Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    It's the same with anything now and days. Reasoning things out is perfectly fine unless some people just can't get it through their thick skulls. Then you're a conspiracy theorist.
    Holy shit!!!!

I think I got it!

All this time, Blizzard was hiding behind the game industry as a cover up.
    Guys guys! Blizzard is actually the core of the Illuminati!!!

Why do you think that each and one of their franchises is succesful as fuck?

The Illuminati are also known to leave hidden secrets about their presence.
    "Starcraft: Ghost".
    They want us to know that they are like ghosts among us.

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK!

On the otherhand, a billion dollar company wasting $250 to delay the release of information that they don't want people to know and who has displayed this pattern of behavior before sounds much more reasonable.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Uhm, that doesn't say Bibi registered The Dark Below or Corgis Unleashed, it's him explaining that you can register in anyone's name and someone else did that. Learn to read?
    He said in his post "I am going to call the whole Dark Below thing a hoax." Despite me disagreeing with him 100% he still posted that it was a hoax.

Uhm, that doesn't say Bibi registered The Dark Below or Corgis Unleashed, it's him explaining that you can register in anyone's name and someone else did that. Learn to read?
    I'm fairly certain that this is not the case.

Who may file an application?
    Only the owner of the trademark may file an application for registration. The owner controls the use of the mark, and controls the nature and quality of the goods to which it is affixed, or the services for which it is used. The owner may be an individual, corporation, partnership, LLC, or other type of legal entity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    People were "certain" Mists was a hoax.

I believe The Dark Below is the next expansion, and it is an underwater world.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    the united states tradmarks and patent office official web pages, here is the tradmarks search page.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?...810:n7g966.1.1

make a search for various blizzard IP, i don't have a hit for the dark below, does not seem to have been registered yet.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    He said in his post "I am going to call the whole Dark Below thing a hoax." Despite me disagreeing with him 100% he still posted that it was a hoax.
    He made quite a bold statement, and for that I simply have to throw out his whole argument. This is the same guy that's accurately predicted expansions since Wrath.

Where I call it a hoax is the fact it, and Reaper of Souls, are not trademarked in the US at this time. Either it is a hoax, or Boub let some info he got out too soon.

However, I don't think we wasted the last 24 hours. Didn't we just pick through every dialogue in MoP and come to the realization there's equal amounts of lore to cast doubt on Expansion V being the legion as there is to support it?

I mean it's been tossed about Wrathion said the subjegation of the Horde alone would have taken years.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Who said he registered it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    the united states tradmarks and patent office official web pages, here is the tradmarks search page.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?...810:n7g966.1.1

make a search for various blizzard IP, i don't have a hit for the dark below, does not seem to have been registered yet.
    This is the search for REGISTERED trademarks. The only thing that has been done so far is an application. It wouldn't show under that search yet as it hasn't been approved. And, yes, if you search for Mists of Pandaria it comes up.
    Xinjun

I want to call it real, but I don't know, the fact that all the more recent trademarks have been kept secret until just before announcements suggests they would keep Wow Secret. Or maybe they expected Wow to be leaked more because it has so many more people, so they couldn't risk not trademarking it in the US?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have to register it to produce a fake image like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Don't have to register it to produce a fake image like that.
    No, there are links to the actual .gov website. Not just images.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    He made quite a bold statement, and for that I simply have to throw out his whole argument. This is the same guy that's accurately predicted expansions since Wrath.

Where I call it a hoax is the fact it, and Reaper of Souls, are not trademarked in the US at this time. Either it is a hoax, or Boub let some info he got out too soon.

However, I don't think we wasted the last 24 hours. Didn't we just pick through every dialogue in MoP and come to the realization there's equal amounts of lore to cast doubt on Expansion V being the legion as there is to support it?

