Flexmode for beerdrinkers.
    BoA weapons from raiding.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by hambadger View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen.....the game has been dumbed down to the point it is blindly obvious. If the next expansion goes even more casual...I fear for my favorite game.
    I honestly can't even fathom how they can make the game even more casual than it is now. But maybe they'll find a way. *shrug*

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    People apparently like the farm a lot. It's not my taste.
    to let the list go on:
    Challenge mode
    Brawlers Guild
    crossrealm (actually used a lot, hence popular)
    realID
    LF(D/R)-tool
    BoA gear(Don't think we had that back then but my memory might fail me there)
    Most stuff being accountwide
    Arguable you can say challenge mode isn't very popular, but it was only intended to be for few people, and blizzard are very happy with how that turned out so far.

Soon to be:
    training grounds.
    connected realms, hopefully solving the problem of deserted realms.
    Flexmode for beerdrinkers.
    BoA weapons from raiding.
    i see they added a few thing why i was away, however, you misunderstood me, i was looking for activities player do nowadays, don't understand how realID is an activity for example. going by your list

Challenge mode (this is 5 man dungeon with a stopwatch right?)
    Brawlers Guild looks nice, is it popular?
    crossrealm that a technology, not an activity, i suppose the activity linked to it would be alt leveling, that always been in game.
    realID (again i am looking for activities, not server technology)
    LF(D/R)-tool yes LFR, activities created in cata (LFD is dungeon crawling)
    BoA gear(Don't think we had that back then but my memory might fail me there) gear is gear, i am looking for player activities. i suppose you means farming currency to buy them, but farming does involve activities.

Soon to be:
    training grounds. sounds interesting
    connected realms, hopefully solving the problem of deserted realms. (again looking for activies, things to do, not server technology)
    Flexmode for beerdrinkers. that's raiding right? just a different difficulty mode
    BoA weapons from raiding. (at the risk of repeating myself, player activities)

so in summary in new activities for player to do we have

LFR
    Brawlers Guild
    pet battle
    farmville
    scenario (any difficulty)

and soon
    training ground.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2013-08-06 at 05:19 AM.

. It's story line is bottom of the barrel. [/B]
    In what world (if one bothers to follow quest text) is the story bottom of the barrel? It has been consistently developed from start to finish, a developing threat on Pandaria simultaneous to a home grown push to war.

If it was developed in a RTS people would be happy about the story...it's time to accept that Blizzard is indeed allowed to develop the Warcraft story out of RTS games.

Anyway more on topic our guild is like yours...we had a solid 25 man team with about 10 additional people who were not the best players but nice people who we could swap in and out for non-progress fights however it was Cataclysm which slowly drained these people away and we got to mop unable to fill the 25 man group so we ran two 10 man groups, one progress and one casual (no heroic content in mind) and now we are down to just the progress group.

The issue was people were leaving the guild en-mass once we dropped to 10 player whilst a lot of the best players were also leaving the realm so these new connected servers may be beneficial.

The big issue our guild has and is still peeved about is the lockout merge of 10 and 25 as we could run a social 25 man run clearing maybe 30-60% of the heroic bosses and then run two 10 man heroic teams with the more reliable raiders.

Anyhow in 3-4 years we will all shout about how good MoP was.

Sorry to say, but the nail in this coffin came from Wrath. Cata and MoP have all been reactions to changes people behavior in Wrath. Because they didn't like the fact that for 90% of the population, the game consisted solely of chain-running heroics. Heroics that were ridiculously easy, and allowed non-tanks to tank, and non-spec healers to easily heal and dps. The other 10% or so raided, with 2% of that in H-raids.

Cata's increases in difficulty was directly in response to this behavior. Their knee-jerk reversal made it worse. Then in MoP they wen't to far the other way, assuming the outcry over Cata's difficulty represented a majority of players. So we got watered down talent tree, ton's of mini-games, and an expansion with a lot of dark content, but in a package kids would recognize.

I have liked every expansion in this game, most for the fact that I see what they wanted, and appreciate how close they go to *their* goals. MoP, for instance, is probably the closest class balance has been (in PvE) ever. Done, of course, at the cost of homogenization.

The things I think that would have contributed to account retention are simple - not make sweeping class changes (in ability, flavor, or talent tree setups), and when the LFR/LFD system was created, make people go to the meeting stones to queue. The first allows players to maintain a link to the class/char identity, the second gets folks out in the world, and interacting with others looking to do dungeons and raid, increasing the chances of them connect on the local server in the future instead of random strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    In what world (if one bothers to follow quest text) is the story bottom of the barrel? It has been consistently developed from start to finish, a developing threat on Pandaria simultaneous to a home grown push to war.
    SoO is interesting and I really like the buildup, but I was so tired of trolls from Cata that seeing them again in MoP is just annoying, whatever the lore reasons may have been put in place to justify the troll storyline.

