Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Easiest Heroics when half the raid don't have a clue what they're doing

Our guild is on a break for a few weeks, summer slack etc. So a few of us have decided to help out one of the guild on our server because they are nice guys (currently 4/13). Wondering what the kill orders should be. Assume we'll have a max of around 9 hours raid time. They've killed jinrokh qon horridon jikun.

We'll probably bring 3-4 players along, comprising of: holydin, warlock, ret paladin, eleshammy, owl.

Wondering what the best progress targets will be given half the raid won't know what they're doing.

I've got council marked, because I can just bop off blue arrows.
    Tortos perhaps? They have no brm, but our ele can stun at stomps and warlock can slow?
    Megaera worth trying?
    Durumu worth trying in the time available? we can melt the ice walls, but if i recall correctly light spectrum phases took a night or so to learn.
    Primordius?
    Twins?
    Assuming DA is off limits.

Any input welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prim is a fairly easy numbers (Numbers have to be somewhat high though)fight, so is Twins.
    If you had issues in normal Durumu/Tortos, don't try them before Prim/Twins, if you didn't have issues on normal, it'd be worth a shot. . Meg I have no idea on 10. DA is so far out of your league if half the raid is bad it's not even fun. If you can push 200k+ dps on average, it might be worth trying the zerg tactic though.

Deleted
    how many are you aiming for? Of the bosses you have listet, imo the eassiest to learn and take down would be twins and primordius. Tortos with a pala solo tanking is quite easy as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearshifter View Post
    how many are you aiming for? Of the bosses you have listet, imo the eassiest to learn and take down would be twins and primordius. Tortos with a pala solo tanking is quite easy as well
    Was thinking 8-9 total would probably be a good haul. No idea how good their dps actually are though, so some of it will be wait and see. Just need to prep some strats that doesn't really require them to deviate much from normal tactics.

Tortos, Twins, Durumu and Primordius, and council are all a joke if you overgear them like most people do now. If 25 Megeara is easy, unsure about 10

Deleted
    Man you have pretty high standards.

Just need to point out that only 10% of the raiding population are 4/13 or higher, and everyone (other than yourself's) "don't have a clue what they're doing", I find that pretty harsh.

Deleted
    In the context of what youre bringing along: one of the strongest healers ingame and simply the best burstclasses there is (ele, ret, lock and doomkin) council will be a joke. Assuming your up to 5 players are 13/13hc, close to BiS and whatnot, youll be able to burn Sul so fast he wont know what hit him. More dps on this fight is immensely useful because it allows you to also burn down malakk before the 2nd debuff in his first empowerement (BoP/smoke bomb) without risking Sul's empowerment (less time overall till the 4th empowerement).

Lock + boomkin makes Primo easy peasy! Same, if you bring along some great dpsers the dps requirements on Twins will be nonexistant as well, meaning you can faceroll that one as well.

So I would suggest Council > Primo > Twins > Tortos > Meagara.

Not because Tortos/meagara are much harder, but because on those 1 person fucking up is usually a wipe, tortos is easy fail due to the shield mechanic if people are bad, meagara is just a clusterfuck if people dont know how to run with ice.

However, you really should give these guys more credit, getting 4 heroics isnt remarkably 'clueless' and im sure that they'd be more than able to learn / adapt to new bosses fairly quickly, especially with your help. So just do them in order, Council>Tortos etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't help if it's their tanks or healers who are holding them back.

And I love the way you are thinking. Everyone with less progress than you is automatically bad and has no clue about anything, mmkay? I hope your own guild is at least 13/13 or you are just making yourself sound like an arrogant douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post

Just need to point out that only 10% of the raiding population are 4/13 or higher, and everyone (other than yourself's) "don't have a clue what they're doing", I find that pretty harsh.
    Its been 4months since ra-den died, so its not that far from the truth. Even raiding 2times a week is enough to clear tot by now if you are competent.