I mean it's been tossed about Wrathion said the subjegation of the Horde alone would have taken years.
    I am still going with he let out information too soon. I do believe that TDB is real but Blizzard wanted their focus on Diablo right now and not WoW

Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Because it was copied directly from it, maybe?
    Who said Boub did the hoax?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ay-not-really)
    chrth asked who said Boub did the hoax and you answered with that link. That link however doesn't state Boub did the hoax, it states that anyone could have registered, that someone did and thus it was a hoax. Boub didn't do it, he just exposed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    I am still going with he let out information too soon. I do believe that TDB is real but Blizzard wanted their focus on Diablo right now and not WoW
    The fact there's the teaser for Reaper of Souls now up, it stands to reason that we're getting that revealed next week.

Likely Bibi wasn't supposed to leak The Dark Below's name until mid September, where it could build hype for Blizzcon in November.

The part about not paying the fees upfront is a boldfaced lie. http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/teas/new_teas_plus.pdf
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Guys, wait for Blizzcon.
    also understand that Mists was considered a hoax or not WoW expansion until Blizzcon.
    Corgis Unleashed may not be fake (he hasn't admitted to registering it or proved it was a fake, there's a corgi model in game files which could be a promotional pet for what may be a new kids game)
    The Dark Below isn't confirmed or denied. Circumstantial evidence hints at it being the next expansion but apparently anyone can register it. Still, if that's the case, how come no crafty individual has registered some Legion-sounding expansion to get all the fanbois frothing at a brilliant hoax?
    You are right it isn't confirmed or denied that it is a hoax but the websites are now saying TDB is a hoax because its only an application.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Still, if that's the case, how come no crafty individual has registered some Legion-sounding expansion to get all the fanbois frothing at a brilliant hoax?
    Uhm, someone did: http://teas.uspto.gov/forms/xslt.ser...4f5d3e5df264f7 -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...age=6#comments

That's the point. Anyone can fill in the application. You don't actually have to file it to fill it in and save it...

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If its not real, wouldnt blizzard have said so?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The prof. Marketing I get classes from, who has a high function at some of the biggest publicity companies in the US and EU ... has confirmed that Blizzard a few days ago arranged contracts for publicity work for (in his words: ) "an underwater themed game."

You people can all believe it's a hoax or not, but I've gotten all the confirmation I need. I'm sure there 'might' be other people on this forum who work for big publicity companies as well who might be able to confirm. I'm actually quite certain MMO-C made sure to get similar confirmation before posting such big news, else it would be extremely unprofessional ... and you can say what you want, but mmo-c has over the past years always been a very accurate source of early information...

Bookmark this so you can look back at it when Blizzard themself will confirm at Blizzcon.
    While I'm sure there will be people that will say you're trolling here, I would not pass off your post as complete BS. I'm going to mentally file this away should it prove true come Blizzcon.

As silly as it sounds, there was a thread a few days ago by a guy talking about how the expansion may not necessarily be Legion themed, and he cited a few things that made me raise my eyebrows when "The Dark Below" trademark was leaked.

Steel series just ran a Blizzcon contest to send 2 people to Blizzcon in custom costumes by the League of S.T.E.A.M. So, just who is this League of S.T.E.A.M.? They're a steampunk group that performs at live events (they were at the San Diego Comic Con this year). Having a steampunk performance group create and promote a costume for any Blizzard event would seem pretty out of place since the style doesn't fit any of Blizzard's games....unless you're talking about a possible underwater expansion, especially one that may involve Nagas whose own zones and raids had a very steampunkish aesthetic back in TBC. IF the next expansion is an Azshara/Old God one that takes place under water (if only partially), I certainly wouldn't be surprised if these guys end up performing at Blizzcon itself.

Yes, this is speculation, and was something I'd initially just shrugged off as being interesting but not enough to prove anything. But combined with the other circumstantial evidence that's coming out (including things people are digging out of the game to corroborate a possible TDB expansion), I'm not so sure about writing the idea off anymore.
    Last edited by Chudah; 2013-08-14 at 07:05 PM.