So where we are standing atm? whats the botom line?

Hey.
    im a pvper frost mage.
    im in the army, dont have much time to follow the happening.
    Whats the status for 5.4?
    Frost is suck?
    respec arcane?
    stay frost?
    open a lock? :P
    someone can explain for me a bit?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Highdeath View Post
    Hey.
    im a pvper frost mage.
    im in the army, dont have much time to follow the happening.
    Whats the status for 5.4?
    Frost is suck?
    respec arcane?
    stay frost?
    open a lock? :P
    someone can explain for me a bit?
    Thank you
    Until the number passes go through there isn't really a way of telling what is going to happen

Chances are fire will be the standard raiding spec. It was hit hard by the combustion nerf but it is by far the most mobile spec, which will help it stay ahead in Siege.

Not sure about Mages, but thank you so much for serving in the military!

Quote Originally Posted by Species View Post
    Chances are fire will be the standard raiding spec. It was hit hard by the combustion nerf but it is by far the most mobile spec, which will help it stay ahead in Siege.
    He says he's a pvper though, but I can see fire being the top pvp spec as well, with bgs and arenas naw scaling to 522 instead of 496, crit scaling will actually get to a level where fire can shine, combine that with the specs great mobility and boom, rank 1s all day

Deleted
    Depending on the numbers won't we be seeing Arcane performing much better with the RoP buff?

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    He says he's a pvper though, but I can see fire being the top pvp spec as well, with bgs and arenas naw scaling to 522 instead of 496, crit scaling will actually get to a level where fire can shine, combine that with the specs great mobility and boom, rank 1s all day
    Noooo I didn't see that. For PvP I don't think Arcane beats out Frost. Fire, I think, will be the top PvP spec as well. I don't think they use combustion for the damage, so the nerf didn't affect them much. correct me if I'm wrong please.

Quote Originally Posted by Draghonfourt View Post
    Depending on the numbers won't we be seeing Arcane performing much better with the RoP buff?
    Better yes but you are still confined to your rune. Also you can't really chase or kite as Arcane. Fire has scorch and isn't tied to Rune so you can pretty much kite/chase people all day.
    Last edited by Species; 2013-08-17 at 01:16 PM.

Noooo I didn't see that. For PvP I don't think Arcane beats out Frost. Fire, I think, will be the top PvP spec as well. I don't think they use combustion for the damage, so the nerf didn't affect them much. correct me if I'm wrong please.
    I feel like unless you want to do Arcane in raiding, Fire and Frost will flip completely, with Frost being PvP predominant and Fire being PvE predominant now, in 5.4, they will just switch places.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Did you even read the post?
    One word: P V P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    That's three words.

<3

Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    He said "pvper" not "P V P." Even if I didn't read the post I still provided more information than your completely useless post, but I doubt you even read the thread.

He said "pvper" not "P V P." Even if I didn't read the post I still provided more information than your completely useless post, but I doubt you even read the thread.
    Ladies please, you're both pretty. Just kiss and make up.

Anyways:

- Arcane is good for PvE if you can handle the lack of mobility tools. Increase to RoP's range makes it much more viable, but still annoying.
    - Fire's nerf to Combustion hurts bad, but once you get geared, it'll still be the behemoth it is today. It lived with a heavy nerf to CM and (a bigger nerfed) Combustion back in 5.1's Hotfixes once we got geared.
    - Frost's PvP reign has been nerfed significantly, but its PvE use should be (hopefully) competitive, but as it is atm, Frost is pretty much a dead spec. Both Fire and Arcane does what it does, but better in PvE, and Fire simply outplays it in PvP due to our burst getting a smackdown.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.