Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Every Prof will get every weapon

What’s more is that the team is also working very hard finding a way to make it so that every profession has access to every weapon and their own weapon skills for those previously locked weapons. Engineer plus Hammer? Check.
    This is a quote from Colin Brohanson on this link, found this little gem on the engi forums!

who else is fucking Psyched?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...-for-2013.html
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Double pistol mesmer/thief!!

Although a warrior with a staff is just going to look odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post

I was thinking Warrior Staff is probably going to be them bashing people in with the staff, they already have those animations (could get them on an ele if you bugged it with a lightning hammer, you used what were clearly NOT hammer animations but were clearly melee oriented while using a staff.)
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post

Dual pistol mesmer would be beast.

Not to be a buzzkill, but I doubt every profession will get every weapon. Think about all the abilities they have to implement for elementalist with the 4 attunements. And balancing everything..? Maybe they might add a few more weapons for some professions, but as a progressing thing. Not like all weapons at once.
    Last edited by Management; 2013-07-23 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I was thinking Warrior Staff is probably going to be them bashing people in with the staff, they already have those animations (could get them on an ele if you bugged it with a lightning hammer, you used what were clearly NOT hammer animations but were clearly melee oriented while using a staff.)
    You're right. Probably something like a martial arts kind of training weapon. Plus there are already ramrod objects out there we use to bash people - broken sticks, shovels, etc.

Longbow mesmer

hmmm

Could add interesting gameplay elements, but would this also imply that the traits systems will be built out more? Not too bad a prospect.

Deleted
    Hm I kind of like the idea. It won't be there for years tho.
    And I also hope if they do it, they can make it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Longbow mesmer

hmmm
    It'll be a Melee weapon just watch lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Could add interesting gameplay elements, but would this also imply that the traits systems will be built out more? Not too bad a prospect.
    They already said they were going to be expanding on our skills (probably just utility) and traits by the end of the year, so I'd imagine more traits would be added with the weapons as well.

I can't really see all professions getting every weapon, could they have meant more weapons by the end of the year? I would like to see a longbow/ double sword thief.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I can't really see all professions getting every weapon, could they have meant more weapons by the end of the year? I would like to see a longbow/ double sword thief.
    Not every weapon at one time.

They would prob add a new weapon for each class every other update.

It'll be a Melee weapon just watch lol.
    I cut you with longbow string?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Not every weapon at one time.

They would prob add a new weapon for each class every other update.

Lol who knows, you shoot lazerZ from the GS, so I have a feeling you'll pummel people with the longbow

10+ Year Old Account

They would prob add a new weapon for each class every other update. some of those longbows have some really sharp edges i wouldnt be suprised if people used them as klingon blades..

I do like the idea of having the bows on my Engineer. Hammers would be awesome too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I'll probably be one of the first but: Hopefully some decent long-range for Guardians at last

Greatsword engineer.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING BUT IT'S CAUSING EXPLOSIONS

This will be awesome with the new skill-progression (GW1) they are planning to add for GW2

Deleted
    This is fucking epic. Finally a proper ranged weapon for my guardian? GIEF NAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    They already said they were going to be expanding on our skills (probably just utility) and traits by the end of the year, so I'd imagine more traits would be added with the weapons as well.
    Yes, yes. But it's not really an issue of lack of traits, skills and weapon abilities that make the gameplay experience so shallow of thought. It's more that the traits & skills are not terribly interesting for the most part or "crunchy".

When I say, 'build out traits more'. I don't mean create more of them, per se.

I do hope Anet create interesting dynamics to think about alongside a greater variety of weapons, however.

Having an elementalist as primary character, my brain hurts thinking of how many abilities they would have to add in order to incorporate every weapon being usable for just that class, let alone everyone else.