Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The trolls have been enemies to humans and elves because they invade troll lands... Just like what they did to the Darkspear on their islands.
    Yeah it has nothing to do with that trolls are just fucked up in the head. Humans and elves are the ones disturbing their precious, peaceful, cannibalistic piece of heaven.

Why do we even fight the Zandalari then? In this case, Horde and Alliance are the real bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    IGoD/Red Shirt Guy wrote a good article on the topic very recently - http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...bias-arguments
    I whole heartedly agree with what he says. There is an issue with the story and the faction's, but it's not malicious.
    Does it have to be malicious to be a problem? If you want to talk about overblown favoritism, how about horde claims of alliance favoritism in Classic?

Personally I didn't mind the robo cat. But when that's the entire lead-up compared to the Horde version, then it sucks. Really could have used a bit more interaction...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Personally I didn't mind the robo cat. But when that's the entire lead-up compared to the Horde version, then it sucks. Really could have used a bit more interaction...
    Robocat only sucks when compared to the Razor Hill thing the Horde had. Alliance could have had a similar moment. Like retaking Silverwind Refuge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Does it have to be malicious to be a problem? If you want to talk about overblown favoritism, how about horde claims of alliance favoritism in Classic?
    I didn't say it wasn't a problem though. It not being malicious though does change how you should react and view the story.

Classic did favour Alliance. Overblown or not. There was simply more story to go around and then there was the Onyxia chain.
    However I'm not here to discuss story balance several expansions ago because it just becomes one giant off topic debate where people argue about expansions and then use it to justify current and future story distribution which I don't feel is healthy for the games story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde players always whine that Lordaeron is rightfully theirs, as the forsaken are "the ORIGINAL inhabitants, thankyouverymuch".

I really don't understand why they can say WoTLK was totally and utterly an alliance expac, when it was about the PRINCE of Lordaeron.

I didn't say it wasn't a problem though. It not being malicious though does change how you should react and view the story.

Classic did favour Alliance. Overblown or not. There was simply more story to go around and then there was the Onyxia chain.
    However I'm not here to discuss story balance several expansions ago because it just becomes one giant off topic debate where people argue about expansions and then use it to justify current and future story distribution which I don't feel is healthy for the games story.
    The Onyxia chain WAS the only "more" story to go around. And the Horde got a chain too. Its not like they didn't get anything. It was worse, of course, but they at least had something. Could people at least remember this when they talk about the Alliance Ony chain? It was 1 chain. Its nowhere close to comparable.

By the way, that was also almost 9 years ago as well.

Deleted
    The thing is that it's so easy to come up with interesting Alliance content, you only have to listen to what fans like. And fans don't even want to destroy the whole Horde. We understand that both factions have to exist, but the Alliance should get the same treatment as the Horde. It surprises me that people oppose giving the Alliance something interesting to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The Onyxia chain WAS the only "more" story to go around. And the Horde got a chain too. Its not like they didn't get anything. It was worse, of course, but they at least had something. Could people at least remember this when they talk about the Alliance Ony chain? It was 1 chain. Its nowhere close to comparable.

By the way, that was also almost 9 years ago.
    That's why I implied it was overblown.

Fact is this is the internet. People overblow stuff all the time .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    Horde players always whine that Lordaeron is rightfully theirs, as the forsaken are "the ORIGINAL inhabitants, thankyouverymuch".

I really don't understand why they can say WoTLK was totally and utterly an alliance expac, when it was about the PRINCE of Lordaeron.
    You're right, there's an inconsistency in that logic. Whatever supports their argument.

I agree; the more pertinent problem for WoW's story is that it's written by a guy pandering to tweens. It's just a really bad story despite being a really good setting, really reminds me of the Dune stories written by Frank Herbert's son.

"Guy goes crazy"
    "Guy goes crazy"
    "Guy doesn't go crazy but intentionally aligns himself with bad people because reasons (it will secretly be a corruption arc as a big reveal)"

Maybe the problem is Chris Metzen can't write things that aren't Paladins Falling stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Why do we even fight the Zandalari then? In this case, Horde and Alliance are the real bad guys.
    Pmuch. All the troll uprisings have been to reclaim their land. Did you see the ZA trailer?