I'm sure those nice guys will be thrilled by your assessment of them! Dirty scrubs -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Its been 4months since ra-den died, so its not that far from the truth. Even raiding 2times a week is enough to clear tot by now if you are competent.
    You are assuming that they have raided as a team since ToT was released, and never had to cancel raids or waste time looking for pugs.

If you have the dps for it, you could do the Dark Animus burn strategy.

I think that by "no clue what they are doing" he meant that they do not know the fights. Not that they cannot play their chars. So don't judge the OP to harshly for saying that.

On topic though. I'd probably skip Mageara and Animus and kill the rest in order. Mageara tends to be a bit chaotic before players get used to the mechanics and most people only kill green+red on normal and will thus have the fight be substantially different on HC. You will be able to kill it, but it might be a bit more of a timesink than the other bosses. On the other hand, if they have already gotten a few tries in on Mageara at some point, go for it!

What you're assuming they have no clue how to play the game despite them being 4/13. It's called progression for a reason, I'm sure they didn't ask to be carried, the way you just said it is just rude to be honest.

I just have to say the OP's attitude is downright terrible. "Only" 4/13? That's well above the majority of raiding guilds out there. Just because you are obviously in a good guild doesn't mean everything is super easy for everybody. If I was in that guild I certainly wouldn't want the help of an elitist ass who thinks that people "don't have a clue what they're doing" despite being above the average when it comes to progression. It's as though OP thinks anyone good cleared 13/13 months ago, and everyone who didn't are dirty scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I just have to say the OP's attitude is downright terrible. "Only" 4/13? That's well above the majority of raiding guilds out there. Just because you are obviously in a good guild doesn't mean everything is super easy for everybody. If I was in that guild I certainly wouldn't want the help of an elitist ass who thinks that people "don't have a clue what they're doing" despite being above the average when it comes to progression. It's as though OP thinks anyone good cleared 13/13 months ago, and everyone who didn't are dirty scrubs.
    You're an idiot. Nowhere in his post does the word "only" appear.

Infracted; Don't call people names, if you disagree with them
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-08-05 at 01:08 PM.
    Vamp

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Our guild is on a break for a few weeks, summer slack etc. So a few of us have decided to help out one of the guild on our server because they are nice guys (currently 4/13). Wondering what the kill orders should be. Assume we'll have a max of around 9 hours raid time. They've killed jinrokh qon horridon jikun.

We'll probably bring 3-4 players along, comprising of: holydin, warlock, ret paladin, eleshammy, owl.

Wondering what the best progress targets will be given half the raid won't know what they're doing.

I've got council marked, because I can just bop off blue arrows.
    Tortos perhaps? They have no brm, but our ele can stun at stomps and warlock can slow?
    Megaera worth trying?
    Durumu worth trying in the time available? we can melt the ice walls, but if i recall correctly light spectrum phases took a night or so to learn.
    Primordius?
    Twins?
    Assuming DA is off limits.

Any input welcome.
    Twins and Primordius seems like your best bet. Tortos is easy but it still has a fair bit of personal responsability.

Quote Originally Posted by hammypants View Post
    You're an idiot. Nowhere in his post does the word "only" appear.
    Did you read his post, or hell even the title of the thread? The way he refers to the guild he wants to "help" comes off as being "These guys are only 4/13 so they must be terrible and stupid".

Deleted
    Unbelievable how many people think a realistic assessment (not knowing tactics for a lot of new bosses, and having only 6-9 hours to process them) comes across as 'arrogant' or a 'bad attitude.' The ONLY thing I said is that they won't know what they are doing on the bosses, which is true. For example, we all wiped on durumu a few times as we learned how to do light spectrum properly. It's simple a time:learning consideration.

It's amazing that out of 17 replies, 7 of them are calling me out for bad attitude. How many of you fuckers [who are crying about OP wording] put your time into helping out other guilds when they can? Probably none, which is why you've never taken the time to work out a strategy to do it, nor understand the people who do.

We're putting our time into helping out another guild because we want to...how are people spinning that into 'arrogant douche'?

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post

Dude did you read actually the post?