I would have preferred anything over trolls...murlocs, bear asses, leper gnomes coming over from Azeroth and siding with the Thunder King. Even...more blood elves...>.<
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-08-06 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Worst expansion ever" is subjective.

Each expansion has it's ups and downs.

It all evens out in the end.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

i see they added a few thing why i was away, however, you misunderstood me, i was looking for activities player do nowadays, don't understand how realID is an activity for example. going by your list

crossrealm that a technology, not an activity, i suppose the activity linked to it would be alt leveling, that always been in game.
    BoA gear(Don't think we had that back then but my memory might fail me there) gear is gear, i am looking for player activities. i suppose you means farming currency to buy them, but farming does involve activities.

Soon to be:
    connected realms, hopefully solving the problem of deserted realms. (again looking for activies, things to do, not server technology)
    Flexmode for beerdrinkers. that's raiding right? just a different difficulty mode

LFR
    Brawlers Guild
    pet battle
    farmville

and soon
    training ground.
    It depends a bit what the definition of activity is. To me lfd isn't dungeon crawl, but a way to get there without spending the evening just finding a group, as it could be before lfd existed, if you didn't have people you could poke.
    realID and such is just for chatting with people you like over other servers. It's activity to me. It's what i do most in this game. Chat while i play.
    Crossrealm, for actually playing with those i chat with .Activity to me.
    Challenge mode you could roughly say is dungeon with a timer, but a lot more difficult, since the damage/health have been upped a lot. To me it's not the same as normal dungeons since i've always facerolled through them(apart from the beginning of cataclysm when i started to learn tanking, making guildies suffer), up to challenge mode, that i find pretty fun.
    Boa gear is for me the thing that makes it possible for me to even start leveling a new char. I wouldn't ever do it without. Only had one char up to the end of wotlk. It's the convenience of many of the new things that makes me start on things. Can say they themself isn't activity though
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Soon to be:

LFR
    Brawlers Guild
    pet battle
    farmville

and soon
    training ground.
    Gonna contest a few of these -

Challenge mode is a new activity in an old shell - it balances all gear, and provides different goals and rewards not available anywhere else in the game. it is as unique an activity as scenarios.
    Crossrealm is not an activity itself, but improves the ability to engage in activities like questing and world PvP by increasing the population in an area.
    RealID is not an activity itself, but again, enhances the players ability to engage in activities with his friends in more ways.
    Connected Realms improves the ability to engage in activities with know entities on your own server(s). By enhancing your server population, you have more options in every activity which requires a group.
    FlexMode is not a different difficulty (not only), but a different means of access, which provides the ability to raid to many who didn't previously, and improves the ability of a raid to continue when someone drops out. It may not be a new unique activity in and of itself, but it will be a newly accessible one for many.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Guess what. They have lost 1.5m subs, you know who didn't GAIN 1.5m subs? ANY OTHER GAME...Do you think Rift would have gone F2P (same goes for SWTOR) if they got 1,500,000 subs from WoW...no...ever consider people just aren't playing online games as much as they were?
    What if league of legends got 1.5 million new players? What if those 1.5 million players played games that are not mmos too. What if only 500k of those players stayed behind playing mmos on other mmos besides wow, and the rest started playing other games online, instead of magically losing the motivation to play ANY online game because wow is so perfect that there is nothing better online to play.

Your post suggests that mmos are the online thing to play online, when in reality, RTS and MOBAs are now bigger. More people are playing online games than ever before, its stupid to say otherwise
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2013-08-06 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Interesting. Not necessarily correct, but interesting none the less.
    You win, glad I refreshed before I started writing a post just like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    What if league of legends got 1.5 million new players?
    More people are playing online games than ever before, its stupid to say otherwise
    Considering many people in the WoW community, LoL would be the perfect place for them :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    You win, glad I refreshed before I started writing a post just like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering many people in the WoW community, LoL would be the perfect place for them :/
    LoL's community is full of toxic people. Wow's community is full of mentally deficient people. Both suck, just one is catered for people who rage at crap players and one is catered to the needs of such crap players.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the true middle ground was right around Ulduar.

Not before, not after.

Lesser guilds ran Ulduar normally, hardcore guilds did the achievements and went for mounts. Heroics at the time were in between the super farm stage and the "mildly difficult" stage.

If anything, go back to Ulduar raiding, and TBC heroics. In terms of making the raiding instances more gated and linear, do the TBC paths with locks and all.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    There is no free time coming with it, even when it says it has free time, you still need to make at least one sub payment to activate it. Honestly, if you would never played any MMO and would have to choose now, what would you choose:
    1. f2p with cash-shop or optional subscription plan.
    2. Subscription-based game without cash-shop.
    3. Old subscription-based game with cash-shop and quite a number of negative reviews and feedback around it.
    None of 1) 2) or 3) matter to me.