And the 4.1 trailer?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-18 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The Alliance get to raid the capital city of the Horde. I would've loved to raid Stormwind and kill Varian as the final boss...
    This. Death to Varian

Deleted
    Pmuch, did you see the ZA trailer?
    It was a rhetorical question. You're justifying everything, every troll race does by saying they were there first and we are the real intruders. Then the trolls are right in attacking us, whether Amani, Zandalari or Gurubashi. We're the bad guys, and they are the good guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please tell me where in this series of missions the Humans have the Trolls join the Horde. Because they do so solely due to Sen'jin's death and Vol'jin's ascension. And neither of those things have anything to do with the Humans.
    Sen'jin's vision was for Thrall to arrive and have his people join the Horde. The Humans never factored into his vision. We hear it again in "Shadows of the Horde" broseph.
    Vision wouldn't mean jack shit if the Alliance didn't come to their islands, wreck the place, and be the impetus that forged the Darkspear/Horde bond. They were already allies by the time the Sea Witch attacked.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a rhetorical question. You're justifying everything, every troll race does by saying they were there first and we are the real intruders. Then the trolls are right in attacking us, whether Amani, Zandalari or Gurubashi. We're the bad guys, and they are the good guys.
    So it's totally cool for the Alliance/humans to invade other people's lands because they "are just fucked up in the head," but when the Horde invades Alliance lands it's not okay?

Deleted

So it's totally cool for the Alliance/humans to invade other people's lands because they "are just fucked up in the head," but when the Horde invades Alliance lands it's not okay?
    Following your logic, everything is troll territory, so the Horde is invading it just as well. That they're fucked up was always the reason why we attacked them. In Zul'Gurub, in Zul'Aman, in Zul'Drak, on the Isle of Thunder - they always tried to do unspeakable things for their own personal gain and power. Summoning and controlling terrible gods, practicing voodoo and dark rituals, sacrificing people, eating people, sacrificing their Loa gods. And their Loa gods are very often fucked up themselves. All those things they try to do is why we fight them. Is why we fight anybody. Demons, Naga, Scourge, Old Gods. Usually they are up to nothing good. Harming others for their own purposes.

You're basically saying it's not ok for us to attack them. Which is exactly why I asked that question. Does that mean we are the bad guys? Hint: the answer to that riddle is no.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-08-18 at 07:50 AM.

Vision wouldn't mean jack shit if the Alliance didn't come to their islands, wreck the place, and be the impetus that forged the Darkspear/Horde bond. They were already allies by the time the Sea Witch attacked.
    Except the vision was WHY Sen'jin allied his people to Thrall. You take the Humans out of the equation and the exact same thing happens. Thrall lands on the island, finds the people, helps them cuz murlocs. Sen'jin dies, Vol'jin ascends, Darkspear join the Horde.

I have to say, I absolutely love your connections between stuff on the basis of tangential relatability.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-08-18 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Following your logic, everything is troll territory, so the Horde is invading it just as well. That they're fucked up was always the reason why we attacked them. In Zul'Gurub, in Zul'Aman, in Zul'Drak, on the Isle of Thunder - they always tried to do unspeakable things for their own personal gain and power. Summoning and controlling terrible gods, practicing voodoo and dark rituals, sacrificing people, eating people, sacrificing their Loa gods. And their Loa gods are very often fucked up themselves. All those things they try to do is why we fight them. Is why we fight anybody. Demons, Naga, Scourge, Old Gods. Usually they are up to nothing good. Harming others for their own purposes.

You're basically saying it's not ok for us to attack them. Which is exactly why I asked that question. Does that mean we are the bad guys? Hint: the answer to that riddle is no.
    Don't pretend it had anything to do with their religion or sacrificing/cannibalizing trolls. It was because they posed a threat to us. The Klaxxi worship the Old Gods. Why don't we kill them? Because they aren't a threat to us... until they become one.

I believe that MoP is just a part of a much longer term lore, based on the fact that « evil » (whoever it may be: titans, old gods, or Sargeras) constitutes a danger to both Alliance and Horde characters, because of the strenght of its corruption ability. The racial, political and economical interests of both factions and their battles are only secondary objectives to the ultimate survival of their races.

Each expansion wil have its moments of glory and decline for both factions said Blizzard, and we’ll certainly have interesting developments for Alliance in the future, and later again for Horde, etc.

So, there’s no need to complain about a part of the global story.

Deleted
    Don't pretend it had anything to do with their religion or sacrificing/cannibalizing trolls. It was because they posed a threat to us. The Klaxxi worship the Old Gods. Why don't we kill them? Because they aren't a threat to us... until they become one.
    They pose a threat to us because of the things they do. Summoning Hakkar is a threat. Capturing, killing and eating people is a threat. Dabbling in dark rituals is a threat. Isn't that enough? Enough to make anyone realize they're wicked anyway.