Voters
162. This poll is closed
  • Yay!

72 44.44%
  • Nay!

90 55.56%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Would a tech/tinker class fit in a deep sea expansion?

So I just want to do a simple poll here. Do you guys and gals think that a technology class would fit the theme of deep sea/underwater expansion?

What do you think?

It would but not as well as DK/WotLK or MoP/Monk.

Deleted
    I just hope we don't get a deep sea expansion in the first place as vashjir didn't work, apart from looking gorgeous.

A underground (deepholm) does work fine especially with tinker class.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Works perfectly well actually. Zomg underwater cities, bad-ass goblin/gnome technologies, tinkers!
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Opinions, Skymane. I, personally, find Vashj'ir to be one of the most enjoyable zones in the game.

And yes, a Tinker class would work. Submarines, diving gear, weapons that work underwater, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    So I just want to do a simple poll here. Do you guys and gals think that a technology class would fit the theme of deep sea/underwater expansion?

What do you think?
    Did Teriz ask you to open this thread?

A tinker would some what be a class with engineering built in it (bombs rockets robots gears etc)i dont really know , i mean to go underwater and stuff we always had that big submarine in vash'jir so i guess it may be possible that technicians are needed but i cant put my finger on a theme like Death Knights had with Arthas and Monks had with Pandaria/Pandaren in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it would.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea anyone?

Atlantis anyone?

Bioshock anyone?

Its a pretty common theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Did Teriz ask you to open this thread?
    Well, I'm also interested in a tinker class, and I read some of the other discussions. Just wanted to gauge everyone's feelings about it.

I must admit I thought about this the other day and, and I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced submarines as a zone specific underwater amount. I wasn't thinking of tinkers at the time, but it would tie in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post

What do you think?
    No. Powertechs, Mercenaries and Advanced Prototypes fit only into the Star Wars universe.

It was people like you who campaigned for pandaz and so Blizzard incorporated into their game fanda pandas. Let's hope that Blizzard won't incorporate into WoW Powertechs or Ponies next time, heh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Of course it would.

Atlantis anyone?

Bioshock anyone?

Atlantis? You mean the fictional city that doesn't exist? I bet they had lots of mech suits there.

10+ Year Old Account
    What other class could fit an underwater/underground expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo11 View Post
    No. Powertechs, Mercenaries and Advanced Prototypes fit only into the Star Wars universe.

It was people like you who campaigned for pandaz and so Blizzard incorporated into their game fanda pandas. Let's hope that Blizzard won't incorporate into WoW Powertechs or Ponies next time, heh.
    Well, that is just bullshit. Technology is present in WoW, was even a part of the Warcraft universe before WoW came out. Just like the Pandaren

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkers.. underwater.. Big Daddy suits.. BY GOD WE'RE ON TO SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Of course it would.

Atlantis anyone?

Bioshock anyone?

I like where you are coming from although idk it feels like it can be done but it also bugs me a bit :/
    Tinker would be a cool class no matter how they entered the game though

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Atlantis? You mean the fictional city that doesn't exist? I bet they had lots of mech suits there.
    I like how you said that as if Bioshock or 20,000 leagues under the sea were real.

Whether or not Tinkers fit depends entirely on what's in the expansion.

If it's completely Naga, then No. The Naga have absolutely no connection to that kind of technology, so there'd be no organic reason to add Tinkers, same thing if it's old god related.

If goblins are a significant part of it, or Undermine or Kezan make appearances as significant places, then sure, a Tinker makes sense as a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You're in the minority. The overwhelming majority of players hated the zone.
    I like that you have solid evidence behind you.
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

No.

We need Rune Masters and Vrykul as playable race.

Deleted
    I actually do have to admit, that a mech suit in underwater territory does sound practical. But only in the sense that you could argue, that people would want to wear it to be protected underwater - to get around underwater. But then, what do all the other classes do? Will only the Tinker be able to travel underwater? And if not... if all the other classes can, too, it eliminates the need for such a class.