Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Girls and social media

Dear champs, I'm a college student and whenever I start to get interested in a girl one of the things I would do is check her twitter page (stalking, please don't judge). I was always very fussy with the way girls present themselves especially in the way they text,tweet and facebook and whenever I check out the girls twitter page and I don't like the way she tweets or texts through messages it immediately makes me lose attraction towards her. Just wondering if any of you are as fussy as me when it comes to girls and social media or am I just being immature/crazy? thanks for reading

Deleted
    Pretty sure it's Immature / crazy as a lot of people I work with talk differently when they are being professional and when they are with their friends.

You shouldn't judge someone on how they type. Get to know them, you might see a side of them you might enjoy.

Thats a bit creepy haha.

Get to know them a bit then make a decision, if we all based our judgements on what we write on-line then we would all be dating trolls, flamers, & keyboard warriors.

How do you know they're not trolling/deliberately acting different than they normally would on those social sites?

Food for thought!

If this is honestly the case then you're probably better off just turning gay right now.

Deleted
    Pretty harsh to judge someone by the internet since you don't really know that person too well. Everyone have their own personality especially on the internet because you can be someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    Pretty harsh to judge someone by the internet since you don't really know that person too well. Everyone have their own personality especially on the internet because you can be someone else.
    Theres a difference between your "internet" persona and your facebook persona i imagine. One is largely anonymous and the other is the face you put on around your friends.

You know while typing this out I did feel a bit ashamed of myself haha, just needed someone to tell me I guess. Appreciate the feedback!

Judging someone based on how they type on social media is stupid and immature, but judging them on the content is different. If someone posts racist, abusive and sexist crap on their Facebook, then it is fair to assume they're a jerk anyway, but checking out things about people purely by Social Media alone, and not wanting to get to know them because of it is just odd.

I'll also assume, based on your avatar you're a women, so really all this thread is; "I'm a women, I love other women, and here is a lame reason for me to tell you this".

well i do the same with the guys i met , or even if i have to interview someone for a job. If they don't have a proper internet image they are not suited for the job. And if they talk about football ( european ), girls and hungovers they just don't suit me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Judging someone based on how they type on social media is stupid and immature, but judging them on the content is different. If someone posts racist, abusive and sexist crap on their Facebook, then it is fair to assume they're a jerk anyway, but checking out things about people purely by Social Media alone, and not wanting to get to know them because of it is just odd.

I'll also assume, based on your avatar you're a women, so really all this thread is; "I'm a women, I love other women, and here is a lame reason for me to tell you this".
    I'm going to assume, based on YOUR avatar you're a dragon! I read your post in a female dragon voice and it really had a pretty nice flow to it.
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    I'm going to assume, based on YOUR avatar you're a dragon! I read your post in a female dragon voice and it really had a pretty nice flow to it.
    +2
    I'll be whatever you want me to be, for £172 a night.

Deleted
    Dude, that is expensive as all hell.

I'm a guy and I just like scene girls haha. If I wasn't clear enough I wasn't judging the girl just by her behavior on social media alone. What I mean is, a girl who I find really nice and I like but the way she types on social media is a turn off, typing words like smh,fts and using long words such as okayyyyyyy is a turn off for me

For every pound you get a pound.

Deleted
    I want you to be the dragon who gives me £173 every night for all the failed hero's that tried to kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    For every pound you get a pound.
    This made me giggle!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    Dude, that is expensive as all hell.
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to move around the city at night, as a fucking dragon?! Do you think I can just walk into "The Whore Store" and buy some fishnets and some heels? I gotta get that shit custom made!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mufawa View Post
    I'm a guy and I just like scene girls haha. If I wasn't clear enough I wasn't judging the girl just by her behavior on social media alone. What I mean is, a girl who I find really nice and I like but the way she types on social media is a turn off, typing words like smh,fts and using long words such as okayyyyyyy is a turn off for me
    but she is not using them towards you okeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I get your point, but based on your logic I take it you are the kind of guy who can pick any girl he wants so by that standards you can be a picky as you want!

Deleted
    This made me giggle!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to move around the city at night, as a fucking dragon?! Do you think I can just walk into "The Whore Store" and buy some fishnets and some heels? I gotta get that shit custom made!
    Just by being a Dragon should attract appropriate clientele.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    Just by being a Dragon should attract appropriate clientele.
    Clearly you've not seen how my cousin, Onyxia was treated every time she turned her head around the corner ...