What matters is "Is it the standard by which all other MMOs are measured." I would happily play a F2P game if it was bigger and better than WoW. The revenue model really doesn't matter.

You can't create anything good without people being angry and bitching about it, so I take a few negative reviews as a positive sign.

Deleted
    Everytime i see a Thread like this i ask myself "Do they even realize that WoW is going to be 10years old next year ?" People quit because the Game gets old, They are getting Old. The Story/Content gets better/stays the same. Vanilla WoW was exciting because it was new but the Game got so much better over the Years.
    Last edited by mmoc0fd79c8fc0; 2013-08-06 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I think the true middle ground was right around Ulduar.

Not before, not after.

Lesser guilds ran Ulduar normally, hardcore guilds did the achievements and went for mounts. Heroics at the time were in between the super farm stage and the "mildly difficult" stage.

If anything, go back to Ulduar raiding, and TBC heroics. In terms of making the raiding instances more gated and linear, do the TBC paths with locks and all.
    Lesser guilds were still on Naxx during Ulduar. Also they tried bringing back TBC style heroics in Cata and it failed miserably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    Everytime i see a Thread like this i ask myself "Do they even realize that WoW is going to be 10years old next year ?" People quit because the Game gets old, They are getting Old. The Story/Content gets better/stays the same.
    Agree. I don't really think it's the game's fault, although there have been some derpy decisions here and there.

The game really needs a graphics update though...and more grp content, not less.

Please note I never said anything I said was a fact. My post is simply my opinions and take on things currently. The issues with the game I listed, are reasons given to my guild for players quitting the game and the most complained about topics on our guild website. If you are here to troll, harass, or just make mind numbing replies....please don't waste anyone times. These are merely opinions and nothing more.
    You say you 'never said anything as fact', yet in your post I see no opinion. Only 'opinion posed as fact'. Want some examples?

This can only be to recoup the massive subscription losses this expansion.
    When will Blizzard begin to take a real notice to so many serious issues.
    the game has been dumbed down to the point it is blindly obvious.
    If you're saying you're posting your opinion, then post it AS your opinion, not as facts, please.

People who started playing WoW during Vanilla have grown nine years older. A lot of things can happen in nine years to a person. They can graduate from high school. Or graduate from college. Or get in college. Or get a job. Or get a boy/girlfriend. Or get a baby. Etc, etc. From what I read, heard and understand, the majority of people that left WoW during those nine years, in their vast majority, left either because of monetary reasons, or changed priorities, or just simply a new shiny game has arrived, and not because 'WoW changed too much I dislike it now'.

I truly believe the people who actually leave because they're unhappy with the latest changes are actually the minority in this case. However, since they're also the VOCAL minority, they make themselves look like a much bigger part of the group than they are.

Now, OT: Even the tiniest, most minute detail change, will always have avid supporters of it and raving nay-sayers. There will always be those who love and those who hate whatever changes are made. However, a persistent game needs to evolve. It needs to try new things, for better or for worse, to try to keep people interested and invested. The alternative to this would mean a stale game, with not even a third of the current subscriptions, and taking big hits on subscription numbers every month.

In my opinion, this 'over-casualization' of the game is not only not as bad as you say it is, but is actually a good thing. Because the more casuals we attract, the bigger is the chance that some of those casuals will turn into hardcore players.

We still have yet to receive new 5 man instances, even thought the majority of players are asking for them.
    I haven't ran 5-mans since the first month or two of MoP. That's across the two characters I leveled first. After going through the Temple and Brewery too freaking many times while leveling, I just can't make myself queue.

So please, no more 5-mans. I haven't seen any of my guildies run them in a while either, and they're plenty more into group content than I am.

As to the rest of the post... You've got some of your logic a bit wonky. But, as they are your opinions, feel free. I'll disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

People who started playing WoW during Vanilla have grown nine years older. A lot of things can happen in nine years to a person.
    Infallible and a really really simple and wrong way to look at it.

Wow is in decline simply because the quitting population is outpacing the new player population. People quit all the time. There is no magical point in time where all the players decided that "wow is too old" and quit. Those players nine years ago quit whenever real life happened, whether it is now or was in BC. Its just that new players were there to replace them. WoW isnt some special club that only recently became unpopular, it is more like a big social gathering, where the first party goers who arrived at 8PM, left at 11PM, while the party goers who arrived at 10:30PM are now leaving at 3AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lesser guilds were still on Naxx during Ulduar.
    that's not possible, is it? WoLK's naxxaramas was a disgrace. Arguably naxxaramas, especially 10, but 25 too, was easier than some of the harder boss in LFR.