Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Because we know exactly what humans are capable of in practice. And what kind of mentality overall they hold. While other species can be made anyway you wanted, anyway you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    tentacled elf-zombie from outer space.
    hmm, sign me up for that game, I want to play a tentacled elf-zombie from outer space

Anyway, I tend to stay away from playing a human in games (if there is a choice) since usually they look terrible. There are some exceptions of course but for the most part you get an uncanny valley experience when playing a human, at least I do.

And since I'm already a human, why bother playing one.

Because most of us play a human in real life. No reason to do it in a fantasy game.

When I play games, especially WoW, I almost exclusively play as a female, and if I can, I pick something which isn't human. This is for two reasons:
    1. The female anatomy (slim, agile etcetera) suites me more then the bodybuilder shape of a man.
    2. When I play a game I want to flee reality, what better way then playing something I can dream of being but will never achieve? I mean, I've no pressure to pursuit that dream because it is impossible.

If I'm playing a human which is fit, strong and agile he will remind me that I should train more in one way or another which distract my focus from the fantasy world. Breaking it apart until I can see the dull reality from which I tried to escape.

I've nothing against humans in games, I just don't want to play them if possible.

(mind you, this is a bit exaggerated just to make a point)
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    Same argument I hold for every RPG/MMO that offers a choice of races; I always avoid the human choice because it's just dull for me, 9/10 times the humans in a fantasy land are racist pricks who somehow managed to get elves, dwarves, orcs and other generic fantasy races under their heel while pretending they're the good guys. I've seen it happen in Warcraft, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons, and so on. Same reason I refuse to play generic fantasy races too, which unfortunately leads me to usually play the 'furry' races as they're the only unique ones to most RPGs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Humans are boring because we're human. We play fantasy games to explore fantasies, being a human in a fantasy is a tether to our reality. You could be a dwarf, or an elf, or a robot - being a human - given those choices - is like picking Vanilla at a gourmet ice cream shop. Sure, you might really like Vanilla - and it's a good way to test their quality to have something relatively plain and see how it speaks - but you're missing out on all the 'fun and adventure' of their more wild flavours.

It's like if you ask someone what their dream job is, they will almost never say their current job - even if their current job is someone else's dream job. Imagine if you were an entry-level accountant, and one day you went shopping at an antique shop and rubbed an old lamp - a genie appears and says to you "I can make you a entry-level accountant, an astronaut, a secret agent, or a movie star? Which will you be?"

Not many entry-level accountants are going to stick with accounting - even though that was what they thought they wanted to be when they went through school. Picking Elf is like picking Astronaut, you instantly become the best possible person in the room, picking dwarf is like picking movie star - you're a source of entertainment to all who behold you, picking robot is like picking secret agent: you're probably overpowered, and all the women want you (fact: women love robots).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    When I actually do play a human male, it's so I can sort of familiarize myself into my character. It's hard to imagine you're in the game when you're playing as a big fat gigantic tauren, or a giant of some sort.

And if I play a human female it's because EMFH is too strong in WoW and because male are too ugly. But in general I do tend to play races other than humans. Like in GW2 I like playing asura, but in rift I actually do enjoy playing a human female.

IDK LEAVE ME ALONE

I have no problem with playing humans in games. Usually, they are so different from real life anyway -- sorcerers and paladins, engineers with steampunk arsenals, assassins who are part of ancient, cult-like secret brotherhoods, etc. -- that, to me, they are as fantastic as orcs or elves or whatever.

Besides, most non-human races usually just take certain traits from actual humans and exaggerate them, anyway. When you play an orc, for instance, most of the time your mindset is simply that of a rough, somewhat violent human, extrapolated to another, often almost cartoonish, level.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Why would I play myself, when I can be a giant walking cow, or undead corpse?

There not really. I just dont understand why your playing a fantasy game as a human when there are fantasy races. Ive made a few human chars though, because i like the way some armor looks on them.

Deleted
    People that keep saying humans are boring and they want to play something else cause they see humans all day long think they need to express this because they are on the internet and you always "need" to express your opinion... I pick humans because the story writers can collect more information about the human behavior and project it into their world. They can apply this to the other races too but most of the time (not always) they end up making them one dimensional, like all elfs being hippies and wise, orcs being barbarians, etc... I play humans because I'm more interested in their involvement in the world, but what many people don't think about is that RPGs and mmoRPGs are made so you can see the world from more than one point of view. So naturally those who don't like rolling alts are gonna start talking smack cause this is the land of all possibilities, where princesses get kidnapped by dragons and some of it's denizens choose to express themselves through aweful memes, dis iz teh land of teh internetz.